Wednesday, February 10, 2021

WOYWW #610

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! It's time to jump on the Julia train over on Stamping Ground and share what's what at your craft station!! Last week I didn't get round to a lot of your stations because I was so busy at work, but maybe today I can put on the brakes a little bit and visit!!

So this week is a bit like last week in that I have several projects going on and not one of them finished! LOL The good news is that....I have SEVERAL projects going on! I don't want to jinx anything, but I can remember in the not too far away past, where I was in an art slump and the old noggin was void of creativity. I know we all go through that from time to time, but what's so hard about that phenomena is that I LOVE art and LOVE to create and so when I'm in a slump it makes me really sad because I love sharing with others and bringing a smile to someone's heart that may need it at that moment! So.......for now, the wheels are turning and turning and I'm loving it! LOL

ATC Swaps!

So these are the second set of ATC's that I have up for February! I was honored when someone hit me up on Instagram and asked me if I wanted to be a part of another swap. I was stoked that someone gave a nod to my creativity and wanted me to join in their fun! The first swap group that I am in is every other month, however, this one is monthly, so I hope I honor them back and keep up! LOL It's all good fun and as Valentines Day is this month, it wasn't hard to find a subject! Lately, I have been doing a lot of watercolor projects, but for these cards, I pulled out my Golden High Flow Acrylics. I love, love using them! The colors are so rich and yummy and just a joy to create with. I wish I could afford more of those guys, but the teeny tiny bottles is all this working girl's budget could afford! LOL I also pulled out my heavy gesso and stencils, which I haven't done for some time. It was great fun and will share the fnished cards next week.

Coming up poppies!

The next thing I'll share is my newest page in my altered book journal. As I previously noted, it's not finished, but I at least finished sketching with my dip pen and ink. I LOVE poppies and wanted to add one to my journal. One of my favorite scenes in a movie is when Dorothy, Toto, and her pals are running through the poppy fields to get to Oz!! I always thought that would just have to be the bee's knees to do that! Of course minus the old witchy curmudgeon chanting.....poppies, poppies! LOL  Let's switch the gears and maybe think about running through the poppy fields in Italy to get to a beautiful winery where I will be met with a gorgeous glass of red and bread and cheese board!!!! Sounds soooooo much better doesn't it Auntie Em? LOL

Well the race is still on to find art products! It's gotten to be a joke really, but it does make one say a few not so nice things under their breath! LOL  I did finally go straight to the paint company itself, instead of distributors, to get some paint, and even then, THEY were out of a lot as well! But I was able to get quite a few bottles of paint to restore the bad paint I had on hand. I'm not finished, however...you can NEVER have too much paint! LOL  

Where are all the art products!!!!!!!!!!??????

A couple of you last week and I think a post before asked how I was doing the crosses - was it paint or the diamond art so many are doing. My crosses are paint dotting and so much fun. Hence the mad search for every color under the sun! LOL But I also do canvases and I have other projects in the wings using paint dot art that I also want to do. Again though, supplies have been hard to come by. If anyone has a good retail distributor in mind that carries craft blanks for projects, please do share! It's a burr in my saddle right now that I am having a hard time finding one, save Etsy and they simply love their supplies TOO much because I won't pay the prices they want for their goodies!

My sister is almost through cutting my wood pieces for my upcoming dotting projects and I'm getting excited to start on those and get ahead on Christmas 2021! Here's hoping I get everything done that I want to!! But 2021 sees me up for the challenge!

That's really it for me today crafty friends. Hopefully, more finished projects to show next week! Can't wait to get around to you all today! Cheers for a lovely Wednesday and rest of your week! 

Blessings

22 comments:

  1. Ah dip pens. I know there is a trick to them and I don't seem to have it! Love the ATC backgrounds and not surprised someone saw yours and hit you up to join another group. Lovely. I guess at arty people we all accept that periods of massive creativity will be followed by the occasional slump. What is that old saying? Make hay while the sum shines? Make ART while the muse whispers, I think! LD

