Friday, June 6, 2014

Shekinah Glory

Shekinah Glory......what a beautiful expression!!!  From my studies of this expression, I have found that it is a form of a Hebrew word that literally means "he caused to dwell," signifying that it was a divine visitation of the presence or dwelling of Jehovah God on this earth.  Wow!

In the Old Testament God's glory came in a cloud pillar by day and fire pillar by night to direct the Israelites. God had already told Moses that "no man shall see me and live," (Exodus 33:20) so that was His way of manifesting Himself to His people on earth at that time.  The Israelites, much like people today, just couldn't get the hang of faith and taking God at His Word.  Moses, I believe, was so beside himself at the display of their unbelief, that he requested to see God face to face, but God let him know very quickly that His Glory was to awesome and powerful to be seen in its entirety by man.  I believe had God allowed Moses to see Him in ALL His awesomeness, He would have died instantly.  Those are just my thoughts.  But God chose to manifest Himself in the pillars of cloud and fire for an unbelieving people to know that He was with them to guide their way and to light their way day or night.  His presence was "dwelling" with them day and night.

For New Covenant believers, the fullness of God's presence dwelled in the man Jesus Christ.  That was His glory manifested on the earth at that time.  Jesus was the last sacrifice, the fulfillment of the Old Testament Covenant.  His sacrifice allowed us to have a one on one relationship with the Father.  Jesus promised that as He left this earth, He would leave One, another advocate to help and be with us forever - the Spirit of truth (John 14:16).  He lives with us and will be in us (v.17).  As believers, we believe in the Holy Trinity, The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit.  The three are One!  If you have received Christ, that Glory now lives on the inside of YOU!!!  In verse 21, Jesus makes sure to comfort us by letting us know that whoever has and keeps His commands loves Him and whoever loves Him will be loved by the Father and Jesus will in turn love them and show Himself to them!  God's divine presence, His Shekinah Glory!!!

As a believer, I KNOW that God's presence is all around, but most certainly I KNOW He lives on the inside of me!  I have seen His glory in others and I have seen His glory manifested when I step out in faith, obey His commands, and walk in His will and way for my life!  I can step into the throne room of His glory daily when I seek His presence through His Mighty Word!  It is beautiful and it is life giving!

I did the page above in my "Tangles Journal" expressing my heart for ALL HIS GLORY!  By far, that page took me longer to do than any journal page I have ever done, but It was SO worth it.  I free handed the vision I had in my mind and then went over it with a Micron Pen adding the tangle patterns and then finished it with Derwent Inktense Pencils for color.  It is on of my favorite pages!

Seek His presence today, you won't be disappointed! 

4 comments:

  1. I love your page! And I love it that you are a Christian too! I also try to make my pages point to the One who saved me. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue! As most people do their art out their heart, so too I want to reflect what is in my heart! He gives me the unction, so I want to make sure I reflect that and give Him His due praise and glory! Thank you again, blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh!! Una página maravillosa!! Realmente se ve el volúmen que toma el adorno del círculo alrededor de la paloma! Parece un mosaico realizado en la piedra. Felicidades!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isabel! It really does take awhile to do a piece like this.....for me anyway! LOL!! But it is worth it in the end! I have always wanted to try mosaic, so maybe this is my attempt at it! LOL!! Thanks again, you are so sweet!

      Delete