Wednesday, August 3, 2016

WOYWW #374

Good WOYWW all my crafty friends!! It's another Wednesday, which would be fine any other time, but for me it's the last Wednesday of summer!! Yep, the kiddos start school on Friday. Why Friday, you say? Well, when you figure that one out let me know? I've never figured that one out, but you just go to it don't you? My girlies are ready to start back and be with their pals, but good old mom is NOT ready for the homework and studying!!! I know one day I will wish they were here to study, but right now, I dread it! LOLOL For all you folks who have kiddos starting school, many blessings to you for a happy new school year!!

So this weeks share of my desk will be nothing special. I don't really have projects to share as I am working on several things and the only thing on my desk right now is MESS! I have scattered pieces of quite a bit, so I will just have to show you that! LOLOL

Much of the same mess is on my desk from last week, but I am working on some tags and some ATC's, so you can see bits and pieces of those lying around. You can also see product that still hasn't made it back to the drawer from last week. I simply push it around my desk as if its a long way from the desk to the drawer!!! LOLOL It's just laziness, I tell you......I'm not too proud to say it!

And since I am about the "confession," I will show you the right corner of my desk that is REALLY a mess! This bit NEVER gets better! LOLOL I do try from time to time, but it is what it is! I save all my coffee and creamer cans and use them for bits and bobbles and for paint brushes and tools. It works out pretty good. One day I will decorate them like I have seen so many of you others do, but until then, it will just be a mess!  You will also see "peeping" in there my cuppa joe! Got to have it my friends....that's a main staple for my work space! The mug is from my beautiful sister who got it in Arizona at a Yoga Retreat! It has a dragonfly on it, which is my signature love!
Above my mug is a clipboard that I keep notes to myself on and ideas, etc....My oldest daughter hid away in my closet recently and did some artwork on it for me! It's special because she doesn't do the "art thing" with me at all. My youngest is my art buddy, so the fact that she slipped in there and made this for me as a surprise, was the sweetest! xoxoxo On the shelf above it all are my art books and art products and such. The wall to the right has some of my pieces hanging and also it is my "tag wall" where I have hung tags that were sent to me in swaps. One day I will show that wall! It's so special because I look at that wall often for inspiration and just a reminder of all the lovely people I have met online through our art communities!


I also wanted to share with you today evidence of two mischief makers in our home!These two guys are relentless!!! If it can be gotten into, these two find a way to do it at all costs! I mentioned in a recent post that my hubby brought home a kitten while I was conveniently on vacation, got to love him, and this little gal has fit right in! My youngest daughter named her Sox because of her white feet and how they looked like socks on her. She's too cute. We already had two indoor cats, so she just added to the interior! LOLOL                                                                                                                                                                                             In this pic, you will see our other baby Tigger, who has shown his face around my blog before! Tigger really didn't know what to think about Sox at first, but now they are buds! She really frustrates him from time to time because she wants to play like, ALL THE TIME, and he wants to be left alone to lounge....so you can image what happens then! But what is super funny about that is that he is getting a taste of his own medicine because before Sox came into the family, Tigger did the same thing to our other cat (not shown), whom we lovingly call "fat cat"!! She's our old bird and she will have NOTHING to do with Tigger and has just egged her on, on a DAILY BASIS, since he arrived into our home! So now, baby Sox is getting hers in! LOLOL Isn't it funny how what goes around comes around! LOLOL

Well crafty family, that's it for me today! Here's hoping you are having a FABULOUS Wednesday and many prayers for the rest of your week!

Blessings

36 comments:

  1. Gosh back to school already, we've only just broken up here in the UK, not back until September! BJ#9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It seems like yesterday they just got out! We break at the end of May here in most of the States. My girlies are ready to be back with pals! Thanks for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  2. Here in the UK the schools didn't finish for summer till 22 July, so there's a while to go before they go back, feels weird reading that you're getting ready for it already! Friday. Gah. Your desk looks great to me, am very happy to see sch lovely works and read that you aren't quite putting away as you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I was reading what BJ said and wow, there is such a difference between the States and you guys! I work full time so my girls had to stay home most of the summer, so they are ready to be back with pals! Not the school work, just pals! LOL I guess you could say a messy desk is a "working" desk! LOL Thanks for stopping in! Blessings for your Wednesday! :)

      Delete
  3. I love cat antics. We have a beagle/ spaniel mix puppy - almost a year old. he found his way into our home and our hearts. loves to play with our bigger cat, Spirit, (who is 7th generation panther). Spirit would rather antagonize then go hide then actually play. LOL Too funny to watch them.

    Love the messy desk. means you're having fun. Bummers the kids go back to school. I don't miss those days. Was better once we began homeschooling. Can't believe that's been 15 years ago! Time moves quickly, Felicia. Soak it up now. ;-) Creative Blessings! Kelly #38

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thanks for those words of encouragement! I know I need to enjoy my short time with them! I can't imagine home schooling...bless you! Wow, a 7th generation panther! Phew, that's a huge task in itself! LOLOL But I can imagine the antics with the pup are fun to watch! Thanks for popping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  4. Great kitties! Your stories and their photos make me smile! I can appreciate the corner of your desk that doesn't get better. I have areas like that too! I hope you can get your Misti! It has made my card making so much easier! Thanks for your earlier visit! I appreciate your comments too. #31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Sharon! They keep me smiling! LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one with those "corners!" My Santa letter continues to get longer....hee hee,so we shall see what he actually brings me this year! LOL Thank YOU for stopping by and many blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely busy creative space, Felicia. I have to confess to a similar corner in my studio that just isn't getting tidied any time soon - it's got so bad that I can't face it lol!! I love seeing people's kitties on WOYWW and your two look utterly gorgeous. Our 2 get on OK too but the older one merely tolerates the younger one!

    Thank you for your lovely comment. If you look for the blog post before my WOYWW one, you can read a blow by blow account of how I did the mother of pearl technique.

    My physio appt. was a revelation. I am very glad I went, because she showed me that the frozen shoulder was just a symptom of a more complex underlying cause, which she has now given me "homework" to deal with - it's a result of my disability and putting my shoulders out of balance through the use of mobility aids and I need to learn to do things differently. I am now in more pain after this morning and finding it quite a strain to do what she wants!! I'll get through it, though. She says everything will be fine in time.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #32

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoshi, I guess if I had nosed around a bit, I would have made that discovery huh? LOL I will go back and have a look at that post! Thanks for the heads up there! Our kitties are just like our children...I just don't get a tax break on them....ha ha ha! We enjoy the daily antics of all three of them! The old gal, that I didn't show, DEFINITELY tolerates the other two! Barely however, as she stays in a perpetual state of hissing and howling when they come by her! She's a bit of a cranky cat! LOL But the other two are hilarious for sure!
      Glad to here the appointment brought forth some results, even if it meant a little pain. At least you know it is something you can work on and that time will heal!! Mobility aids can be a God send, but then there is a price to be paid there as well too, huh? My mother is totally wheelchair bound and we know all about that for her! Prayers for ease of pain and and restoration through that "homework!" Blessings to you Shoshi! :)

      Delete
  6. Fab desk and pix, loving the look of the Inka Gold on your desk

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I LOVE Inka Gold...one of my fave things to work with! Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  7. I like the look of the metallic rubs - I'm looking to change the Treasure Gold I use as I'm not very happy with it, it crumbles a lot. I'd love to know what you think of the Inca Golds.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my desk earlier, I hope you have a lovely week,
    Diana #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I LOVE Inka Golds. So far, I haven't had mine crumble and I have had them for a couple of years. The only thing I will say is that if you don't close them good, they may dry a little, but I just add water and they perk right up (that has really only happened on one of mine). They give such a wonderful effect to projects! They aren't that expensive, so I'd give it a go if I were you! Any excuse for more yummy product!!! LOLOL Thanks for stopping in! Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for that Felicia, I think I'll definitely give them a go,
      Diana x

      Delete
  8. I also used to hate it when the children went back to school after the long summer break, Felicia - but time passes so very quickly. They are not young very long. My younger daughter was 40 yesterday - and even my youngest grandchild is now 10.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me VERY old!
    I love the state of everything on your desk - shows a busy and creative person lives there.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are right Margaret! Time flies and I try to enjoy every bit with them. School was very frustrating for me coming up, so the fact that I have to go through it again is worse! LOLOL But I am learning things now as opposed to before, so that's a good thing!! I started late in life, so my kids are teenagers. And hey, you aren't "OLD," you are perfected! :) Thanks for stopping in and your sweet comment! Blessings

      Delete
  9. wow back to school already!? I love both pics of your desk! The busier one is great as shows how much you have been working on! Lea #43

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School days, school days, WOW is right!! It came very quickly! My desk is always busy, which I love. I just wish I could work at more often, but I am blessed for sure! Thanks for stopping in Lea! Blessings