    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad that you’re having so much crafty fun Felicia and how fantastic that you were approached to join in the Insta project - it makes a difference when someone really loves what you do! And how lovely to have a sister to supply you with the wooden bases for your dotting work, she’s a keeper.
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to be spotted!? I really like the poppies on the book page - I thought it was a stamp until I read you'd drawn them, they're really wonderful. Hugs definitely in order today, Lisa-Jane #10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you manage to track down more paint at a reasonable price soon Felicia - good idea to go straight to the manufacturer though. Fabulous ATCs and I really look forward to seeing the finished poppy. Stay safe. Sarah #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to have more than one project on the go - or at least in the pipeline! I know all about those slumps though - but nothing to worry about, because we always come back with a vengeance, don't we? Sounds like your wheels are turning indeed, Felicia, and I'm gearing up too for the next few months! Your ATC backgrounds look very promising - I love those high flows too and you know what - those bottles might be small but they go a long way - and they don't dry out! I've had mine since 2015 and they're still going strong! Mind you, I only use them sparingly on small projects - I always cringe when people slosh them around on huge canvases like it was water, LOL! Have fun with all your projects - I hope you can find the blanks you need for your awesome dot paintings! Have a lovely week - I look forward to seeing your finished ATCs next time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ATCs such fun and the poppy sketch already looks wonderful. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#20)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your enthusiasm is infectious - you have such a lot of gorgeous things going on - I love the ATC's, I'm particularly drawn to the darkest one but they are all fabulous. I also love your poppy drawing, it's beautiful - what a talent you have for drawing. Good luck sourcing more paint, can't wait to see more dot work from you!
    Have a good week and stay safe,
    Diana xx #21

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have lots going on! love the poppy. hope you find your craft supplies! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great atc's and how lovely to have your art work acknowledged in that way. I remember when I was asked to join a team running a challenge blog I was 'cock a hoop' but not so a couple of years later when it became my baby and I had to find help for me to run it.
    I love your poppy drawing - in fact it is stunning. I would love to have a garden that was literally a field of poppies. I love seeing the red ones so profusely growing in parts of France and such places. Mind you I have even seen fields of them here in the UK bit not in the north where I am - they are my favourite flower too.
    Good luck with the hunt for paint. I must admit I have not been successful with my journal as yet, not a drop of paint on it - too worried about missing news of our dear friend on woyww. It sort of took over today. So sad.
    Hugs, Neet 6 or thereabouts xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Felicia, the vaccination went well and they were very organised and no queues so very relaxed too. Pleased to see you're Mojo has returned. I'm with you I think once you get going other ideas arrive but for a while from experience it can be difficult to get going again. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x18x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evening! I love the poppy, can't wait til the garden starts flowering with them! I have a few things going on too, only I get distracted easily! At the moment it's cutting out dinosaurs and all my craft knives are blunt! I've only done two and there's six more to do. ATC's are lovely. Stay Safe! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#26
    (last week it was #20 I put the wrong number on your last weeks post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find having more than one crafty thing on the go keeps those creative cogs turning, it's just the lack of time I have to get most of them finished. Good to see those ATC's and the poppy in your altered book looks fab, I do love altering books.
    Wish I could help you with the crafty resources info but being across the pond the shipping tariffs would be sky high. Hope you find what you are looking for.. you can never have too much paint. Sending creative wishes your way Tracey #36 x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh I’m super impressed. I’m a ‘one job at a time gal’ and find myself putting things off if I have multiple things top that should be on the go at one time. Weird huh. Your ATCs are very arty and lovely, what a buzz to be invited! I think last year’s furlough and lockdown is affecting stocks of some things now, I wonder if the lack of paint stock is caused by the massive gap in production that occurred. A lesson in patience that not one single person ever wanted, huh. Your poppy line drawing is amazing. We are different aren’t we..Wizard of Oz has to be on a par with Alice in Wondrland for me, my two least favourite stories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that we crafters have to have more than one craft on the go lol the ATC's are really nice, That drawing is amazing,

    Take care and stay safe

    Lilian b #12

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well your swap partners will be really blessed with your ATCs as they are fab and the drawing is exquisite WOW. Thanks for the visit BJ#18

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Felicia. My goodness - you have been achieving so much this week. Love your poppy picture. I have poppies in my garden - yellow Welsh ones, red ones and orange ones. They seed themselves so easily it's great! Well done on the ATCs - that was a lovely encouragement for you that someone asked you to join their group.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm still working my way around desks. Love your ATCs. Hope you can find your blanks at a good price. Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
    Carol N #29

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great start to the ATC backgrounds, and your Poppy is beautiful. Yes winery would be a lot of fun right about now :) I hope someone can help you with your search for supplies. Enjoy your creative energy, and your weekend ahead ~ Love, Karen#28

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Felicia, you are soooo talented... Your ATCs are stunning. My particular favourite is the one at bottom right. All that fabulous texture... And your beautiful poppy drawing, too. There's something so pleasing about art done on a printed page. What beautiful work you do!

