Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WOYWW #377

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! :) What a wonderful day it is today in spite of WHATEVER may be happening in the world today or what may be going on around you!! Did you know that YOU could change the atmosphere around you! The enemy of this world HAS to bend his knee to the praises of God's people!!! He CANNOT stand amidst such glory! God's Word says, "And so it was, WHENEVER the Spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would BECOME refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would DEPART from him." 1 Samuel 16:23 I find it quite ironic and amazing that God uses the VERY THING that the enemy of this world used to use for God, against him!! Satan used to be the most beautiful angel of worship in Heaven before his fall! Now God uses the praises of His saints as the very tool to shut him down!! Don't we have an AMAZING Father in Heaven?

So what's on my work desk?  Mainly a mess......not too much different from any week..hee hee, but also I will give you a snippet of my journal pages that I am finishing up as a part of the Pick a Stick Challenge over on the Facebook Group of the same name! I am usually finished by now, but hey, my right as a female is to drag things on and on and on......hee hee I also have to finish the ATC's that go along with that challenge, but they are out of shot of this photo!

I've just about got this puppy done, with the exception of a few last minute touches! I have SOOOO enjoyed doing these challenges because they TOTALLY make me stretch. You have to follow the draw of the sticks and sometimes it really makes you scratch your head....hee hee, but then it always seems to follow through! I need to stretch a little, maybe it will help get off those extra 5 plus pounds I have put on lately! LOLOLOL

The paints directly to the top, right are new ones that I bought that I went on a mad search for! I couldn't find them for a bit, but finally happened upon them. Carole Martine, whom I follow on Google+ and on YouTube has used these paints on many of her projects and I finally asked her what they were and she very sweetly shared with me! Carol has such a calm presence as she arts and I love her style and clean art! You should check her out! I love the paints, by the way! LOLOL

The mess to the top left is just that, A MESS, it is pieces of book page and emphemera and some finished ATC's and stencils, all just thrown in a heap! One day, I will learn to put stuff away instead of just pushing it around my desk.....it's really annoying, so one would think I would figure that out! LOLOL I KNOW none of you have that problem though! LOLOL

So that's really it for me today folks. I am finishing up a few other challenges, that I hope to post this week and still trying to get some swaps in the mail.....again with the procrastination! LOLOL I hope your Wednesday finds you full of creativity! :)

If you can't find your own praise today, you may want to take a look at this video from Steffany Frizzell Gretzinger, it will surely help you on your way! :)Let the EVERY breath you have praise God today and change your very atmosphere!

Blessings

23 comments:

  1. That journal is so deliciously full, Felicia! I take it, you're not ready yet to unveil that page yet. Hope to catch it later. What I can see of it looks very mouthwatering! I can imagine the appeal of the pick a stick challenge - I've been meaning to take part, but I can't even keep up with my classes. Too much inspiration out there! Have a wonderful week filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeewwwhhh, I know, right? I don't know what I will do when its done!!! Eeeek! I definitely will finish out the cover in some sort of way, but it will be a misty eyed kind of thing because I have some memories in those pages that I have crafted and it reminds me of how fast time passes! But, as I have blogged before, I want to acquire that square journal that Dyan has out and then I can begin a new journey! :) I hope to do the reveal on the spread tomorrow...I wasn't quite finished! hee hee I know what you mean about keeping up though...sometimes I wonder if I am coming or going, but then realize how much fun I am having! LOL You have a great week to my friend! :)

      Delete
  2. I excited to see the full reveal of your journal. What will you do with it when it's complete?
    Hugs,
    Chris #26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the stop in Chris and hope to reveal tomorrow! :) I want to get Dyan's square journal next go around and try something a bit different. I hope to finish out the cover on this journal when I am through and have it for my girlies to remember old mom by one day! LOLOL Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  3. Love your words of encouragement! And fab looking journal! Thanks for the visit and God bless you!
    Carol N #29

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol! God bless you right back! :) Blessings

      Delete
  4. I'm currently lurking in the PASC but I adore all the art work I've seen in the group so far. Can't wait to see your finished page. X Sarah #30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, do come join us! I love seeing all the other art work as well! Lots and lots of talented ladies! :) Thanks for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your finished pages - love what I can see so far in that tantalising glimpse! Hope you have a great week, and thanks so much for stopping by earlier,
    Diana #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana and thank you so much for stopping in!! Here's hoping your week is blessed!!

