Wednesday, April 21, 2021

WOYWW #620

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends!! Yaaaasssss, I have been MIA for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!! Oh my stars, I feel like it's been ions!!! LOLOL I told Julia that when I don't participate, I feel so out of touch with everyone and what is going on in our little "art world!"  So FINALLY let me catch back up with everyone over on Julia's Stamping Ground blog and see what everyone has been up to!! Join in if you will! 

So what in the heck have I been up to??? Well, it's been around the world in 80 days, I tell you! LOL I have been amidst doctors appointments, prepping for my colonoscopy on Friday, my daughter's surgery, dealing with broken-down washer and dryer, and then having to purchase a new washer and dryer and trying to get all of my swaps in the mail on time!!! And.....stressing over the fact that I haven't even made a dent in my commissions!!! Sometimes, you just want to throw it all up into the air like 52 card pickup!!! LOL

Saving grace for me (besides my Father in Heaven) is that I have an amazing sister's camping trip coming up next weekend and I CAN'T WAIT!!! One of my sisters and I have been camping together before, but all four of us have never been camping together and it will be a blast!  We are going up to a State Park about 4 hours away from my hometown.....far enough away that my kids CAN'T get to me and I can't just hop in the car and go home! LOLOL  There will be lots of food, games, hiking and fun times to be had.  Then at the end of next month another amazing trip with some of my family to the beach!!  We try to do it every year and it can't come fast enough either! Because of all the unforeseen expenses thus far this year, I told my girls that this is the only beach trip this year, so MAKE THE BEST OF IT!!! The look on their face was priceless! LOL It will be fun, never the less!

My favorite spot in my favorite campground!

So, what's on my desk? Well, I haven't been able to do a whole lot, but I will share what I am currently working on for a dear friend of mine. This lady I spoke about in my last post. She has been such a precious friend for me over the years and I am making a little something to send back to her to let her know how special she is.  I have so been enjoying dot painting and have so many more projects like this in the hopper, so I better get busy!! LOL  I'm not quite finished, as you can see, so don't judge all the flaws! LOL I have top dots to do as well as filling in with black dots and then a total top coat! I will show a finished project before I send it off in the mail to this lovely lady! :)

A gift from the heart!

I will also show you one of my ATC Swaps that have been sent in and already featured online, so showing them is okeedokee! As I have mentioned before, there is no "theme" as such with this particular swap, but I felt like it needed to be "Spring is in the Air!"



   

   

   

   

   

Sorry for the spread of photos, but if I could EVER learn how to place photos on this blog, it will be a miracle! I love that it's free to use this blasted thing, but it is so NOT user-friendly, to me anyway! After all these years, I STILL don't know how to effectively use my own blog!! LOLOL  

I pulled out a lot of old medium to do these ATC's, some things I hadn't used in years and I had a whole lot of fun. These pictures, to me, don't do them justice. I bought a new cellphone thinking that the high price would be indicative of quality photos, but it's NOT! The colors on these ATC's were so rich and yummy and these photos are so blaaaaahhhhh! Oh well, chock it up to I don't know how to blog OR take photos! LOLOL

Well, that's it for me today sports fans! I have other things I will be showing as I get them in the mail or they have already been received. Here's hoping you ALLLL are happy and healthy! I have my colonoscopy on Friday as preventive maintenance for my cancer, so prayers going up would be appreciated by all my crafty friends. And I have my second jab coming up soon as well! So hope you ALL have successfully had yours!!

Blessings and Happy Spring!! :)






13 comments:

  1. Your camping trip sounds wonderful - enjoy every minute. Your Spring time ATCs are gorgeous - so pretty and I love all the detail in the backgrounds too. Good luck with your check up - hope all goes well. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ATCs are lovely, the colours are beautiful for spring. And your dot painting is wonderful too - your friend will be over the moon, I'm sure!
    Enjoy the camping.
    Sidetracked momentarily by a new project but determined to visit ALL today! :D
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s good to see you back on the desks, I missed you! It sounds like you’ve had one heck of a fortnight though, hope everything has turned out ok. Good luck for your camping trip, the area you’re going to looks beautiful! My hubby and I used to camp all the time, one amazing place was on the west coast of Scotland where we were twenty feet from the beach listening to seals call to one another! I don’t think my old bones would take kindly to sleeping on the floor now, lol!!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ATCs are absolutely delightful, Felicia! All different but still definitely belonging in the same series and look great together as well as individually! The dot projects looks awesome too and I'm sure it will be gratefully received! Sounds like you've been very busy with not very pleasant things (appointments, surgery, breakdowns!)- if only life could be more simple! But I'm glad to hear there's some fun stuff lined up for you later - enjoy that camping trips with your sisters - and stay away from the bears - unless it's Yogi bear coming for a picnic! The beach trip sounds exciting too - I'm sure the girls will love it! Happy WOYWW! xx zsuzsa #15

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely set of ATCs - I particularly like the little birdie. I just bought my daughter a dot painting set and I'm looking forward to trying out the larger 'rods' as I can't see how they work! Good luck for the op. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a lovely set of ATC’s, love the bird and the butterfly. Your Cross is a work of art, just beautiful- are you selling them? Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the atcs, (I can't work out how to get pics side by side either!) sounds like you've had a busy time getting so many things organised. Hope the colonoscopy goes ok and the camping trip is enjoyable! fingers crossed you have good weather. Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness you do not know how to placel photos side by side iln your blog. `Neither do I and i feel so inadequate. My birthday post ended up beiong ever so long with all the handmade cards listed under one another. Help!
    Love the atc's you have made - what a great idea to have that topic - very appropriate. Also the cross you are making for your friend - she will be overcome with it. Delightful!
    Good luck Friday with the colonoscopy - I've had several and am still here. It will be over before you know and in America they are much easier than here in the UK (according to friends in CA).
    Just think of the camping trip.
    Hugs, Neet xx 7
    ps yes, i had it cut, a chin length bob

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the ATCs they are gorgeous. Hope you enjoy your camping too. I've only been camping once while I was at training college we went up to the lakes but arrived quite late and the farmer had forgotten we were coming and we woke up the following day to the bull in the field were we were but we managed to escape. You take care and have a very happy creative woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My word, Felicia, it sounds as if you've been very busy lately. I hope you've now got your new washing machine installed and that it's working well. I do hope your colonoscopy goes OK on Friday - I shall be thinking of you. The prep for it is horrible, isn't it. I have had 2 colonoscopies and was told I'd have to have them at least every 2 years because I had an inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis) and was at higher risk of cancer. It was during the second one that they found my large, very aggressive tumour, which resulted in my whole colon being removed, so no more colonoscopies for me haha!!

    I hope you enjoy your camping trip. What a beautiful place that is - I am not surprised it's your favourite camping location. We used to have regular camping holidays when I was a child and the most abiding memory of those holidays was that it always seemed to rain all the time! Not fun...

    The cross you have painted for your friend, and the ATCs, are all absolutely gorgeous. What talent.

    Thank you for such a lovely comment and for your enthusiasm over my various activities! So glad you like our little garden. My hubby is in charge out there and he's got it looking so nice now. The new plants he has just bought should give us a good show of colour again, like last year. We bought the umbrella a couple of years ago at our local county show (a big agricultural show with lots of things for sale). It is Indian and so pretty - we chose that one because we love the elephants on it.

    I think our kitties could learn how refined ladies behave, from watching the Queen! She knows how to sit, and how to get in and out of cars elegantly etc., even aged 95! "Pussycat, Pussycat, where have you been? I've been up to London to look at the Queen!"

    The kitty throw is certainly coming together well now - I'm over half way through the black edging and then I can continue with joining it all up. I'm trying to finish it by mid-May for my hubby's birthday but we shall see!

    Happy WOYWW and God bless,
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a lot going on in your life at the moment! I love the ATCs, they are gorgous and the colours are so pretty for Spring - just perfect. I love the decorated Cross - it's looking stunning with those beautiful colours against the black, but I can't see how you can get the dots so uniform in size as I'm assuming by the paint next to it that you are painting them free hand? Just amazing work. Enjoy your camping trip, what an amazing view, and good luck with your test, hope it all goes well for you.
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all goes well with the medical procedures Felicia. So glad to hear that you are finally managing a camping trip too. The gift you have made for your onlinr firnd is beautiful - as are the ATCs. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the trips go brilliantly!
    Love the ATCs.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #14

    ReplyDelete