Wednesday, June 16, 2021

WOYWW #628

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends!!!! Life has marched on around to another Wednesday to share what we are working on!!  It has been a whirlwind, literally, over in my neck of the woods!! We have had the craziest weather!! Lots of rain, well needed I might add, but along with that rain has been some major storms.  One even brought a small tornado close to my home. It was a quick touchdown with no damage, but a whirlwind it brought!! But it lit a fire under me to get things done on my desk to share over on Julia's Stamping Ground blog.  Hopefully, you haven't had the same incentive as I have, LOL, but are able to come over and share with us what's on your work desk!! LOL

So as I said, It has been a whirlwind on my desk but I got both sets of my swap ATC's done and in the mail.  It was nothing short of a miracle! Both sets were due yesterday in different state locations, but they both skidded in on the ninth hour yesterday at both locations!!!  Miracles do still exist!! LOLOL I had the art gods on my side I tell you!! 

ATC's for CW Crafts Swap Group

ATC's for Amy's Art Alchemy International Swap Group

Neither group has a theme, which is good because oftentimes I think it restricts my creative thinking when I have to sweat a "theme!"  It's a catch 22 really because sometimes a theme takes the pressure off of thinking about what you have to do, so who knows really!!! LOL  But I'm a rebel at heart, so I'll go with the first thought! LOLOL  In both cases, however, I was trying to go with some sort of summer thought process so hopefully, it comes across to the recipient!!

Speaking of ATC's, I hope all of you over the pond folks have received my 12th Anniversary Swaps by now.  If not, blame it on our lovely postal service!!  I don't know if you have it any better over there, but it's a nightmare over here.  To be truthful it was a nightmare BEFORE Covid, so they can't use that blasted outbreak on their poor services!! LOL 

So what is truly on my desk as of last night?  Well, I am finally playing catch up with some of the projects I had tabled to do "life" things! My blasted life just simply gets in my ALL the time! LOLOL  My Abby had been wanting a Sugar Skull and I had started it a couple of months ago, but now it's time to finish it for that sweet patient girl!  So here's a peek at the midpoint.  I hope to finish it this weekend and be able to show you the final product next week.  She's so excited to be putting it on her wall.  She's like her mama.....very eclectic tastes! LOL
Skull in the process! He's coming along!

This skull is part of the group of pieces that my sister cut out for me several months ago.  You may remember I posted about them.  I only had her do about four of these guys, so I hope to do one along here and there.  I have been having fun doing this guy and really making it up and changing things as I go along. I did have a skull I found online that I used as a guide, but putting my own twist to it. I think the hardest part about these guys is getting the pattern on the skull. I have to draw it on paper first and then transfer it to the painted wood with a white charcoal pencil and then I can do my dot painting over it.  The good thing is the charcoal wipes off with water, which came in handy because the first time I transferred it onto the wood, IT WAS CROOKED!!! Lol Ever the perfectionist, I wiped it off and started over!!! LOL  It's still a little crooked, but it all has come together!

Speaking of my Abby, she struck again last week! She has a habit of showing up at my workplace flowers in hand!! She CONSTANTLY knows how to brighten my day! It's like she has a sixth sense because she always seems to show up when I am stressed and need a little love! LOL  Right now I am amidst planning a huge reception for our Mayor who will not be running in this year's election. He has decided to retire after three terms! He was on our Council before that, so he has been around for awhile! He will be missed. Along with that, I am planning for our big annual convention at the end of summer as well, so it's been crazy lately at work! So a little love from my baby girl is always welcome!
Abby strikes again! xo

Well my friends, here's hoping that everyone is enjoying their summer and it's not as hot as it is here in Georgia!  Our air condition went down in my home a couple of weeks ago and my landlord didn't see fit to fix it for about three days!! Let me tell you, summer heat and humidity in a home without air condition is the worst!! When I say that it's a blessing, that's an understatement!!! Cheers to you all and have a great Wednesday and blessed rest of your week!! Didn't get around to ANYONE last week, so making that a priority this week!

