Wednesday, January 31, 2018

WOYWW #452

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! I don't know about anywhere else in the world, BUT...it's frosty here! Brrrhhhhh! Particularly for the South! It was 28 degrees this morning and let me tell you, that made this girl happy because that means I got to put on my treasured leather coat that was my father's. I had always loved that coat and when he passed away, my sisters made sure I got it! It's from the old school and it is VERY warm. They don't make clothing (or anything for that matter) like they used to. They used to last,  hence why it's still around, but today, it's all about greed and how much money can be made. I better stop, or I will get on my soap box! Anywho.....isn't nice to have something like that to treasure? What about you? Do you have a favorite something from a past loved one? Those are God's little blessings for you! Isn't He just the best?

So, today is WOYWW! Hurray!! Because last week....it was a "no show" for me! I have been extremely busy of late! This is big convention time for my elected officials. I do all the coordinating for those conventions, so it's all deadlines and building conference packages! I love it, but it's time consuming! So, if you are able to play along this week, go on over to Julia's blog Stamping Ground and check out the fun! You won't be sorry!

This week I will show you what's on my desk that I promised I would show two WOYWW''s ago! And dunt dunt duhhhhhhhh........
Helloooooo mama!!! LOLOL If you could have been in my presence when this package came in, you would have exited the building!!! LOLI have been lusting (I know, I know) after these guys for some time. I have some student grade watercolor paints that aren't bad, but after much research and lots of book reading from professionals, they convinced me that its important to really have professional grade to learn the true craft with! Soooooo, OF COURSE, I HAD to have them! LOL Thank you Santa Clause! LOLOL

So,these guys are just stinking gorgeous! I've been working on the swatch card that came with the set. At the time of this writing, I am now finished with it and I tell you, it's so handy to have that in your kit to refer to while painting! I have already started on some new bookmark ideas and below I have already started on a small painting.
In this picture, you can see that all I have done thus far is sketched out my "little birdie" scene (you'd have to zoom in to really see it, sorry) with that FABULOUS Pentel Graph Gear mechanical pencil that Santa brought me, but the next step will be to use my Tachikawa dip pen that you see above it to further sketch my "little birdie." I keep my nibs in that cute little Altoid tin you see there and OF COURSE there are my new GORGEOUS Schmincke paints at the wait!

Above my dip pen, can you see those cute little whales? They are dip pen and paint brush rest/holders! Aren't they the cutest! They are so great to have so that I don't have my dip pen or paint brush rolling around and getting product everywhere! That's important because I LOVE sticking my arm in things! LOLOL Also you will see two of my inks in cute little jars and next to them two "shading" pen packs from Faber Castell. The last thing to the right is one of my favorite coffee mugs from my "bestie" that says "Don't forget to be AWESOME!" I love having that to encourage me as I craft......and, of course....the fabulous coffee inside that mug helps! LOLOL

Well that is truly what is on my desk as of this morning! Trouble is......I CAN'T WAIT to get home to finish the said piece!! Ohhhhh to be a full time artist!!! Good on those of you who can do the thing you love most ALLLLLL DAYYYY!!! For now, mama's got to bring home the bacon! LOL That being said, I am a TRULY BLESSED WOMAN to have a Father in Heaven who provides for me with my wonderful job and because He knows the desires in my heart, provides that I may enjoy the gift that He placed on the inside of me! Thank you Father God! :)

Well I hope you all have a FANTABULOUS Wednesday and rest of the week! I am going to try to get around to as many of your desks today that I can and see what you have been up to!

Blessings

34 comments:

  1. Well, it's a great to see you back! Those watercolours are just gorgeous, I wouldn't have been able to resist jumping in either. Have fun with them!
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! Aren't they though! They are even more gorgeous in person and BEAUTIFUL on paper! :) Thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  2. Wonderful assortment of colors in that set! No wonder you were so excited!! It is sad that things are not made the way they used to be. Glad it was cold enough to enjoy and be able to wear your Dad's coat.
    Have a great day!! ~Sandy from Texas #31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandy, this set has a great assortment, which is why I really wanted it! It only has 24, so of course I could have gone the extra and gotten 36 or 48....WOW.....but for now, this will do! Who knows what tomorrow will bring! LOL Yes, my dad's coat is so comfy! Folks here don't much like the cold, but coming from the north, I love it! Thank you for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  3. Hi Felicia, so glad you're getting to wear your treasured coat; fabulous memories. Lovely art stuff, Santa certainly knows you well lol. Look forward to seeing the finished birdie. Good luck with all the convention organising. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, it sure is some great memories! Loved ones stay in our heart, but its always nice to feel like you have "piece" of them to carry on with you! :) That good old Santa had my FULL list this year! And he certainly did me up right! LOLOL I will sure be posting my finished "birdie!" And thank you for the well wishes with the convention! I NEEEEEED it! :) Thanks for stopping in and blessings! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely watercolours, I bet it is killing you to get home and play with those. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a lovely woyww and happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES IT IS Angela!! LOLOL I could stay in my art closet all day with those guys! Thanks for coming by! Blessings to you and your week! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi there! Those water colours look great, bet you are loving them. Had to laugh about the putting your elbow in the product - that is so me! One random bit of glue or paint and I find it! Thanks for stopping by, happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Cindy, I am! It was a wish come true! :) I totally know what you mean about the elbow....lolol, I can find the smallest "blob" as well! LOL If it's not on the elbow, its down the front of me! Oh boy!!!!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Blessings to you and the rest of your week!: )

      Delete
  6. I smile the whole time I read a post by you, Felicia!! Your joy the Father has put in you shines forth and blesses me immeasurably!! I can hardly wait to see your painted picture. I know it will be beautiful!!!! God Bless You, Friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, my friend, are always full of love and encouragement when you drop by! It makes it ALL worth the while!! Thank you from my heart Wanda! :) I hope to finish up that piece and post soon! God bless you right back! :) hugs!!!

      Delete
  7. I loved reading your post. It was so upbeat and full of joy. I feel your pain having to work, but I have a couple days off coming up so going to create create create! 😃 Karen#36

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss K!!! I hope that I present joy because there is really no other way to be, right? We all have bad days, but I hope my joyful days outweigh those! As long as my Father in Heaven resides in my heart, I aim for Him to gush right on out! LOL Here's to you days off that are coming up!! You just craft away and show us all your wonderful goodness! :) Thanks so much for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  8. You have given me an idea! Bet my rests for the chopsticks work for my pens. Have you seen the pen advertised that is made of glass and is just like a bulb with a point on the end? Looks cool.
    Hope you have had a play with those cool watercolours by now.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neet, that is a BIG YES!! As a matter of fact, if you were to Google it, many, many use their chopstick holders for that!! And they are actually sold as such as well! Hey, I have seen that pen and it looks FABULOUS Neet! Really nifty! I'm running home after work (after a gym date...hee hee) to do just that! I'll be playing till I can't hold the eyelids open! LOL Thanks for stopping in! Blessings!

      Delete
  9. I was doing some tidying up last week (yes I know, ME!) and found some watercolour paints I'd forgotten all about! might even use them one day. Thanks for the visit. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny Helen! Yes ma'am!! You pull out those watercolors and show us what you got! I know it would be some lovely crafty goodness! Thanks for stopping in Helen and many blessings! :)

      Delete
  10. Evening Felicia. Well, I think you may - just may - be a little excited at the gift before you!!! You are all set up, so hope you have the opportunity to play when you are home. How true that we have such an amazing Father God whose name is also Our provider! I have known that provision for many years now, and it still amazes and blesses me.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are right Margaret! Look, it doesn't take much to get me all excited......especially when we are talking art products! LOLOL So agree with your words Margaret! He constantly amazes me AND blesses me! I feel so honored to call Him Father and be His child! Thank you so much for stopping in and many blessings for the rest of your week! :)

      Delete
  11. I love your excitement, and can't wait to see your little bird all finished! The little whale pen holders are very cute (I was thinking that Chopstick rests would work as well!. As a former 8-hour workday person who used to relish her days off to spend in her stamping room, now that I have all the time in the world, I just can't seem to get in there! Don't ask me why. . . Have a great week! Lindart #34

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I'm always excited about gorgeous product! I can't wait to see how that little birdie turns out and hope to share soon! Yes, aren't those little whales cute! To be honest, the chopstick holders is probably where someone got the idea, right? I love them though! You better find time to have to yourself in that glorious room! You deserve it, if for nothing else, your sanity! LOL There's nothing like alone time...."arty" alone time to boot! LOL Thank you for stopping in and blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  12. You make me laugh and giggle sweet lady! Felicia, your joyful positiveness is truly inspiring!
    Santa was good to you and oh my gosh!I so can't wait to see what beautiful art works you create with these!! Have fun girlie girl!!
    Sending big huge hugs and lotsa love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I brought a giggle....I'd rather a giggle than a cry! LOLOL Thank you as ALWAYS my sweet friend for your amazing encouragement and sweet words! You always bring a smile!!! :) Yea, I believe Santa was extra special to me this year......it may determine next years outcome....LOLOL I'm blessed to be sure! I can't wait to bust out some projects as well Jackie. I hope to share them all.....I'm sure some will be in the oops bin! LOL Hugs right back to you my friend! :) xo

      Delete
  13. What a gorgeous paint box, Felicia. Glad to hear you've been nice and busy but it's great that you are back. Thank you for your sweet comment - kitties are endlessly entertaining, aren't they. Ours have turned into teenage hooligans these days and I do miss them being tiny and innocent lol! Thank you for your good wishes re my operation and I really hope they send us a date soon. As long as I've got time to finish my mystery project before I go in, but I don't think that's very likely.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Shoshi!!!!! Its as gorgeous as it looks too! I researched for awhile before I made that decision, but I'm glad I did! They are amazing paints! I look to hear how well everything turns out with your health sweet lady! I, for one, will be lifting you up in prayer! Thanks for stopping by and lots of love to those feline pals!!! Blessings

      Delete
  14. Thanks for visiting. Feeling back to normal. At least in your comment box, the text is easy to see. Enjoy your treasure and stay warm. The weather this year is already a challenge and in a month will no doubt sore into the 80s and onward for many months. Enjoy your new paints and be sure to post your work.
    Monica #33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad things are coming back around Monica!!! We identify EVERYTHING with eyesight, so I'm glad on that score! I don't even want to think about the 80's!! Yuck! LOL Thanks for stopping by and I'll be posting my fun for sure! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  15. Looks like you are all equipped to xo some serious drawing and painting, Felicia, enjoy!!! Happy belated WOYWW Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha Vicky! I'm stoked for sure! Thank you so much for stopping in! Blessings for the rest of your week! :)

      Delete
  16. What a beautiful set of watercolours and it fell into the right hands to be appreciated! Were you a bit apprehensive when you first went in with a wet brush? I know for sure I would have been LOL - even though that's what they are for! You'll create such amazing art with these Felicia, I know you will! Show us next time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I completely get your excitement, and rightly so, they look lovely. Bet the colour chart itself was a bit like creating art! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the little whales, thought they were hedgehogs at first LOL. Thanks for the visit BJ#19

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun, Felicia, new treasures to create with, provided by our dear Father God... hope you’ve explored the potential in part by now!
    Thanks for sharing and for popping over too!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete