Wednesday, March 24, 2021

WOYWW #616

Happy Wednesday all my crafty friends!!! Another week of crafty delights shared by so many crafty folks over on Julia's Stamping Ground!! Step around to her desk and play along, we'd love to come visit you too!!!

Well deskers, sorry to say that I didn't make it around to everyone's desk last week. I gave it the old school girl try, but it just didn't happen! LOL I will try to do much better this week!  So much of the pollen deluge has settled, but I find that pollen is much like cockroaches, where there is some, there is more!!! LOLOL We are by far not out of the woods, but hopefully soon!! Don't even think about washing your car while this pain in the royal backside is going on!!  I have black interior in my car, which at the moment slightly resembles the outside, so I CAN'T WAIT to finally get to wipe the inside down as well!  I guess if that's the only thing I have to complain about, I'm doing pretty good! LOL

Can't really show you what's "actually" on my desk at the moment because, alas, I have finished BOTH sets of my ATC Swap Group cards for April and I am putting the finishing touches on them to put in the mail hopefully by tomorrow. So what I will show you are the pictures I took of both sets showing the backgrounds. I really had fun doing both of these sets and I can't wait to show you the finished cards. I pulled out some products that I haven't used in a hot minute and it was fun to use some of them again. You know how we are crafters......we buy stuff, use it a couple of times, and then sadly it gets shelved for the "newest and coolest" product out!! LOL  but anyway, I pulled out my big box of gelatos that I know I haven't used in a couple of years! Sad, but true. I really enjoyed using them and must remember to keep them around!!

Using those Gelatos & Heavy Gesso

A little collaging with my gelatos and gesso
I really wanted to get these swaps done and in the mail, because I have soooooo many projects on my list to do and I am having a hard time getting to them. Three of the projects are actually commissions!! Now probably not in the sense that most folks think because I don't charge for my work. I do my art as a hobby and because I love it and love sharing it just as much. But It always thrills me when someone asks me to do something for them!!  So I really, really need to get started on them. Hopefully, I will be able to show them a little along the way because I don't think these particular people look at or know about my blog, so I can openly share as I trek on!  I truly hope that I will be able to express through my art what they are looking for. That's always the worry isn't it??? Good thing I don't charge because then if it's not to their suiting, they won't be out anything! LOLOL   Hey, you got to see the bright side to everything huh??? 

Starting to embellish

Well, my crafty friends, here is hoping that each and every one of you has remained healthy and safe, had all your jabs (stilllllllll haven't had mine yet!! I guess they are waiting on Christmas! LOL) and spring is trying to pop its way out of the snow in your neck of the woods!! 

Many blessings to you!

18 comments:

  1. Spring, oh my YES! Got the letter telling me I can stop shielding on 1 April and I have a long list of still "safe" things I cannot wait to do. I love your ATCs and think the recipients are very lucky to be in a swap with you. I hope you do share them, once received, and those people who don't follow or visit you are missing out :) Lucky we have WOYWW to keep us popping round every week, at least.

    slept in so
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ATCs are so gorgeous - lovely detail - they are each a little gem. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great atcs. You're right about buying new stuff and not using it after the first few plays ! Hope you hear soon about your jab Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Felicia. Spring is certainly doing its best to make an appearance here - green shoots on trees and bushes, nesting blue-its and blackbird in my garden, blue sky and little wispy clouds here today. Still lines of snow on the tops, and the "promise" of a really cold snap before the end of the week...
    loving the colours on that first set of ATCs. Hope you get everything done that you need to.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the start of those ATCs, I’ll look forward to seeing the finished ones when you post next! And well done for using old stash, you get extra bonus points for that, it’s no use sitting on our shelves is it?! Hooray for being asked to do some commissions, that’s gos you’re a talented gal!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx
    PS Got my jab yesterday and completely fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those backgrounds are just delish, Felicia! I haven't used my gelatos for absolute ages either - remember when they were all the bee's knees? I just had to have the biggest set - imported from the US - haven't used them since LOL, but I sure am inspired to get them out again! You know I was just playing with the idea of using very similar 3D flowers on my next batch of tea bags - and we always say great minds and all LOL! I even made a prototype with red and yellow flowers lik eyour, just decided not to put it on my blog in case I change my mind again LOL! I wonder if we were doing that at the same time thousands miles apart connected by some sort of brain waive! How intriguing, but it wouldn't be the first time, would it? I hope the pollen situation will ease soon - last week I though that was your town painted green for St Patrick's Day - I didn't realise it was pollen! Not good for anyone with a pollen allergy - like me! Eeeks! Enjoy your week! xx zsuzsa #28