    Thank you for your lovely long comment on my blog! You are always so appreciative, and I really appreciate that you left off commenting until you had time to do it properly and not rushing at it. I never think any comments on my blog are late, because up to 11.59 on Tuesday evening is OK for a WOYWW comment in my book! It's only late when you've been overtaken by the next week! It sounds as if you had your hands full with family, too.

    Thank you for your kind and encouraging words about my latest kitty squares. Everyone seems to love Mr. Siamese cat so I have decided to make friends with him myself! He will take his place on the blanket with the rest, despite his rather fierce look. I'm into single figures with the squares now, and then it will be the next phase. It's a really enjoyable project to do.

    I'm so glad you are continuing to enjoy my various recipes etc. too. You can make a smoothie/smoothie bowl really quickly if you prep the ingredients and put them in the fridge the night before - then all you have to do for breakfast is bung them in the Vitamix and you're done. I made another berry one this morning, which again came out looking like chocolate pudding because I added some kale and spinach! It was delicious - and enough for tomorrow too.

    I've been having online groceries for many years now. It took me a while to be brave enough to start, for the same reasons you give. I thought they wouldn't choose what I would choose, or that they would give me bad fruit etc. but generally speaking it's absolutely fine - apparently they are told to take stock from the back of the shelf (newest arrivals) and if there is any problem, they will always either take it back (if you discover it while the driver is still there) or give you a refund if you phone up. I have my favourite delivery drivers and we have a good laugh and a chat. They are always so helpful, bringing everything in for me and unloading the boxes - they even remember where I want things put, which is impressive given how many different people they deliver to. Years ago in our old house, one of our kitties had just been killed on the road and I was carrying her little body back home when the Tesco delivery arrived. The driver was kindness itself - he could see I was in shock and utterly devastated - he offered to make me a cup of tea and stay with me till my hubby came home!! Later, when I was able to speak about it without bursting into tears, I rang Tesco to thank them, and told them how kind he had been.

    (Had to stop this comment here because they wouldn't post it all - too long haha! See part 2 below...)

    Shoshi x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Part 2: Our little garden is lovely, isn't it. My hubby does it. He makes it all look gorgeous in the spring and summer. The little patio outside Mum's flat is just out of shot at the bottom of the picture, at the bottom of the grassy bank, and it's a real sun trap. Last summer it was just full of flowers and we both spent a lot of time out there under our pretty umbrella in the sunshine with the kitties during the lockdown. The daffodils are starting to come up now. Come the spring, the bank will be full of primroses. No, there's no "she-shed" (lovely phrase!!) - we keep the garden chairs and the mower in the summer house (with the shells on the roof). The larger building on the right is my hubby's massive man cave which was built when we moved. It was made big enough to put both the car and his boat in it, neither of which have ever been in there lol! It's huge, but even so, every now and again he complains it's full of wheelchairs and buggies! (My hubby is a great exaggerator.)

    We are both getting on fine, thanks - my hubby is doing very well on the whole-foods and I am not suffering anything untoward apart from my usual chronic issues which really are nothing to complain about, compared with some. I am devastated about poor Shaz - we shared the same initial journey with colorectal cancer, and for the two of us it has come to two very, very different conclusions. I pray for strength and comfort for them both and for their family, and especially that they will come to know the Lord Jesus while there is still time. That's more important than anything else, isn't it.

    May the Lord bless you, and have a great week.
    Shoshi x #25

    PS The blender saga goes on. I'll write it up next week but they are still trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities and drip feeding me things they think will make everything OK, which it isn't. Once it's all over, I shall tell them I have got a Vitamix!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on having all those projects going on. Your poppy is lovely. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the look of your ATCs! And the poppy drawing - I too love p[oppies!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Update on here in Victoria – we are in a snap lockdown again – hopefully only for a few days – but 5k limit, no visitors or gatherings, only leave the house for the 4 special reasons, only essential shops open…
    And the rainbow lorikeets are eating our peaches!
    Susan #22
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


    ReplyDelete