      Delete
  6. Oh Felicia... I do believe we are ART SISTERS!!! Yup... just keep pushing it away until it starts to fall onto the floor... I had hubby build me two almost 8ft tables AND a 10ft counter for messy work and last night I could not even find six inches to work on! SERIOUSLY! Grin Thanks you for links to Pick a Stick... It is on my "arty bucket list" every month and every month I miss it - so maybe with your inspiration I will actually get there this month. Your art journal is making me drool... the painty, inky FATNESS of it.. Swooning! and 5lbs?? seriously, you are worried about 5lbs? I gained 15 lbs between February and July (MENOPAUSE SUCKS!) But I have already lost two... whoo hoo... maybe if you lose 1/4 of a pound per week and I lose 2lbs per week we can be back to our pre-summer weight at the same time Grin. Thanks for the visit and lovely comment earlier... and Happy WOYWW from Scrapbook Lynne #37

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne, you are a hoot!!! I don't have that much space, but I ASSURE YOU, that if I did, it would be just like your situation! What is that????? LOL Yes, come join our challenge, it is fun!! Very challenging at times, but that's the fun!! LOL Yes, I would have to agree on some levels, that menopause sucked, but then on a whole other level, I am so glad I am done and over with some of that funny business we, as ladies, have to go through! I might have fudged a little on the lbs situation......it could be more....hee hee! I'm with you on the 1/4 pnd per week! LOL Thanks for stopping in and the giggles! Make it a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. Brilliant journal, I just want to flip through those gorgeous pages. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela and you have a wonderful weekend! :) Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  8. Look and sounds like you have enjoyed your journal, it looking really good. Its wonderful to accomplish a task isn't it
    Have a lovely week.
    Lynn 13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn, it is really good. For me, that means a "new" journey!!! Thanks for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you need a bits and bobs tin for your stuff too. ATCs make good cards with a bit of backing paper. Journal looks cool too. And yes, when I am feeling down I need to play my harp like David did! Good bless and Thanks for visiting me BJ#24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS, I do need a bits and bobs tin!!! I actually have a jar, but it is full from the looks of my desk!! LOLOL I never think about using the ATC's for cards....THANKS for that GREAT tid bit! Silly me! I'm always trying to remind myself of God's Word and how it applies to my life...I NEED IT!! God bless you as well and have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  10. It might be a mess but it's a happy crafting mess and we all love those! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely looking journal, Felicia - my fingers are itching to pick it up and turn the pages - it looks so tactile and interesting! I loved reading your first paragraph, and you are absolutely right. I think of King Jehoshaphat sending the singers into the front line of battle, and defeating the enemy with the praise of God!

    Thank you for your lovely comment, so full of enthusiasm as always! I had such a great time with my friend yesterday - we met only recently on the post-cancer course and have a lot in common and the time simply flew by. Unfortunately her severe arthritis in her hands prevents her from being creative now, but she so appreciated the tour of my studio and seeing my different pieces of work, and knew from experience how much had gone into each one. We pigged out on gorgeous cakes!! I'll be posting pics of the tea.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to hear your friend is experience some difficulty right now, but I hope she will be able to visit again when the two of you can really get down and dirt in the crafting! I, of course, will be TOTALLY jealous of the "tea" pictures! But happy your both were able to meet and begin a friendship as you went through and CAME OUT of that experience! Blessings for continued recovery Shoshi! :) Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  12. Happy Very Belated WOYWW. I am sitting down for a while and catching up with blog commenting, despite telling myself I was going to do something very different. Yes, I am brilliant at procrastinating too! As usual, I have so many things to do - but do not feel like doing much at all. Love your journal - looks like it has taken some while to complete. Ali x #12

    ReplyDelete