Wednesday, May 12, 2021

WOYWW #623

What's up all my crafty friends?????? It's our glorious hump day over on Julia's Stamping Ground blog where we share with one another what is happing on on our crafty desks!! Come on over and share and visit some pretty crafty folks! :)

So, once again, I was MIA last week. It was another busy week here in my neck of the woods. It seems as our numbers have continued to go down on the COVID front, the flood gates have opened and people are coming out of the woodwork and it has been crazy busy EVERYWHERE!! I know many of you have STILL not seen a release, so I am not gloating by any means, but I just hope that people don't get so excited that they let their guard down and we end up right back in the same mess! I had my second jab last week amidst the work chaos and thankfully I did not get sick!! I had heard horror stories about the second one, but I was blessed to be sure!  I did however have what felt like an arm made of a concrete block! LOLOL  It hurt so bad that even my shirt touching it brought a wince to my face!!  Thankfully it's all over and I don't have to think about those blasted things anymore.......unless they come up with something else!!! Let's hope that DOESN'T HAPPEN!!!!! LOLOL  I truly hope that everyone has come out well after ALL your shots!!!

So what's happening on my desk?  The beginning stages of my gift for my nephew and niece's wedding that is on THIS WEEKEND!! LOL Yes, you heard that right...beginning stages and this weekend!! So guess who is running around like a chicken with their head cut off?  LOL  Now to be fair, this gift came as rather an epiphany on Monday. The shower we have been planning, which is why crafting has been at a halt, is Saturday and it is going to be a gift card shower. So pretty easy right.....no crafting involved. But brilliant me just had to have a little "light bulb" moment and think to myself, "wouldn't it be cool to have a way to present the gift cards!?" Well, I'm NOT going to buy anything when I can make it right? In comes the project! I know...why do we do these things to ourselves??? 

Beginning stages of card holder

So this is as of last night. You can totally see it's a work in progress, but by gosh, I WILL get it done! I sanded her down, added a coat of gesso and then a layer of black. It was dark enough that I didn't feel I needed to add another.  "Turner" is my nephew's last name, hence the "T" and I'm adding a mandala around it. I will be adding some pink and more gold in there (the colors in their house) by way of some more mandala-type art either at the bottom and top or around the sides. Not sure yet, I have to think it out some more.....I mean in a hurry! LOL When I get done, I will be hanging the gift cards from the clips either directly, in an envelope or by a cute hanging twine piece. Not sure on that yet either.  This way they have another gift that they can hang in the kitchen for notes etc.... Nothing like putting the skills to a test, huh?? LOL

So, yipee to me, I was the winner last month with on of my swap groups! Not because of my ATC's, but because I had the "lucky card" in the swaps that were sent to me and that made me the winner! I was so stoked because I NEVER win ANYTHING! LOL  This is a fairly new swap group over on Instagram that @cwcrafts330 heads up! Go check out her Instagram page and if you want to be a part, we'd love to have you with CWCrafts ATC Swap Group!! It turns out, she lives in the same state that I do and I thought that was so cool! I live in such a rural area, that no one does the style of crafting that I do, so to find someone else doing that, even though she lives several hours away, was a treat.  So happy mail to me.....she sent me my gift for winning and I was so excited to get it!!!

What a great win right? Thanks Christine! :)

The thing that was so cool about it, is that I have been wanting to try out Arteza's watercolor/mixed media journals for a while and just haven't gotten around to purchasing one, so my win was timely!!!! Not that I need ANOTHER journal, but you know how we are.....just got to have one! LOL  Can't wait to dive in!!!  I'm so very thankful for my win! :)

Now for the best and most hysterical happy mail that I have received in a while.......drum rolllllllllll.....it came from our very own Julia Dunnit!! Just so you know, I laughed my tooshie off when I opened this up, Julia!!! I should have known you'd come up with something like this to send across the pond!!! For those who were not present at the #600 Zoom meeting, it was pretty much the inside joke where I remarked about Shoshi's Marmite suggestion, Jan got tickled, I made eye contact, then I got tickled and it was all over with!!!! LOLOL Once I start laughing, it's hard to stop!!!  So, in honor of our hilarity, Julia, it seems, has decided to send me some of your beloved condiment to try for my very own! LOLOLOL  It is very apparent that you cannot leave Julia alone to her own thoughts! LOLOL 

Look at that cuteness of a card!!!

Just so you all know, I haven't tried the Marmite yet!! It's not that I don't want to, I just haven't had the opportunity....because believe me, I want to give it ALLLLL the attention it deserves!!!!! No sireee, this isn't just ANY sample, it's THE sample of a lifetime! LOLOL  What I would like to do is have my kids help me video it and post it.  We shall see. First off, I don't like videoing or taking photos of myself, but really it's because I'd have to have them help this NON-techy mom actually get it done!! Next week's post shall be interesting!! LOL I'll wait to thank you then Julia!! LOL

Well, I think I have blabbed on long enough!! I hope you all are experiencing some fine weather. We really have had some beautiful days here lately. It stormed last night, but we need all the rain we can get up until what we call "summer," because it gets so extremely hot here and we can be in a drought before we know it, so rain is always welcome to get us through!!

