Wednesday, March 10, 2021

WOYWW #614

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends!! It is in fact another Wednesday and time to link up with a plethora of crafty and talented folks over on Julia's Stamping Ground! Come hop on over and join the art madness!

Well hello, all and one! I hope your last week and weekend were a good one. I certainly hope you lovelies across the way are having better weather. Some states here are still experiencing yuckies, but I think a lot of us are starting to see some semblance of spring!!  Daylight savings time starts this weekend, so we will start having longer days. Speaking of which there are House Bills out that have passed through several houses to get rid of the "changing times." Not sure when all that business started way back when, but it does get everyone's dander up when we have to change times. I'd prefer staying in daylight savings time instead of standard time because it gives us longer daylight, but I'm just one person, so we will see if it reaches the top?  Also House Bill 290, the Healthcare Bill that I spoke of last week has passed through on several floors, but now sits on the Senate Floor for passing. Have my fingers crossed for my sweet mother!!

I hope all of you lovely UKers are seeing some improvement on the COVID front. We are actually seeing better numbers in my county and there has been a little bit of an exhale. I have yet to get my shot? I'm on the list, but I know there are others that need to be attended to first. I guess that's a perk of being 56, I'm not quite "old enough" yet!!!! LOLOL That was always the story of my life growing up, I was never "old enough" to do anything, I guess some things never change!!! LOL

Today's post may be short and sweet. I didn't get a lot done last week. I didn't work at all on my dot art, because I am trying to finish my two sets of ATC's for the 15th. As you can see, I need to get a move on being that today is the 10th!! I will actually have them in the mail tomorrow (my famous skidding in at the 9th-hour technique) and luckily one group's headquarters is here in my state so it will only take a day to get to her. So my photo today you will see my desk as of last night. These are some of the ATC's that I have been working on. It's March and so I just chose to go with the St. Patrick's theme. I will be honest with you all and just say that I am NOT thrilled with where this lot is going this month. I wasn't really "feeling it" if you will. I didn't really have to do a theme per say, but I did and now really wish I hadn't. Oh well, life goes on right? Can't always be "on point" as they say. I'm still just playing at this point and more to do to finish out, so maybe I can redeem myself with the ones I have left to do! LOLOL  I will show the whole lot, if it doesn't go further south, next week! LOL

MEHHHHHH!!!!!! 

On a more positive note, I have a surprise this week! I was out looking through my stash for goodies for my ATC's when I found one of my craft boxes that had bunches of tags and ATC's in it from past swaps and swap groups and I found a treasure from one of our very own deskers!!!!! I was stoked when I found it!! It was from none other than Sarah Brennan!!!! What a treat right? Do you remember making this Sarah?  I think it was either in 2014 or 2015, I can't remember. There isn't a date on it and I couldn't find one on the envelope either?  I have been in so many swaps that I can't remember everyone, but I was truly surprised when I found this one! It made my evening when I found it! Just a little throwback for you guys today! :)

My very own Sarah Brennan Treasure!

As it's Wednesday and "hump day" as we say over here in the states, I am truly ready to get over the hump this week! I don't usually have "meh" moments, but it is what it is this week! So in order to put a little pep in my step and smile on my face, I've pulled up a past happy moment to share.

Me in my element!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hike!! I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE camping!!! Since we had to get rid of the camper when I got divorced, I haven't been camping since. But that is all about to change. Since then, I have been acquiring camping stash, bit by bit and piece by piece to return to my all-time favorite love. Since I got the tent for Christmas, you remember that post, I am now set to go!! All we need is FAB weather and I'm hitting the road! I dream of hiking trails and nature surrounding me. As I am a spiritual person, it is all a huge part of my spirituality and that is what I need right now!!! These times have had us all in a tiz and I'm ready to be among God's creation and leave the tiz behind!!! :)

Well, have an AWESOME Wednesday friends and beautiful rest of your week!

Blessings

18 comments:

  1. Hiking is the best way to lift your spirits and make all seem well with the world. I chuckled at your "still too young for everything" comment. At last there is a positive about being an oldy - yes, I have had my first jab!! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, Felicia - please, don't worry about missing my birthday - I usually keep it a secret - I only mentioned it to explain the photo that my dad sent for the occasion! There's not much to celebrate about being another year older! I had to check online, but we won't change the clocks until the 28th here - I agree, they should keep the daylight saving time all year around - though it might be a bit too dark in the mornings in winter. I know all about those 'mehhh' projects - we all have them - we can't be making masterpieces all the time, right? I'm sure they'll turn out just fine, anyway in the end! How nice that you found Sarah's tag from years ago - she didn't start blogging until 2015, so it wouldn't be 2014 - it was still a long time ago! Love that picture of you standing on the mountain top - the States have some amazing scenery! I hope you can get back to camping soon - I like hiking too, but I also like my mod cons - I'm a bit of a wimp like that LOL! I also hope that you can visit your mom soon too. Have a wonderful week and thanks for your visit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't hike as such but do like to walk at Kew Gardens when I am allowed to travel to visit - I miss it - hoping to be allowed back in April when we may be allowed to venture a little further from home than "local" ha ha. by the I'll have had my first jab. Thanks for dropping by. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I used to camp all the time, in fact we spent two weeks camping around Iceland which was amazing! Then we took the boys when they arrived but as they got older we tended to go to cottages. I remember being on the Isle of Skye (in Scotland ) when we saw the sun dip below the horizon at midnight only for it to rise 30 mins later. Awesome!
    Don’t worry about not always feeling the crafty love, it happens to us all! Put music on and just fun doing something without purpose.
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to smile when you talked about not being old enough for the vaccine. I always found that when I needed to be a certain age for something I was always either too young or too old! Things are gradually looking up in the UK re. Covid but the government are taking it steady which seems sensible to me. Children are back at school this week and we can meet with one other person outside. I can understand you looking at old photos of your favourite camping trips. Normally we would be away skiing this week and my hubby has been watching the CCTV cameras they have in the resort where we normally go. Maybe next year who knows. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Felicia, I too love being out in nature. I am not able to walk far, but when we are away in the caravan we go to some out of the way places, there are only a maximum of 5 caravans allowed on the sites, it’s so peaceful as families tend to use sites that have facilities. We are still *nder lockdown here, but I believe that is changing slightly next week. Happy WOYWW Angela #21

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love working with a theme but sometimes it's just good to go with the flow isn't it, at least with ATC's they are small and you can do them much quicker than an A3..
    You really are going to be in your element when you can get out there and do what you love, if only you lived closer we have a garage full of camping things we do not use anymore since having the camper. I hope life soon returns as it was or somewhere inbetween so you can be at one with nature.. Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey xx #15

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Felicia and thank you for the visit and lovely comments. Enjoy preparing for your hike and lovely that you have been able to start collecting what you need for your next camping trip. I also love being out in nature and part of the reason is paint is just capturing the beautiful creation we have been given. Stay safe and have a creative week.
    sandra de @20

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a view. We used to live near the Appalachian trail and would sometimes take the short drive and hike for a bit. Never too much, as my daughter has CP and would get tired, but it was lovely for a bit. I know what you mean with projects at the stage called Meh! Push thru - you'll get there. and if you don't. next month will be better. I am working on an art journal page with the quote "This is not my everything. And today is just a day." Maybe it helps put it in perspective :)

    catching up…
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely surprise to see the tag Felicia. I made it in 2017 (https://www.sarahscraftshed.co.uk/2017/07/my-favourite-colour-combination.html). I think it was probably a prize for my 400th blog post and your name came out of the hat. Hope the weather is good enough soon for you to get back camping and that bill passes its final hurdle. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you very good luck with camping trip...and getting the ATCs in the post!
    Stay safe and keep well.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan#6

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes to the camping! I'm getting better with my walking and managing longer distances now so going for a short hike in the woods is starting to sound do-able, which really brings me joy. I LOVE being out in nature too. It's funny with St Patrick's Day that it's definitely much more of a thing in the US than in England. I hope you get the ATCs done! As always, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you get your ATCs done and dusted in time great to "find" items from the ladies here isn't it. Yes to hiking (I got some hiking poles for my birthday) but I can leave the camping! LOL. Hope you get to find some caches when you finally get out and about too, it's great fun.
    Thanks for the visit BJ#16

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your St. Patrick themed stuff this week, Felicia, and what a treat, finding a genuine Sarah Brennan tag! It's a fun one too - very much her style of interpreting a single word in a quirky and entertaining way. Love it. I love the photo of you "in your element" too and I do hope you can get back to camping and hiking this year.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #12

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I am so late this week - birthday got in the way of blog comments.
    Hiking and camping brings back many a happy memory for me. We always had tet holidays - even as far as Italy. We camped along the way and then set up near to Venice for many a year. Plus I was the Outdoor Adviser for the Girl Guides so that meant I was an avid camper, hiker and you name it. Oh happy days.
    I remember Sarah did not like making atc's , she was a tag girl and so when others did atc's Sarah always did tags.
    Hope you get yours done in time and get some enjoyment from making them. We don't see much in the way of "Paddy"s Day" over here as you do in the States - strange but true.
    Stay safe and well.
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah I miss camping, sadly my RA means I struggle to get down onto the floor so rarely camp now (was a HUGE camper and used to do the ten tours across dartmoor as a kid) but i still do a dailywalk every day and have done for over 6 years, fresh air and nature are great for the mind as well as body. Loving your ATCs too and thanks for visiting my desk already.
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I’m late!
    I know how it goes, sometimes a theme works and sometimes you just drift into it because you need to get it all done and over with. Sounds to me like you need to go get outdoorsy and replenish! Having said that, your desk looks great and I’m pleased to see you’re doing any stuff at all, you are so busy. Funny how we barely even notice St Patrick’s Day here! Very glad to read that County is relaxing a bit now the jabs are rolling out...pretty much the same here, but we really need everyone to stick to the rules so that we can actually start to visit each other and relax some of the rules. It’s been a very long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm so late! Love the ATCs. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#18)

    ReplyDelete