Wednesday, March 17, 2021

WOYWW #615

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends and a Happy St. Patty's Day to Ya!!!!! I had quite a few comments last week about how it is so funny that we celebrate St. Patty's over here in the states more than you guys seem to over across the pond!!! I was surprised by that, to say the least!! But then we Americans tend to take the ball and run with it....and run with it....and run with it!!!! LOLOL  But let me just say, that since I do live in the City of "Dublin," Dublin, Georgia that is, we tend to celebrate it with a fierce passion. We have a month-long celebration with, parades, arts and crafts, balloon festivals, Pancake breakfasts, library book sales, green grits, green beer, BBQ cookoffs, beauty pageants and the list goes on and on for a whole month! It really is a fabulously fun month. Last year as well as this year, however, it has been called off due to COVID!!! This year, we have let up a bit with the numbers coming down and a few things have gone on, but not the major events that draw crowds!! So, hopefully, next year all will be right again because the folks around here are literally turning green by going into DT's!!!!! LOLOL So.....Erin go bragh to you!!!!!


So I will share my desk as of last night, which is a complete mess as I try to get more ATC Swap's finished. Thankfully, I got all of my March Swap materials turned in on time, however, I am trying to get April's done and in the mail so it won't be a mad dash again!!!! LOLOL  If you want to share what is on your desk as well, hop on over to Julia's Stamping Ground and link up for the share!!

St. Patty a go go!!!

So these were my ATC's for March over on Amy's Art Alchemy International Swap Group on Instagram. I really pressed through guys because I wasn't "feeling it" with these little boogers, but in the end, they were ok and hopefully the folks who receive them won't be wondering what the heck I am doing in the swap group!!!!! LOLOLOL





The other swap group I joined was over on the Discord platform. I really don't know a lot about that platform and will be fumbling my way around in it for a bit until I can get it.....hopefully sometime within the next decade!! I'm NOT tech savvy AT ALL and as a result, spend entirely too much time trying to figure something out. And when I do, it's usually time for a new fandangled platform to be the latest and coolest one to be on!!! Uggghhhh, to coin the phrase of Cher in the movie Moonstruck, I just need to "Snap Out of It!" LOL

So all of these ATC's used the artboard that I posted a couple back.  Let me just say that I have gotten a new phone, well overdue, and have yet to figure out how to make photos look bright and beautiful......of course, that could be the fact that I am NOT a photographer....hee hee....but the background was a lot more colorful than my photos show. I used pinks, albeit chalky pinks, but these photos don't really show up "pink" to me, so......note to self, learn how to use my phone as well as the new internet platform!!! Lord, I can't take on any more projects!!!! LOLOL The first swap group I participate in doesn't typically ever have a theme, but the second one did and it was "Changing Seasons."  And boy howdy we sure are in the midst of that in my town right now!!! CAN YOU SAY POLLEN!!!!!!!!!!

Literally what my city looks like right now!!!

Well, my friends, that's it for me today! I will do my best to get around to you all. I will try to start with the ones I didn't get to last week! LOLOL Maybe work my way backward! LOLOL  Daylight savings stole an hour you know!!! LOLOL

Blessings to you all!


12 comments:

  1. Super ATC's! Love the glitter - part of your signature style placed strategically here and there! It's like you spread glitter everywhere you go! There's some spread all over by blog LOL with all your lovely comments! I must disappoint you as I don't really have a practiced technique - I just go ahead and do it - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but I always know when I'm in the "zone"! By the way, thank you for your lovely comments in the FB group as well - the reason I don't reply to them (even though I'm dying to!), is because I would have to reply to everybody else as well (which always bumps up the post and I don't want to dominate too much!) - so I just send a little heart to everyone who comments just to say thanks (and I also answer any queries cause it would be rude not to). I think these challenge groups (and your swap groups) are great for inspiration to get our behinds into action! I know they work for me, but yeah, like you said, we have to be careful not to overdo it! Happy St Patrick's Day (is it today?) No, it's not a big thing over here - as an outsider myself, it was interesting to find out that there's a bit of rivalry between the different nations here England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland - so perhaps that's why. The US has a lot of Irish descendants - that's why it's such a big thing there, I guess! So looks like your city was painted green! Wow, it's not just a myth then! Have a lovely week, Felicia! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, It does look as if the city has a green filter on it - Happy St Patrick's Day. I love those little ATCs. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief you guys really do go all out with St Patricks Day month don't you?! Maybe that's why the city looks so yellow in that pic - it's all the gold and good luck being sprinkled over, to be sure! I love what you did with the board to make the floral ATC - just my kind of thing. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, looking at your city makes me want to sneeze! I’ve just been for a bracing walk along the beach and that salt air has sorted my sinuses out for sure :-D
    Happy St Patrick’s Day, how funny that you have a month of celebrations for something that we don’t really do in the UK. It sounds like a lot of fun though, I really hope that things are back to normal next year and everything can happen again. Love the Irish theme crafting, they’re really great - i like the green too, it’s a colour that I tend not to use (or wear). I’m a blues gal all the way, lol!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Felicia. Goodness - the haze on that photograph! Is the pollen really that bad already in the season? Whatever is it going to be like later on when the summer gets going! Like Jan I have been walking on the prom today - I wouldn't say it was bracing up here on the North Wales Coastline, but it certainly felt good to be out and about in the fresh air! You have been busy with all the ATCs - well done. You certainly do celebrate St Patrick's day over there. Here in Wales we remember St David on March 1st, and normally lots goes on then. But St George's day in England doesn't see a huge amount of activity.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your ATCs! My goodness that is a lot of pollen - I am just beginning to notice it here with my hay fever, but it is nothing like that! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#12)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that pollen is enough to make even a non-hay fever sufferer come out in sneezes, Felicia! What an amazing sight. I love all your St. Patrick's Day stuff this week - some great ATCs. I think it's a shame we don't celebrate national days better here in the UK. Poor old St. George hardly gets a look-in.

    Thank you for your lovely comment as always. No worries about not managing to visit last week - we can all get really busy at times and something has to go! I'm glad you are enjoying the progress of the cat throw. Still a fair bit to do but it's been a fun project from the very beginning so it's no hardship. I just can't wait to finish it and give it to my hubby now.

    You and could have so much fun together, both in the craft room and in the kitchen! I've been struggling this afternoon trying to grind the too-coarse almond pulp, with compete lack of success till I decided to dry it, and managed to cook it too much in the process... Then I couldn't unscrew the base off the blender cup of the Vitamix and had to call my hubby to help! I'm worn out now...

    I'm really glad you are enjoying my culinary adventures. That quinoa stew is really good. I love the flavours of Middle Eastern food. Also the info about the almonds, and the song - so glad you enjoyed that! It's such a beautiful melody and I've not heard it performed better than that group. I was really pleased to find them on YouTube. I've got quite a collection of Jewish music recordings. Here in the UK we have Lucie Skeaping and her husband who have formed a group called the Burning Bush and they research a lot of music, both Ashkenazi and Sephardi. I've attended some of their concerts and took part in a Jewish music workshop they did once, and I've got most of their recordings. The Sephardic music is often more beautiful in many ways, and it's lovely to hear the Ladino as well, which is much less well-known than Yiddish. What a rich culture!

    We've been to Israel twice. I can't begin t express what effect it had on me. Such a privilege and it blessed my socks off. I often felt I was close to heaven so I really understand your words about the ultimate Holy Land!! I remember saying to the Lord that if He took me then, I would hardly notice the transition.

    I was highly amused at your version of the cat sick saga! Putting it under a bowl? Hahaha!! My hubby calls the various collections of Stuff that come out of both ends of kitties "steaming heaps." You really definitely Can Go Off Kitties... but never fear, I won't really sell Ruby on Ebay!

    You have a great week yourself, and happy WOYWW and God bless,
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete
  8. what fabulous St Patrick's Day projects!! Shame your town can't fully celebrate yet - maybe next year! have a great week Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't say I've heard of the Discord platform Felicia - I tend to stick to Facebook and blogger. I can understand why St Patrick's Day is celebrated so much where you live. Love your latest ATCs too - very apt. Hope you get to grips with photos on the new phone soon. Stay safe. Saarh #6

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ATC’s Felicia. I have not heard of Discord before. It doesn’t seem to be a British thing to celebrate Saint’s days. Halloween has only caught on here the past few years. Even Christmas was cancelled at one time! I wonder if it became important in America because the early settlers were far from home and it made them feel closer to their homes. Have a great week Angela #17

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! that is crazy pollen ~ That will be here next month and I got my allergy meds ready to go. Great ATC's for the season ~ I'm sorry your celebrations were mostly canceled again this year ~ We had a quiet evening at home with corned beef and cabbage here. Enjoy the rest of your week! Love, Karen #29

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ATCs are wonderful. Sorry about your cancelled celebration. And blimey - that pollen! What a haze. Cannot be good for you can it?
    Crazy week, so late..
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete