Wednesday, November 8, 2017

WOYWW #440

Happy Wednesday all my crafty friends! It's time for another WOYWW over with Julia on Stamping Ground! Join in with us artsy folks if you'd like...the more the merrier, I'd say! 

I'm late in the game today my friends. I was out yesterday with my youngest with strep throat! Aren't our babies pitiful when they are sick? As a toddler, she had many a trouble with sinus infection and chest congestion until about three or four. It was mom's nightmare with every month in the doctor's office and antibiotics constantly. And then is just like that, she grew out of it! It was a blessing for us both! Every now and again, and she's thirteen now, she'll get a little something, but I'm happier with that all day long as opposed to what it used to be!! So I was out with her yesterday, so today, I'm playing catch up! Hope I will get around to see everyone's goodies!

So this was my desk yesterday afternoon and into the evening as I was home with my gal and was able to play in my art room for hours! I felt like a kid in a candy store and didn't know what to do with myself......at my child's expense to be sure, but I was still in hog heaven! LOLOL
So really what you are seeing here is a big mess! LOL But it's all in good faith that in the end, it will be my entry for the November Pick A Stick Challenge with the great gals over on the Facebook Group with the same name! If you want to join in on this challenge, check it out this months video and play along! 
The challenge is to create your art journal page going through the steps in complete order. You can do things in between, but the steps (or sticks pulled) for you to create, are to be in order. To be honest, I usually have fudge in at least one of the creative steps due to either not having supply or not knowing how to do?? LOL I realize, of course, that I am not in compliance! LOLOL This month was no exception!!! Right of the bat with #2, we had to add sewing or embroidery??????? I DON'T SEW...AT ALL!!! LOL So I pulled fibers from a burlap ribbon that I had and "glued" them down!! They look sewn, don't they??? LOL Yea, right!!!

So based on the "stick pulls" above, I had cut out circles from a magazine and circles from a newspaper to use. I had gesso'd my page first and then glued the fibers down. I had a chipboard key in my stash that I heat embossed with Wendy Vecchi's Watering Can. I put it on the page and then put heavy gesso through Tim Holtz's harlequin stencil to give the texture and it doubled for the diamonds in #7. I then picked the key back up (didn't say I couldn't pick it back up...hee hee) and added the newspaper circles over top
of the magazine cut out circles.

I loved #6 because the stamp set that I used I absolutely love! I got that stamp set on Ebay, which I searched for for some time before I could find it! I also got it for next to nothing! I had seen one of my fave's Rachel use them back in 2015 on a Christmas Card series she had done and I fell in love. At that time, they were discontinued, so initially I was sad, but then went on a mad hunt to find them!! And I did....woop, woop! I love them and use them often! Its a score for me because I never find anything! LOL 

I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang spray through the Tim Holtz stencil again to add some color and more diamonds. I also had some Grunge Board Letters from Tim Holtz and I painted an "A" to fulfill #9 and then I opted for the wild card stick to use the pipette to apply color to the fibers instead of doing #10. I added a pocket with some more diamonds and bling and voila!
It was fun and hopefully a kickoff to get me started back into the swing of doing my monthly challenges! I probably won't get to visit all of your pages until tomorrow, but I'll get there none the less!! Happy Wednesday to you guys! :)

Blessings

21 comments:

  1. Wow Felicia! I love your use of this months list. Now i want to try to do a new page using this month's challenge too
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rose!! Go on over and get in the challenge! It's always fun and most the time a HUGE challenge....for me anyway! LOLOL Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Felicia. Goodness - what a challenge - but I love the finished piece. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margaret....it's always a bit of a challenge..that I usually take liberties with...hee hee! Kudos to the ones who are to the letter! LOL Thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  3. Hi Felicia, well done. Hope your daughter is feeling better soon. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah....thanks as always for stopping in and leaving such sweet comments! My daughter is getting there. It's running around the school right now, so I hope it doesn't come back around to her after she gets better! LOLOL Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  4. Love that challenge - I saw a you-tube video from someone doing this. happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I'm not savvy enough to do a video! LOL Maybe one day! :) You ought to give it a go, we have fun! Thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  5. That's a great challenge though I do love the way you've liberally interpreted 'sewing' :-D. I think the end result looks brilliant!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha, right Jan? Thanks for your lovely comment! And thanks for stopping by! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  6. Hi Felicia, I'm late at the visiting, entertaining friends yesterday but here now. Happy creative belated woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela!! I know how you feel, its been a crazy week for me as well! I STILL haven't gotten around to everyone! LOL Have a great weekend! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fun challenge and I love the end result - it's really fab. Hope your daughter is feeling better soon,
    Diana x #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun challenge Diana! You don't need to be challenged, however, you ALWAYS have something great creativity to show! Your brain MUST be a plethora of ideas! :) Thanks for stopping by and blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  8. What fun!! I think you do fabulous at these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better stop!! I'm trying to keep up with your AMAZING card creativity!! LOL Thank you so much my sweet, sweet friend! I hope you are well up there in brrrrrhhhh Iowa! LOL Blessings and hugs to you! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm terribly late for WOYWW, Felicia, but here I am! Oh, how I missed your lingo! Remember I used to collect your colloquialisms and American slang expressions? Here's my newest addition to Felicia's Slang Dictionary: definition of fudge - something that is fudged; especially a bending of rules or a compromise. Brilliant! I had to look it up LOL! A super journal page and who is to say you can't cheat a little? The mixed-media police will not come knocking on your door LOL! Well done for tackling both challenges this month and you didn't even skid in at the 11th hour LOL (which was also one of your signature expressions if I remember correctly!) Have fun my American friend over the pond! You sure have brightened my day! :)) Hope your little girl feels better soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOLOL!!! I have the biggest grin and tears in my eyes!! You crack me up Zsuzsa!!! Hey....I may be famous one day!! :) A little "slang" never hurt anyone! LOLOLOL I love to laugh and you keep a grin on my face.....you certainly made my Friday afternoon! I know some of those mixed media folks are hard core...hee hee, but I bet Shel, Peg and Sheri will let it slide! LOL Thanks AS ALWAYS for your encouragement! I hope I am back on the "art wagon" girl! It has felt so good being back in my art closet! That's where my heart is! And yea, kuddos to me for NO skid marks this month! Too right! LOL Thanks on your sweet thoughts for my baby girl! She still sounds bad, but she says she feels a whole lot better! I hope you guys all stay well this season!! Hugs to you my friend! :)

      Delete
  10. PS. I also like Rachel's videos - I used to watch them all the time - thanks for putting her back on my radar! That is indeed a great stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a FUN challenge. I've saved the image. I can't participate in any challenges right now but this might be fun for me to play with on my own time to see if I'd want to later on. Your piece is fabulous! Creative Blessings! Kelly 330

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you so much Kelly! Come on over when you can! It's monthly, so plenty of time to participate! I don't get in every month either, but I am working at getting back to that point! THanks for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete