Wednesday, December 30, 2020

WOYWW #604

So what's up all my crafty friends?  Guess what? This is the LAST Wednesday of 2020!!!!! Can you believe it?? It still blows my mind! I know we say that A LOT as we get older, but it truly does blow my mind how fast a year goes by! In this year's case, however, I am super glad to see it go like dust in the wind!!! LOL So we are hooking up with Julia for the last time in 2020 over on her Stamping Ground blog for one last work desk photo of the year! So come on over and share yours!

I hope you ALL had a very Merry Christmas! I must admit that it was the best Christmas I have had in a long time, in spite of COVID!! We still aren't supposed to gather in significant numbers her in my state, however, we can be in an immediate family setting with care. So the weekend before Christmas we had my family get together at my sisters for a gay old time! It is always filled with loud laughter, and fun! Just like we like it!! We also were allowed to take mother out of her nursing home for the whole weekend! Consequence was quarantine for 14 days when she got back, BUT it was totally worth it on both sides!!! She was so happy to be with her family for a whole weekend!! And we were happy to be with her!!

Christmas day came with lots of goodies under the tree for my girlies and their boyfriends and they truly spoiled their ole mama with way too much!! We enjoyed a wonderful day together celebrating before they both made off to their fellas families. I finished out my day doing the thing I love best....ART!!! I'd say it was the perfect day! I hope you ALL had the same!

So here is my desk as it stands today!! Lord help me!! This picture is as of this morning and it is a mess as are the desk surroundings! LOL I was arting last night so quite a bit of that goings on is still there!! Since Christmas projects have been done, I am now working on my February ATC swap! They don't have to be in just yet, but I want to go ahead and get them done and sent so I can work on other things.

Blurry eyed morning photo! LOL

The pile of gel pens were pulled out thinking I would use them, but then I discovered that quite a few of them were not working albeit still FILLED with ink!!! So, me being the OCD person I am had to pull them ALL out and see which worked and which didn't and then go about devising a plan to get them to work.......still haven't had success on that score however!!! Anybody with any ideas, feel free to share! Very irritating to say the least and a lot of money (we all know how much those gel pens cost!!!) down the drain if I have to throw them out! Uggghhh!

At the very back are past art projects that I have on my desk to encourage me that "I can" do it! As well as a few card arts from some of my beautiful online arty pals! You will also see to the right back, my WOYWW badge that I made but never really showed at the Zoom Crop because our name showed up on the monitor! LOL Also there is some leftover cutouts from Project Christmas and to the forefront to the left and right are gifts from Santa to me that I will share in "prettier" (cleaner...haha) pictures below.

Thank you Santa! *wink*

So Santa digs have to be shown!!! So, let's just say that nothing EVER seems to go as planned! LOL I had ordered these gifty items several weeks ago because I knew it would take a fat minute for them to get to me because of the holidays PLUS COVID!!! And can we say, why is EVERYONE using COVID as a scapegoat NOT to get things done?????? That's an argument for another time! LOL Anywho, as I mentioned in a past post I loved the one Art Philosophy palette that I shared with you recently and decided to order three more from same company. Well, we all know you can get it on Amazon cheaper, so that's what I did. All three palettes were to come from the same seller. I also ordered a new BIG porcelain palette for my watercolors that I fell in love with.  Both items were to come the week of Christmas.

Yummy colors! Can't wait to play!

When I got the package for the paints, only two palettes were in there????????? Where was the third??? By the way, the missing palette, Vintage Pastel, was what kicked this whole thing off to begin with! That was the first palette that I saw online that I knew I wanted to try! LOL Now I have all BUT THAT ONE!!! Amazon "said" it had been delivered with the other two! I was not happy! So I emailed the seller explaining and even offered to take a photo of the small package to show that there was no way 3 palettes could get in that package. It took them days to email me back and of course they wanted a photo of the packing slip....there was not one....so I sent them the other photo as well as a photo of the package with both palettes in it for proof!  End of story.....they credited my card the amount of the palette????? What???? Mind you, I'm thankful for the refund, BUT why not just send the palette????? This is all just my luck!!! Now....I STILL don't have the palette that I originally wanted and I'm pooped! LOL  I will have to reorder it I guess, but NOT from that seller! LOL  All beautiful colors, by the way and just what I wanted. Just a note, the swatch paper on the one palette was not good quality paper and pilled when I did my swatch test, so only complaint! Santa was good to me! :)

Gifts aren't the reason for the season, to be sure, but I do hope that you all found a little guilty pleasure under the tree or in the mail or from a loved one! After all, we ALL deserve a treasure now and again and we all need to be kind to ourselves!

