Wednesday, February 3, 2021

WOYWW #609

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends!!!! Is it February ALREADY??????? My mind simply cannot wrap my head around that!!! I was just wrapping Christmas gifts!!! I truly believe I live in some kind of time warp that has many stops, twists, and turns, but ultimately just keeps blazing me forward with a "no brake" option!!! LOL When I was a kid, all I wanted to do was "grow up" and it seemed like I NEVER would!! Now I am ALL GROWN UP and the merry go round won't stop turning! Aren't we fickle creatures!! LOL It's a good thing God is not shocked by my idiocy and provides a light at the end of that time warp, to where, I believe, I will understand all this craziness in the snap of a finger! Thank you Lord for care and protection as I bumble along time warp through life! LOL

Well speaking of time warp, it's time to warp on over to the lovely Julia's blog and share what's on all our desks this week! Her special place is one of those stops on the warp where we can share creativity, make friends and glean from others' amazing talents!! Thanks Julia being our gracious host! 

My desk is a hot mess that can't fit another thing on it, therefore I will only be showing close-ups of my projects! LOL It's killing the OCD side of my and she don't like it! LOLOL This past week was a flurry to get a gift done for my beautiful sister-in-law who just happens to be my "bestie!" We have walked many a mile together she and I. Most of those miles have been great times together and some were hard times, but through it all she has been my constant source of bestie advice, even if it hurt a little, and amazing friendship and love!! They say if you have at least one of those in a lifetime, you are blessed. And so I AM!!

My ex-husband is her husband's brother, so naturally, we did a lot together! Not only were we besties, but we were camping buddies. When I was married, we had a camper and so does she and her hubby and we went on trips everywhere! Camping is one of my greatest joys next to arting. I miss it terribly and all the good times we had!! I am a hiker, and we all had some great hiking times as well! I no longer have my beloved camper, but this Christmas my boss got me a ten-man tent, so guess who can't wait to get back out to my lovely adventures with my bestie!!!! My girls and their boyfriends are also ready to get back in the saddle with their fun Aunt Ang, as they call her!! I have been gathering camping items for about a year (hubby got the camper when we split, so I had to start over), so a trip is in the plans! Yayyyy! Happy trails once again!


Anywho, before I got sidetracked, LOL, here is her gift that I worked on
last week. She recently lost her precious, precious mother to COVID, so I made this for her Birthday in memory of her mother. Would I could, I'd give her the moon, she deserves all that and more!! Her favorite line to me is "I love you more than a hog loves slop," and so I love her completely right back......oink oink! LOL 
Memory Cross

I will also now show you my February ATC's for my a3atcswap over on Amy's Art Alchemy on Instagram. I don't like showing them until I know she has gotten them and has had time to look at them first hand. Weird, I know, but there you go.  This month I obviously did the theme of love, although she doesn't put themes on them, you just do what you want, but "love" is an easy one to do because who doesn't love LOVE!!! LOL I had lot's of fun doing them. 

February Swap Fun!

These were "true" mixed media this month as I used acrylics, watercolor, dip pen and ink, ephemera, fibers, stamping and embossing. I just pulled out all the goodies this month! LOL It really was fun and I'm already planning my April cards!!




Well, that's it for me this week crafty friends! I am amidst a deadline at work, so I will try to get to as many of your desks as I can!! Many blessings to you ALL and as always, stay safe and healthy!!

Happy WOYWW!!!

18 comments:

  1. Well, two things strike me immediately. Your beautiful tribute to your bestie, and erm, your boss bought you a very large tent for Christmas. When I was at work, we would give each other poinsettias and bath products!! So sorry to hear about aunt Ang’s dear Mum, how very sad. Your beautiful cross will be a long remembered gift of love. It’s stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how big a 10 man tent is! We've been saving for a camper van and now we're ready to start trying some out but of course we can't. I love the variety in your ATC swaps but my favourite is the little guy fishing. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cross is beautiful, what amazing work, and a lovely meaningful gift for such a special person. I love your ATC's, what a lovely eclectic mix.
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana xx #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. a ten man tent? wow. hope you get to use it soon... the finished cross for your bestie is just beautiful. love the atcs too. take care, stay safe. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Felicia!
    Your memory cross is absolutely stunning!
    I have a SIL who has been my bestie from the moment we met! I truly know that when I married her brother, I actually did gain another sister.

    I love your ATCs they are such adorable little works of art. I have only made two or three in my years of crafting. You have inspired me to give them another try!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, #32

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great ATC’s, love those little birds, and of course, your cross is just beautiful. Have a great week Angela #17

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope you get to have many adventures in your new tent, I do love camping but sadly my back does not so we have a little campervan that's really seen better days but Polly does the job for our needs each year although last year she like us did not see much action hee hee. Your created cross is fantastic, are the dots paint or sweet little gems? So delicately designed and such a thoughtful gift for your bestie, covid has taken so many precious people from us all. Your ATC's are awesome!!
    Sending creative wishes your way, Happy WoywW Tracey #35

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely ATCs Felicia and a loving beautiful gift for your bestie. Enjoy your new camping adventures together! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Felicia. That is some tent! It sounds huge... how many folks are going with you??? I confess I am not into camping these days - an age thing!! If I get down there, I may never get up... But I love towing our touring caravan - alas, it only got used once last year - maybe this year will be better. The ATCs are great - well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ATCs - so diverse! I am sure this is the 2nd cross like this I have seen on WOYWW this week. Unless I am remembering seeing one on your blog sometime. Can't recall who it was, but as you travel across WOYWW-land, keep your eyes peeled...

    hope you had a Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific cards, and the cross turned out beautiful. Hooray for planning a trip camping ~ good for you! Enjoy the weekend ahead, Love, Karen#27

    ReplyDelete
  12. Felicia, hi, I haven't been around for a few weeks (taking a bit of a break) but I thought I'd check out what you've been up to! Your cross is simply mind-blowingly beautiful! What a thoughtful present for your bestie. The ATCs are like little mini works of arts as well! So sorry that your camping adventures had to be put on hold for a while - it must have been so hard to adjust to the new circumstances, but that's life, I guess. I'm sure you'll make wonderful new memories and adventures in your camping tent - just stay away from those grizzly bears! Have a lovely weekend - hopefully, I'll be back blogging next week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is lovely that you and your sister in law are such good friends, Felicia. The cross you have made for her is so beautiful, and she is bound to be really touched by such a special gift in memory of her mother. What a lot of lovely cards! I am sure you will get back to your camping adventures eventually. We used to have a lot of camping holidays when I was a child but I never enjoyed camping that much - it always seemed to rain!! Also I'm not very brave about creepy crawlies and they would always find their way into our tent.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #15

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its great that you made the cross in memory of your sister in laws mother, , you have made a lot of lovely cards,

    Take care and stay safe,

    Lilian B #12

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous simile! Super cross!
    Great ATCs too...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    I am hoping to visit everyone this week – unfortunately last week I just couldn’t make it…
    Susan #8
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!



    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I missed your last weeks or this weeks post, time again caught up with me! Althought I'm sure I did say something about your ATC's as I used to do a lot of them years back! Stay safe, Keep on crafting! Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #26!

    ReplyDelete