      Delete
  10. Great desk.Lots of interesting stuff!!! lol Cute kitties. my grandchildren don't go back to school until September - 6th I think. Thanks for popping by. Anne x #20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! My kitties are the cutest, for sure, but I am a little bias! LOLOL Thanks for stopping by and many blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  11. How lovely that your eldest girl did that special artwork for you - the rarity of that makes it even more special! I cna't believe they're going back already, as you say they'll be more than ready to see their mates again.
    The first pic made me smile! Are you suffering from a bad case of 'Butterfly Mind'?? Lol
    Hugs, LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jan, that is the thing I hold next to my heart! I keep all their little ditties to me. She used to leave me stuff all the time, but she's 16 now, so, you know, that's not too cool anymore! LOLOL So yes, the rarity makes it more special! And YES, I am suffering from a bad case of Butterfly Mind! It goes in waves!! Next week it will be something else!! LOLOL Thanks for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  12. Hi Felicia, messy is good for me Lol! Nice kitties too. Thanks for the comment over at mine and happy woyww, Angela x 12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently there are a LOT of us that suffer from the "messy is good" idea! LOLOL Art messy is ALWAYS good right???? Yes, my kitties are sweetness for sure! Thanks for stopping in Angela! Blessings for a wonderful rest of the week! :)

      Delete
  13. you've got a beautiful mess going on there! I love your art surprise from your daughter. That's so cool Dorlene #37

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? She can be sweet at times, when no one is looking...sshhhh...LOL She won't even let me put my arm around her in public!!! But I know she loves her mama and this little craftiness just says it all! Thanks for stopping by Dorlene!:)

      Delete
  14. Your kitties are adorable.
    April #24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thanks April! They really are the cutest guys, which makes it so hard to scold them! LOLOL Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  15. Lovely bits and pieces on your desk, Felicia! I spy some awesome ATCs there and I just adore that bird canvas on your wall. I don't remember seeing it before! And you absolutely MUST show us your tag wall one day! What a wonderful idea to hang your tags on the wall for inspiration! Those kitties are adorable - Tigger looks a bit shocked about that young kitty, as if he didn't know what to do with her. My parents had a older cat and when they brought home a kitten, the older cat turned very playful as well. Enjoy your week and good luck to the girls back at school. Maybe they start on a Friday as a warm up, so they can just dive into school work the following Monday. We're only into our second week of school holidays, so we've still got 4 and a half weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend!!! ATC's galore right now! I'm even thinking about getting in yet ANOTHER swap!! Can you believe that? What am I thinking? LOLOL Reveals in time for sure! I may do a throw back Thursday today, if I can find that bird canvas somewhere on my computer! Tigger does have that look from time to time with Sox, but its "Big Kitty" that doesn't know what to do with Sox!! She absolutely does NOT like her!!! Tigger gets on well with her until he's tuckered out!! LOLOL I never thought about the "warm up" idea with the Friday start, but that makes sense!! We have orientation this evening to meet all the teachers! Enjoy those 4 and half weeks my friend! I hope you guys have a holiday planned!!! Thanks for coming by, I love when you visit!! Blessings for a great weekend coming up! :)

      Delete
  16. Very intriguing desk - love all the bits and pieces going on. Lots of fun. I know you've seen by now that Uk kids only just broke up. I've lost track of it all now my son has left school. Thanks for sharing. Take care Zo xx 25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zo!! I love bits and pieces....so much potential.....that is when I finally decide to do something with them besides move them from one pile to another! LOLOL It's so funny that you guys are on a different schedule than we are here in the States and it sounds like your kids don't get as much time off as ours do. I'm sure there are benefits to that although our kids wouldn't think so! LOLOL thanks for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  17. Now that is a mighty pic of the desk and I have to say I can spend a lot of time checking out cats on Pinterest. Your 2 kitties are super sweet and good to hear the little one is having a great time. Have a lovely week.
    Sandra de @28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra de! I love kitties and would have many if I could, but right now 3 is all I can handle with my girlies still at home! Thanks for stopping in and have a super weekend! :) Blessings

      Delete
  18. Most schools I know of here in the states are out sometime between the 1st of June and mid-June. Those usually start back toward the mid to end of August. I homeschool and usually start at the beginning of August. We have been doing so much traveling of late that it won't be happening this year. Plus I still have some home projects to finish before school starts. So we'll start in a few weeks. Love your kitties. We had the same dynamic. Our youngest cat played with our oldest cat. we took in a new puppy in January and he plays the youngest cat. Have a great week. LisaDV #23

    ReplyDelete