I don't set new years resolutions, however I saw a video yesterday from a wonderful artist that I follow and it really struck a cord with me! Tamara LaPorte or Willowing as we all know her, who does Life Book each year (still haven't done one yet), is such an inspirational artist and one who encourages the artist to be kind to themselves and to let their inner self come through on the page through their art! She is really an inspiration! Anyway, the video she posted really resonated with me as a sometime self critical artist and I encourage you to watch it if you at all have trouble with that from time to time. So all in all, my "not" new years resolution is to be kinder to myself in 2021 and be more forgiving of myself with my art when it doesn't always "look" like what my tiny mind thinks it should look like and to definitely STOP comparing myself to other artists! I am who I am and that's ENOUGH!! And guess what.....YOU are who you are and that is ALSO ENOUGH! Just BEAUTIFUL YOU!!!

Happy New Year to you all and thank you for allowing me to come on this beautiful WOYWW art journey with you! Most of all thank you all for your friendships!!! Here's looking at an AWESOME 2021!!



Blessings!

29 comments:

  1. So sorry the palette you really wanted didn't arrive Felicia. At least you managed to get a refund but still, it must be very frustrating. You are organised starting your February ATCs already. Glad you had a lovely family Christmas. We were only allowed to mix with one other household on the day so it's lucky that our two eldest boys share a house (youngest is still at home). Stay safe, happy WOYWW and Happy New Year. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, no worries Sarah, I was extremely blessed for the holidays, but yes very frustrating! I hope to be MORE organized in 2021, we shall how see how that pans out! LOL Yes that was very lucky for you guys! But glad you got so share that time with them!! Happy New Year to you Sarah and thanks for coming around! :)

      Delete
  2. Shame that you were missing the one set of colours you wanted but hope you can get it now you have your refund. I wasn't allowed to mix with anyone here, so you were very lucky. take care and stay safe. Happy new year. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in Helen! My family has been extremely blessed during the whole "pandemic" and it's a shame for those that who were not as fortunate as us during the holidays!! You take care as well and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I’m so glad you had such an amazing Christmas with the family, your mom must have been so happy to be with you all - that’s the one thing we’ve all learned this past year, nothing is as important as the people we love, be it family or friends. You had some great arty presents but I’m sorry about the palette mixup, that’s just annoying - the porcelain mixing plate is really lovely, you’ll enjoy using that! You’re so right about just having a go at things and not being too self critical, I read about something called Do It Badly, which basically means just have a go at something and don’t worry if it’s not perfect, it’ll get better with practise. I like that!
    Happy New Year to you and yours Felicia,
    HUgs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jan, mother was extremely happy to be with us as we were with her!! Santa was extremely good to me this year, so I really can't complain, but sure would have loved to have it! So, we shall see if I can make it happen soon! Goodness knows, I probably don't "need" another palette...ha ha....but hey, I live on the edge! LOL I love the "Do it Badly" idea!!! That may have to be my mantra for 2021!!! In a good way, that is!!! It's all a learning process and I'm trying to get better!! Thanks for coming by Jan and I pray you and yours have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a great Christmas with your family, Felicia and lucky that you were able to kidnap your mum/mom from the nursing home. I'm sure she had the time of her life and these memories will be precious for everyone. Lucky you for getting spoiled - I had to spoil myself, but at least I got what I wanted! I adore those watercolours - I've looked them up we have them here too, but I think they're shipped from the US. I'm hoping that with the trade deal we'll get more US stuff over here. I certainly would like that! It's a bummer that your favourite set was missing from your order - and then they argued about it? So annoying! That's why I like ordering directly from Amazon - they probably see how much money we have spent in the last 15 years with them (a LOT!) and they never make a fuss about any refunds, replacements or returns. I hope you get that set in the end - it looks lovely! I totally relied on Lifebook back in 2015/2016 - it was truly a lifesaver! Since then , I think I have grown out of it a little - not artwise, obviously, but in terms of finding the courage, confidence and my own voice and the mental health aspects. It did help me a lot back then. I even wrote to Tam saying it should be renamed LifeBoat (someone accidentally called it that) because it really felt like I was in a safe lifeboat in the big, scary ocean of life! So I will always be thankful to Tam for my sanity in those days! In a way it made me what I am today but now I'm strong enough to stand on my own feet! The yearlong course was a big commitment as well but it was so worth it! Wishing you and your family a joyful, healthy and prosperous new year, Felicia! Here's to a better 2021! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zsuzsa, you are toooo funny, Lifeboat I am sure would be it for so many!! You know what, that's ok too!! Art seems to be a "rescue" for so many and for good reason! When you get to express yourself through your art, it's so therapeutic!! And for some it has been a lifeboat for their lives that seemed to be tanking!! I have never been in that situation, but I can say that I have found my voice through my art! I was such a harsh critic of myself growing up and had such a low self esteem, for lot's of reasons (let's not go into that! LOL) but as I grew older and found my spirituality that changed. But then, when I found art, it just ratcheted it up a notch for me. I was so freeing, and then I was willing to try anything! I still have a tendency to compare my art from time to time, so I really have to watch it! That's what I liked about Tam's video! She's such a neat gal to me! I can see how one could get burnt out on a yearlong commitment, that is probably why I have never signed on for it! I want my art to be fun and free, not taxing, or else why am I doing it! That's why I also like the ATC challenges because their small and it don't get so stressed over them! Well, I have gone on and on...LOL Thanks, as always, for stopping by Zsuzsa and most of all for your friendship! I just connected the other day with some other "arters" that I have known for about as long as you that I met on the Google+ platform and we were talking about those days!! Seems like yesterday! But as I told them.....art friends last beyond platform moves!! We are a "cool" kind of folk, dontcha think??? LOL Blessings to you and yours and again Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Oh pickle about the 3rd pallet not arriving and the one you originally wanted too! Love the porcelain pallet, intriguing shape. Oh and the OCDness about having to do ALL, I can feel for that! Big time.
    Yes I remember 50 also but far nearer 60 now too!