Blessings


13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the gorgeous ATC, postcard and beautifully decorated envelope which arrived this morning! I’d never hear of Dublin, Georgia before I met you so I looked it up on Google earth, I do love a good map and my knowledge of American geography has really improved since meeting the deskers! You deserve those flowers, good girl, you’ve obviously raised them well. The sugar skulls are amazing, I was interested to read how you transferred the design - it’s a very old technique, it used to be called pouncing and was done with charcoal. Amazing to think we’re still doing these techniques today.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your lovely city on Jan's blog this morning. So glad you were able to find a postcard from where you live. You make beautiful ATCs. I loved them all. They are really clever and so unique, too.

    I was in awe of your sugar skull. It was good to read what Jan wrote about the process you are using, too.

    Your daughter is amazing. It shows you raised her right. You must have a very important job in your city, too.

    It's hotter than Hades here, too. I can live without heat, but not AC. If my AC went down, I'd be calling someone right away. I guess that's what happens when you are your own landlord (grin). I hope you let your landlord know how miserable it was without it. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ATCs are simply fabulous. I am very taken with the top row middle of the second set - that image slays me - so cool. The sugar skull is amazing too - I once crocheted (NOT my best needle art) a whole gaggle of them to festoon The Hubster's chili cook-off booth. It was...challenging, but fun and well received at the event.

    What a morning, but I'm here now… HAPPY WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is lovely, I am so glad I have a lovely daughter too. It certainly has been very warm here today. Happy WOYWW Angela #18

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have air con in houses here in the UK - although with the climate change that may have to happen in future! it is hot and humid here this week - just waiting for the rain to hit (due any time and all day tomorrow....) Have a good week - love your sets of atcs for your swaps. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely daughter you have - and with the sixth sense too.
    Great atc's you have made and thank you for the one you sent to me. It is on myk blog today as you have no doubt seen. Love the card and postcard too.
    How exciting for you planning the celebrations. I'd love to do that.
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done getting your ATC's finished on time Felicia, I always think I work better under pressure. Nice to see the sugar skull back out and hopefully near completion excited about seeing it next week now, I love eclectic.. my walls are full of allsorts of things.
    How lovely that Abby brought you flowers makes me miss my little girl even more, i've not seen her since October.. enjoy those special times.
    Happy WoywW stay safe Hugs Tracey #9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ATCs look amazing Felicia - well done for hitting the deadline. That sugar skull is looking fab too - can't wait to see the finished piece. Glad there was no damage in the extreme weather too! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow the sugar skull is fabulous, I love the bright colours against the black, quite stunning. Your ATC's are also gorgeous, it's lovely to have a free hand sometimes and not be tied to a theme. What a wonderful daughter you have, so thoughtful and such beautiful flowers.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Felicia, doing my best to get round everyone but it's been a busy week. Loving the ATCs and the skull, great work. Surprise flowers.....well done Abby! Happy belated woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those ATCS are fabulous and I am looking forward to progress on the skull!

    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #12

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Felicia, I wasn't on WOYWW this week, but just popping in to let you know that I have received your AMAZING ATC's, along with your lovely little note! Thank you so much! All your ATC's are just marvellous and all different! I tend to do them all the same when I mass produce them, but you've made them all individual! The sugar skull looks great too - Abby will love it, for sure. What a precocious daughter she is showing up at your workplace with flowers! Would bring tears to my eyes for sure. I should return next week to show off my happy mail! Have a lovely week - you do sound incredibly busy though! I used to work in event organisation for a while back in Hungary (one of them took place in the Parliament building with a Secretary of State invited as speaker!) - I know how stressful they can be - you feel responsible for the event going well, even though most of it is beyond your control! Once we had heavy snow and the key speaker was held up on the way - it was a total nightmare! I trust your events will all go according to plan! No threat of snow at least! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sound mega busy, Felicia, and what a gem of a daughter your Abby is! What a cute photo of her "hiding" behind the big bunch of flowers!

    Happy belated WOYWW and God bless,
    Shoshi x #8

    ReplyDelete