Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tree of Life

I have a few art journals and try to rotate working out of them so that I don't get bored.  They especially come in handy if I get into a creativity slump in one or the other.  In one of my journals I practice Zentangle art, which I don't necessarily do well, but enjoy doing.  Zentangle is an art form that was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas of http://www.zentangle.com/  that is really an easy-to-learn, relaxing and fun way to create images by drawing repeated patterns.  Sometimes you can create a deliberate image through the patterns Rick and Maria have developed or you can just do patterns on what is known as a tile, which is a basically a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2  piece of heavy stock paper that you can have cut yourself or you can buy in a Zentangle Kit from their site or I have even seen in Hobby Lobby, Michaels and the like.

Many people have enjoyed this art form which was developed to create in a fun, lighthearted and relaxing way.  We have enough stress that we either create for ourselves or we work in daily and this was a way to get away from all that while creating something beautiful.  When I first came across Zentangle, I was actually searching for something else on line for my water color journal and got linked to this really neat method.  I thought I would never be able to do it, but their mantra, if you will, is "Anything is possible, one stroke at a time!"  I couldn't believe what came out on the paper after I gave it a whirl!  I really enjoy doing Zentangle and the creativity out there using this art method is unbelievable.  You can get as intricate as you desire with this method or just have fun.

This piece is one that I had had in my mind for quite some time. I knew I wanted to do this using one of my favorite scriptures out of Psalm 1:1-6.  That scripture speaks to me all I desire to be in the Lord, rooted and grounded, being filled daily and being fruitful for the Lord.  I want to continually delight in the Law of the Lord and walk in His will and way as I meditate on it day and night.

If you have never tried Zentangle, give it a go.  It really is fun!  Happy tangling!

Blessings

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this Felicia!! Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Penny! It took me forever, but I had a vision of it in my mind and when I was through, I was so satisfied! I love when it works out like that! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Felicia! Isn't it great when our visions come to fruition? Glory be to our God!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, thank you so much Francine! Yes it really is!! When it does, it let's me know that it was a "God thing!" He has never let me down as long as I step out on faith with what He puts in my heart! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete