Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Born to Shine

Today I am pressing through to do a blog post!  You know, you have those days where you just don't have the spunk you need to be the "chipper bird" to face the world.  I had a long weekend and I think I am just trying to bounce back!

That being said, I pulled a tag to share that I did not too long ago to remind me that, no matter what circumstance I find myself in, I was born to SHINE!!  While I realize that may mean a different thing to many, because we all shine in our own special way, for me, I want to shine for Jesus!  He is the light in this dark world that we live in and He lives in our hearts and as such, we can and should shine brightly reflecting God and the glory displayed in the Son's face (2 Corinthians 4:6).
I did this tag using Unity Stamps, which I love, along with my wonderful Silks Acrylic Glaze, Faber Castell Gelatos and Faber Castell Big Brush Stampers Pens.  I think the thing I love about the Silks is that it is such a happy paint because it allows the gelatos and big brush pens to glide along right on top of it for a smooth look and finish!  Not sure if I will ever get bored of using them!  And Faber Castell just simply has some of my favorite products to use!  It was a fun tag to do and brought a much needed sunshine to my face today!

If you are feeling down today or are just in a slump, remember that our hope is not in "things" or in a "circumstance," but in the victory of Jesus on the cross!  He conquered over ALL things!!  In God's Word Paul was troubled on every side, yet not distressed, perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted, but not forsaken, cast down, but not destroyed....why?  Because of the VICTORY of Jesus over sin, death, hell and the grave!  That is definitely something to SHINE about!  Don't let satan rob you and steal you of your joy today!  If you need a power boost, God's Word produces joy in our hearts and satan has NO leg to stand on as long as joy and light are present there!

Let the joy of the Lord be your strength today!

No comments:

Post a Comment