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for getting the commissions - I'm feeling a bit mixed about them at the mo as I would rather be doing things for myself!! Hope the pollen situation is under control soon, sounds like a nightmare! Love your ATC bgs, esp the blue ones. Happy WOYWW, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs, Cindy #27

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your jab tomorrow, Felicia! I can honestly say I didn't have any side effects - so far, anyway - not even a sore arm. In fact, I hope I got the real thing not a placebo LOL! I've just watched this video about the efficacy rate of different jabs and found it very informative - it concludes that ALL of them prevent hospitalisation, serious illness and death from Covid 100% and that's all that matters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are all so pretty, Felicia, and I know the recipients will be delighted with them. That pollen situation sounds really peculiar, especially as it's so early in the year. I've never heard of a plague of pollen before! Pollen can be very staining so I hope it doesn't affect the interior of your car too much.

    Thank you for your lovely comment - your joy at winning the Cat Sick Award made me laugh! Who knew you could have so much fun over cat sick?!! I should make you a medal for it. I love the "peeking cat" embellishment. I am now tempted to make one doing a poo but that may be a step too far on the grossness scale - I could do it and see if my hubby notices! We used to laugh endlessly about Beatrice's pooing habits. She used to spend ages selecting exactly the right spot on the lawn, and then look round quickly, and dump it in the middle of the grass, and then run off with her tail in the air! she never buried them - just like a dog! My hubby was always scooping them up off the lawn. I think it came from when she was a kitten and her sister used to bury them for her in the litter tray and she just got too lazy to do it.

    Ruby was obliviously asleep throughout the kitty bum exercise. I'm not sure she'd have been that impressed had she known what I was doing!

    I've had great success, drying the coarser almond pulp from the juicer, and then grinding it. The first lot of hummus made with it was super delicious. I don't mind the extra steps involved. Hummus is very easy to make, and we are very pleased with the chickpea one, too. I adore it. I haven't tried tahini spread on toast but I have eaten almond butter like that and it shouldn't be that different. Tahini is slightly more bitter as you say. I'll let you know how I get on with halva once I start making that.

    Feel free to share the recipe if you want to - I just thought I ought not to as I'd got it off a restricted paid-for site but people have shared recipes out of books since time immemorial so I'm not sure what the difference would be, really. There are actually a lot of green goddess bowl recipes online, I've discovered. Probably all variations on a theme.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #22

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous ATC's - I just LOVE the colours and textures. The pollen situation sounds very frustrating for you - I am always conflicted in the Spring - I adore blossom, but I get really bad hayfever! Hope your car cleans up ok.
    Have a good week,
    Diana xx #24

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you are putting your heart and soul into those ATC's I love how so much attention to detail can be put into those small surfaces. I used to make many each week and always would pop back to them to add a little bit more.
    Good luck with those commissions it's always an honour when someone want's a little piece of your art in their home. Don't forget to share now.
    Sending WoywW Hugs your way, hope that pollen leaves you be very soon Tracey #12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so good to see people enjoying making and swapping ATCs again, they are lovely little works of art. Take care my friend and have a happy woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It feels really good to use older neglected supplies doesn't it?! I love how all of your ATC backgrounds are looking so far. Spring blessings, Lisa-Jane #7

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the pollen is less soon and you can get your car wiped down felicia. Love the ATC backgrounds - good luck with the commissions too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a friend who really suffers when the pollen starts so I sympathise. The only time have know it to cover everything was when we were at caravan site next to a field of rape. The wind blew it in our direction and it seemed to get everywhere. My gelato’s are my list of things to get out and use! I am concentrating on another portrait at the moment. Have a great week Angela #3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great backgrounds. I love using stuff that hides on the shelves. Maybe I should get out my gelatin!!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #15

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, me too Felicia. If they want me to make them something, I’m thrilled to. But I can’t charge because the very commission gives me pressure and i end up spending way too long on them to make them charge-viable, and I often do more than one to give them choice because well, not everyone likes what I like and so on...it’s really not worth me doing it, too stressful!! Your ATVs are grand, any deadline met is a win, specially if you’re pollen affected, I must say it sounds a bit grim for you. So much of it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the ATC's, used to be quite into them, doing swaps etc, but lost touch as was away from blogland for ages. One of my last commissions was a cartoon of two 'rude' ducks, an elderly man knocked on my door, said he got my address from the local paper, (I did cartoons)anyway, I did the cartoon for him, I thought it was ok, but he ummed and arrhh-ed and got out come loose change from his pocket, to the amount of about 75p! I was a bit miffed, so I swapped the oringinal drawing, for a copy and told him, he could have it. Never had a problem with pollen, so hope you feel better. Stay Safe, Keep on Crafting, Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#21

    ReplyDelete