Blessings for your Wednesday and until we meet up again! xo



15 comments:

  1. Well, that’s just made me laugh out loud!! Trust Julia to do something like that! Marmite is very much a love/hate thing so when you do try it, maybe put a teeny amount on some buttered toast or cracker and see how you get on. Don’t slap it on thickly, that’s for hardcore addicts only - just thought I should warn you, lol! Can you do it on Zoom so we get to see the reaction?! That would make me laugh all over again and I couldn’t stop the first time :-D
    Well done on making the gift card holder though you’re being brave with the timing! Hope the wedding goes well xx. Great news that you’ve had the second jab, my hubby is getting his next week so I shouldn’t be too long now. I went and played at my band last night, socially distanced of course, it was marvellous!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh this last minute thing is not to be taken as a weakness, I get so much done that way, and your ideas are lovely, that card holder for the shower is absolutely lovely already! So glad the marmite arrived. I like to think I don’t miss much, and I’m very very glad it made you laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds just the thing Julia would do. Enjoy your Marmite. I f you want to swap ATCs with me send me your address - or even if you would just like one of mine I don't mind. twiglet517 at hotmail dot co dot uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marmite! love it but use it sparingly to begin with. I love it on toast or crumpets but I know it's not to everyone's taste but I've had it from being a child so it feels like home for me. Well done with the win too that must have been a great surprise. Sending lots of woyww hugs, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where on earth did Julia get that single serve marmite LOL? I've never seen them, but looking at the Best Before date, you have a whole year to work up the courage to try it! Incidentally, I just came across this old commercial the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJE84X7nCeg (too funny!) Congrats on your win! So exciting! I'm sure you'll put them to good use! That card holder will look amazing once you put your magic touch to it! I always leave these things until the last second too - that's something else we have in common LOL. I haven't even started on my ATCs yet. We can do our WOYWW ATC swap at our leisure Felicia, it doesn't have to be next week - that way I will have some more time to make a little extra something to go with it. Good to hear you've had your second jab and it went ok - here they leave it for 12 weeks between jabs, so more people can get their first dose in the meantime, so most of us are still waiting for our second one. The infections are quite low at the moment but there are concerns about the Indian variant, so who knows what's going to happen. I think we're all getting a bit tired of this now. Have fun at the wedding (if you're going) - and have a lovely weekend! Hopefully you can put your feet up a bit - you sure deserve it! xx zsuzsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. Yes, only put a very small amount of marmite on buttered toast - I eat that for breakfast almost every day! My little guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like marmite but not heavily spread! Well done on your win, and also for your second jab! Take care and happy WOYWW Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO glad you have recovered from the second jab and all is well Felicia. Good luck getting your nephew's gift finished in time and well done on the stash win. I am not a Marmite fan so am intrigued what you will think. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL at the Marmite. It is an acquired taste and in general I prefer Vegemite :D Either way, Helen is right - a little dab'll do ya! No, wait, that's Brylcreem! Congrats on the win, and also the easy sailing for the 2nd jab. I love the idea of a gift-card shower and your presentation box looks fab. It will be fab, I'm sure!

    being brief, with still sluggish internet
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to come back to tell you that there’s a post about the ATCs and how we go about it, it’s here
    https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/2021/05/so-atc-thing.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, you are a sweetheart! Thank you so much for posting this for me!! I definitely missed the post, so this makes it all straight in my head now! Look forward to it! :)

      Delete
  11. I had to laugh again at the Marmite thing - that is so Julia. It is definitely a love/hate substance and divides us all. IN my case I'm afraid I hate it! I look forward to seeing a video of you trying it. If you would like to swap an ATC with me then please send me your address. I am more than happy to post over the pond! Happy WOYWW (a day late!). Take care and stay safe, With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#19)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on your lucky win. They say marmite is a love or hate thing. I like it on toast, but the smallest scraping, I find it too string otherwise. Your project is going to be wonderful. Angela #10

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun your post was Feliciia! I giggled along with you through the whole thing! It is so nice to read the laughter in your heart and soul-it makes my heart and soul happy!
    Let me know how the Marmite is, I have always wondered about it!
    Sending you tons of love and happy belated Birthday wishes my very sweet friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card holder, Felicia - your painting skills are awesome! Hahaha about the Marmite! I think I must have started something! One of our old kitties, Phoebe, absolutely loved it. Here she is, when she was quite young (in the kitchen of our old house): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8sTHO0gcfk&t=1s

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #24

    ReplyDelete