    Loving colours like you do, the gradient jigsaw was quite straight forward doing the edges but not so sure about the rest but all sorted colour wise so set to go.

    Happy New Year BJ#10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ, thanks for stopping by!!! I hate my OCDness sometimes, but then we folk like that tend to get things done! LOL 50 was great, but you know, I think 60 will be EVEN BETTER!!! Life has a way of being like a fine wine...ages better and better! Or at least that is what I keep telling myself! LOL Thanks again for stopping by and Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  6. Hi Felicia, I had a similar online shopping experience but with eBay. I ordered a small plastic storage container with spools. I received a tape measure (which was shown in the item picture, but not mentioned in the description). When I advised them, and sent the requested picture of the package - they credited me half the amount I paid! I told them I did not need another tape measure, and definitely not happy at being charged 50%, so they eventually credited in full, but what a hassle! Very frustrating that that one you didn't receive, was the one that you really really wanted! Hope you get your palette soon! So pleased you were able to spend the whole weekend with your mum, as you say the quarantine definitely worth it! It seems extra special this year to spend time with our families - goodness knows when we will be able to do that again. We've just entered another period of lockdown with more restrictions. Thanks for your virtual friendship this year and I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year. Have a lovely week, hugs Heather xx #30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heather, ANOTHER period of lockdown! How disappointing!!! Goodness, can we just all get over this mess!!!???? I hope and pray 2021 sees this thing going away and soon!!! Lord with the eBay debacle!! Gosh, that is soooo worse than mine!! I would have been fit to be tied!! I guess that's what we get for ordering online, but these days, that's all we do!! I haven't ordered on eBay very much, it seems a little more scary to me than Amazon, but in reality, we at ALLLL their mercies!!! LOL Thanks for stopping by and your virtual friendship as well! I love our "arty" group and I pray your new year is filled with lots of joy and health! Blessings

      Delete
  7. I think the best gift you all could have had was knowing that your mother was with you - how wonderful for her and everyone.
    Here's to a better year ahead than the one we have just had. Keep crafting, blogging and stay safe, happy and well.
    Hugs, Neet 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neet, you are EXACTLY right! We were so extremely blessed to have her with us! These times are seeing so much uncertainty, so every chance is a blessing!! I agree, here's to a better year for us ALL! Thank you so much for stopping by and Happy, Happy New Year to you! Blessings

      Delete
  8. We are so lucky to have the crafting, it's a great distraction for sure. Pleased to hear you got a chance to spend time with your mum, it's a sad time for us all but especially older people. I have a little gift of my pwn on it's way by post! Fingers crossed that I carry on with the Christmas card ideas too. Hoping for a better New Year. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, we ARE so lucky to have crafting! You know, I can't imagine my life without my crafting and interacting with all my online arty friends! It brings me joy in what, at times, seems to be a joyless world!! Our elders across the world are really suffering during these times and it all sees so unfair, so ANY chance we get to see her or have a Zoom Meeting with her, we do!! She's our treasure! Mush on with your cards! I aim to get it all do soon this year! LOLOL We shall see though, won't we! HA HA Blessings to you and thanks for stopping around! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. I shall have a look at that video later. Sorry you had a missing palette, I had a leaking pot of gesso in my parcel! What a mess! Wishing you a happy and healthy new year Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh my gosh....the leaking pot of gesso WOULD have been a mess! And I don't deal well with messes! LOL That OCD really would have kicked in!!! Thanks for stopping in Angela and here's to a very Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  10. Online shopping is a minefield. Sorry you got stung. What a hassle. I am signed up for LifeBook this year, as the taster sessions were so inspirational - I hope all the portraits don't dampen my enthusiasm. I suck at faces :)
    Happy (almost) 2021!
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Mary Anne, I am so glad you stopped in! I don't know if you saw my last post, but I love your blog, I just can't ever comment on there! I have tried several ways only to be foiled each time! So just know, I stop by even if I don't get to comment!!! I hope you enjoy LifeBook and look to see some great creating on your blog out of it!! The portraits have always been the scary bit to me (I suck at faces too! LOL) and maybe a little why I haven't signed up for it, but I will have to get over that at some point and time won't I! LOL Thanks again for stopping by and a very Happy New Year to you! :) Blessings

      Delete
  11. I remembered the gel pens, I had to relook at a few posts because, of course, I couldn’t remember who had said it :) I just wanted to tell you what I did with mine. I had a stack of gel pens that were not working properly- so annoying! Anyway, I had quite a few empty face cream mini pots so I used pliers to pull off the pen end, blew down the other end and emptied the ink in the pots. You can tap them onto paper and use direct from there, but the amount isn’t controllable. I did some lovely backgrounds that way as it had a great shimmer to it. I did mine a few years ago and it is still usable, I put some in those tiny jam jar, but they dried out as they are not airtight. If you have a bag ready for the pen ends and the empty pens it’s not that messy. Otherwise they would have gone in the bin. Of course all gel pens may not be the same! Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Angela, THANK YOU for stopping back in and helping me out with that! I will have to definitely try that! I just hate throwing away something that I spent so much money on and barely used!!! At least this way I can still get a use out of them!! You are so sweet to come back by! Thanks so much again! Many Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  12. We must have the same sort of luck, the things I most want are always the ones out of stock or held in customs for months and months at least you have some nice new colours and a fabulous palette to play with those watercolour washes. Sounds like a super Christmas with family and to finish off with a little art play is just a dream to me.
    Tam is a very kind and thoughtful artist, I was gifted Lifebook 2021 for my Birthday i'm looking forward to taking time out to play at my own pace in the New Year ahead.
    Sending blessings your way for a healthy and safe 2021 creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh no, not another person with my luck!!! LOL In NEVER fails with me, it's ALWAYS something!! I guess that's what makes life so interesting Tracey!!! LOL I do still have some pretty nice palettes even without that one, but I'll get it eventually!! You KNOW how we "art people" are! LOL WOW gifted LifeBook 2021!! Go YOU!! How awesome! You enjoy that Tracey! I can't wait to see all of your amazing work as a result!! Blessings to you arty friend for a New Year and health! Stay safe as well!

      Delete
  13. Love the colours that you do have and hope you are able to get the ones that you really want soon. Glad you had a nice Christmas with your family. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. Praying for a happy and blessed New Year for you and yours. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#16)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much Caro!! You are good! I'm behind on responding to everyone!! LOL It was a busy week at work for me and couldn't get to everyone! Thank you, as always, for stopping in and I pray blessings for you New Year as well!!! Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  14. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas!
    sorry about your vicissitudes with Amazon - but it was a good read!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Update on here in Victoria – after more than two months with no Covid cases we now have a handful again…
    Susan #15
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!



    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice busy desk, Felicia. I'm glad you were able to have some family time over Christmas. Sorry to hear about your Amazon woes - I've never had any problems with them, except that my new lamp was supposed to have a dimmer switch and doesn't, but I couldn't be bothered to pack it all up again and send it back!

    Happy belated WOYWW and New Year and God bless,
    Shoshi x #25

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Felicia!
    Happy New Year!
    Your desk is a sign of real creativity taking place! Sorry about your problems with the Amazon seller! I had an Amazon order that was delivered by the USPS (they are not having their best year.) They left the box outside my garage in the pouring rain. Of course it was soaked and the products inside were also very wet. I contacted Amazon and talked to the nicest young man. I told him that I did not get a notification from Alexa that the package had been delivered and it was also showing on Amazon that the order was "Out for Delivery. He did not ask me to send anything, he said as soon as the post office reported the delivery, he would send replacement items. I told him the ink cartridges were fine and that I only needed the paper replaced. He sent an email with his information and a confirmation of the need for replacement. He also emailed and called me (7am) when USPS finally reported the delivery. My replacement items arrived in two days and included in the package was a beautiful PVC planner cover. Today, I noticed that Amazon had also refunded my money. I think it depends on the seller and the CSR with whom you speak!

    I think COVID-19 has become a crutch for a lot of people in many areas of life.

    Stay safe and be well!

    Chana Malkah, #1

    ReplyDelete