Wednesday, March 31, 2021

WOYWW #617

So what's up all my crafty friends?? Happy Wednesday to you all!! Time to do the "linky" dance over on Julia's Stamping Ground blog!! Seriously.....I want to see you do a jig!! LOL I'd probably disjoint something....in fact, if you see me doing a jig, first off you'd be embarrassed, second off.....call 911 cause I'm going to need some help!! LOLOL Come on over and show us your desk with other crafty friends!

So how's the weather doing in everyone's world? It's so funny that some are still seeing snow, some in summer and some embarking on winter. Now look, I'm not that daft, I realize that we are all in different parts of the world as it turns and seeing the sun at different times in different parts above and under the equator, etc..... but it's still pretty cool to think about how God created this world and universe to operate differently, but just so! We are still combatting the pollen here, but we have had some rain to beat it down a bit. Today we are to see upwards of 84 degrees....UGGGHHH....I simply am NOT ready for the sticky, balmy, HOT weather!! Enjoy your snow a bit more my friends, I'm just a tad bit envious!!! LOL

So my desk today is actually pretty clean because I tidied a bit after a weekend of crafting and all I have are products on top ready for the next project. So this photo is actually from Saturday whereby I was working on some watercolor cards. I have this really awesome botanical book that you will see to the left that I get inspiration from. Of course, mine NEVER turns out like theirs, but I can't draw off the top of my head, I have to have something to look at. So, since this is supposed to be spring, which is a joke in Georgia, I thought I would tackle a couple of different flowers. You will also see two of those Prima watercolor palettes that I bought a while back for myself. I really do love them and so glad I made that purchase for myself. Behind those palettes, you will see artwork of my own and several cards from dear, dear art friends. To the right behind the yummy coffee (sorry all you tea drinkers) is the first card I worked on. 
What's going on......

Both cards I had a lot of fun doing. I still don't "really" know what I am doing with watercolor painting and watercolor "techniques," but this is the Felicia "wing it" technique!! LOL I should really probably try to learn about color theory and the like, but every time I begin reading about all that, I feel a HUGE snooze coming on and so I just toss it to the side and dive in. That's more my style! LOL Now what's so iron about that whole phenomenon is that I always want "order" and "directions" with things and like following the "rules" when putting things together or playing games, so it makes absolutely no sense at all???? Maybe art is the "let your hair down" part of my life? Who knows? I've always been the "quirky one," so it shouldn't surprise me!! LOL
Sunflower kind of day!

East Tulips

This next photo I just have to share. NOT to gloat, but simply to share the blessing that I received because it was so special to me!! This myriad of loveliness came in the mail last week from a dear friend of mine!! This lady, I only know from online, but she feels like a friend next door. You guys TOTALLY know what I mean. Our online art groups are so amazing and such a blessing to many.  I have known this lady for years and met in one of those online art groups many years ago and we have kept in touch all through the years. She has been a prayer warrior for me throughout my cancer, blood disorders, divorce battles, two-year art hiatus and was simply "just my friend" when I needed one! She somehow always knew when I needed a kind word and a beautiful email would show up at just the right time! I believe God places people in your life for just the right seasons in life. She's a beautiful person inside and it reflects in her artwork. She's an amazing card maker and I just love receiving her craftiness.

Art goodness from my gal pal!!!

I love "connecting" with people and that's what these art groups have been for me, connecting, sharing, forging friendships, sharing thoughts and ideas without judgment, being silly and laughing, and just really being me! Because you guys "get it!" We all connect on some even plain and for some folks, lasting friendships over the course of years! It's simply just lovely!

This crafty goodness from ANOTHER longtime
dear art pal says it ALLLLL!  FRIENDSHIP!

Well, friends, that's enough of my babbling for one day! Incidentally, I FINALLY had my FIRST jab and I'm glad the suspense is over with!! All went well save a little nausea and sore arm for a few days!! STILL not looking forward to the second one, but ready to get it done!!  Take care and Happy Wednesday to you all!

Blessings

14 comments:

  1. Well, I never was much of a card-maker - but it all came from my heart! I barely remember it, it was so long ago. I'm so touched that you still cherish it! Now I'm thinking I should have put more effort into it LOL! Lovely goodies received from your "prayer warrior" friend - her card and ATCs are just out of this world! As are your watercolour creations - my goodness! Your desk is full of happiness - that reference book looks very useful and even the best artists (especially the best artists!) use references - no one ever draws or paints off the top of their head - unless it's an abstract piece of work (which is why I like doing abstracts LOL - much less work!) I agree about the hot weather! 84 degrees would be pushing my limits too - and so early in the year as well! Why can't we mix the heat of the summer with the cold of the winter and have a comfortable middle ground? I'm all for middle grounds - don't like extremes - in anything! With that wisecrack, I wish you a lovely Easter, Felicia! Hope you get some good weather over the holidays - not too hot, not too cold, just perfect! xx zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My the more I hear about the side effects of the vaccinations the more I forget to book mine! I'm emetophobic (fear of sickness and vomiting) so even the thought of nausea can leave me running for the hills! Love the watercolours, I thought you were a pro! I got mine out today, first time in ages as I was determined to have a go at the squares/doodling technique, no bad so far. BJ#13

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely to be sent a pile of gorgeous goodies! the paintings of the flowers are so good. have a lovely week. we had some glorious weather yesterday but today was very dull.... hey ho! Helen #10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the enthusiasm for everything that oozes from your blog today! Such a great card from your friend who’s been with you through thick and thin, they are worth more than gold, I’m fortunate to have a couple of them as well. Your watercolours are fantastic and who cares about the rules anyway, life and art is for doing your way, not anyone else’s!
    The weather is fantastic here, everything is starting to blossom and sprout in the hedgerows, it’s my favourite time of the year - all the possibilities and hope for the year ahead.
    Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how gorgeous it all is here on your blog today! Those flowers!Stunning. Your warrior friend sounds like a blessing for sure. I adore happy mail, it always puts a smile on my face. Enjoy your Spring in Georgia LOL! Bet it gets HOT all too soon. I lived in Virgina most of my young life and the humidity there was awful.
    Happy WOYWW

    Desk hopping on a (no longer) sunny day!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great flowers, I prefer to draw from something rather than make it up. I bought a wildflowers book so I could draw the flowers since you are not supposed to pick them now! I like your friends bird, I have been contemplating painting a colourful bird but that’s as far as I have got! Happy WOYWW and Happy Easter Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous art work and so much of of it too. Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x21x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea to use the book as inspiration. It looks like you are really enjoying it which is the main thing. You have some great gifts there too. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous cards Felicia - I think the wing it technique using the images as inspiration is working just fine for you. Such a kind gift from your online friend too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW> Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do not want med to do a jig. It would take a week for parts of me to stop jiggling!! Your watercolours are beautiful, I’m totally convinced by the Felicia Wing It technique. Isn’t it strange to think that we get so much good from the internet, it makes me very happy to know that you’ve had support and love through your incredibly hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the Felicia wing it way, your cards are beautiful. There really should be no rules when mark making with anything, it's one of those archaic things especially attached to watercolour that it has to be done a certain way and colour theory is so overated, especially as people see colour in different ways. Give yourself a BIG pat on the back my dear friend as you are creating beautiful things and most importantly enjoying every step.
    Love your happy mail, people can be so kind in our world.. cherish them.
    Wishing you a very Happy Easter Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, weatherwise its turned chilly again, we have a nuce day with lots of sun forecast for tomorrow (Sunday) bu then possibly snow on Monday. Crazy, but I don't envy you your temps or your pollen. Your cards are lovely, but I am so with you on the snooze. Half the time when I watch vids or read instructions I lose interest and actually miss the bit that's important. I can fall asleep at my pc. I have made some good friends through art and the internet - sometimes they seem closer than people I know IRL. Happy Easter, stay well, stay safe, love n hugsxx Cindy #23

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Felicia!
    Sorry I am late visiting.
    Happy WOYWW and happy Easter!
    Susan #18

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your watercolour painting is just splendid, Felicia - your flowers are all so pretty and you are very skilled, so don't put yourself down so much! What a gorgeous card you got from your friend. I agree - lovely to have so many friends online in the art community. When I was going through my cancer I came to realise that prayer was going up from 6 of the 7 world continents - no wonder I had such a good outcome! I did wonder whether there might be an emperor penguin or two with me on their prayer list down in Antarctica too...

    Sorry to hear you've still got the pollen problem, and suffering hot and sticky weather down in the South. We are enjoying beautiful spring weather here. I put my first lot of washing out on the line yesterday - that really is a good sign that spring is here! It came in smelling so fresh and fragrant - nobody dries laundry like the Lord with His sweet breath of a gentle breeze of fresh air! When the kitties have been out playing in the garden, they come in smelling fresh and fragrant, too. It's lovely.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete