Wednesday, June 9, 2021

WOYWW#627

Happy Wednesday all my crafty friends!!  I'm coming round to share the hot mess on my desk this morning and to link up with all you amazing crafters over on Julia's Stamping Blog to see your digs as well!! If you somehow miraculously found yourself here come on over and show us your digs as well! LOL

Well my friends, I am at home today a little under the weather.  It has been coming on me for a couple of weeks, but as I am a sho-nuf never want to go to the doctor kind of girl, I have put it off until I just can't take it anymore.  My self-diagnosis is pleurisy because I have had it before and if you have had it, you KNOW that it is quite painful!  I have been "managing" it with home remedies, but I think I started the self-managing too late and now it has rocked on to the point that it hurts to have a bra on! You KNOW it's serious when the bra hurts!!!!! LOLOLOL  Although, to be quite honest, I hate wearing that contraption anyway!! I mean, I get why they invented it, but I'm all about freedom! LOLOL


So here is the hot mess I call my desk this morning. I am working feverishly to get my two sets of ATC Swaps in the mail and to their destination by the 15th.  I'm still behind from all the fun and festivities and vacay for several weeks.  The price you pay right????  Mostly it's all bits and pieces and LOTS of glue everywhere because I'm just like a kid when it comes to the glue, I get it EVERYWHERE! LOL  But you can see the one set of ATC's I'm working on in the middle and then to the left are the other set drying on the backside.  I will post photos next week after I have sent them off.

Speaking of sending off........all of my UK Swappers will be happy to know that I FINALLY got your swaps in the mail and they are coming your way!! I do not claim to know how over the pond mailing goes so your guess is as good as mine!! LOL But hopefully you should get it by the first of next week.  I do have a couple leftover so if anyone still would like to swap, I'm happy to do so. Better late than never, I say! LOLOL

And for more swapping news, I received ALL my lovey ATC Swaps from you beautiful UK crafters!! I was so stoked as each and every envelope arrived!!!  So below will be MANY photos of all the gorgeousness!!  As I have discussed before, I STINK at photo taking, so each and every piece was MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL than these photos!! One day, I will learn how to work my phone! LOL  So now, in no particular order, my goodies!
Beauties from Zsuzsa!!!

First up is the gorgeousness from my long-time craft friend Zsuzsa!  I am fortunate enough to have other beautiful goodies from Zszusa from past swaps in my stash, so these were great additions!! She never fails to make colors just leap off the page!! I don't know what her process is, but her pieces are always smooth as butter to me and the colors just pop!! I'm not sure where the home on the postcard is, but I LOVE it! I'm a sucker for period homes and buildings and the UK has always been on my bucket list just to go visit period buildings and castles. I just have to show the close-ups of everyone's goodies:

LOVE the butterflies!

Pinks and butterflies just go together!

I have been coveting her tea bags!!! Yay me!!!!

Next out of the gate are my goodies from Jan!! I would love to be standing in that postcard! Just gorgeous! And I LOVE the ATC! when she was making them, I was secretly hoping I got one! LOL

Goodies from Jan!!

Watercolor goodness!!

Lastly are my yummy swaps from Jo and Annie!! They came together and it was such a joy to open! The card that Annie made was super cute and fun. She wrote a very clever poem on the inside, it was so sweet!  Jo's felted piece was amazing!! I have been following her daughter's felting for quite a few years (it obviously runs in the family! LOL) and have a purchase of one of her pieces on my bucket list! I can't imagine the time it took to do Jo, but it's simply gorge!

Goodies from Jo & Annie!!


Gorgeous card that Annie made

Annie's super cute watercolor & doodles

Jo's amazing felt ATC

Ladies, I can't express my joy and gratitude enough! I love each and every one of your creations and they each have a special spot in my ATC booklet.  The swaps are brilliant but the friendships with everyone in our Stamping Ground group means so much more!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Well, I think I have taken up about enough geographics today!  I will try my best to get around today, but I am FINALLY going to the doctor about this nonsense and I don't know about over the pond, but here in the states, when you go to the doctor, you wait forever in the "waiting room," and then they call you back to your room and then you "hurry up and wait" some more!!! So who knows how that adventure will be today!!

Again thank you all my wonderful friends for the happy mail love!! Have an awesome rest of the week all!!

Blessings


15 comments:

  1. A fab and interesting post - your hot mess desk isn't so bad. AND OMG I adore that dragonfly tea bag. Really stunning. And seeing all the swaps from people I didn't manage to swap with myself is always the most fun, even if it might be tinged with a slight hint of envy lol!

    Back from my first real HAIRCUT in 18 months - truly a HAPPY WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I hate to burst your bubble but it's in the nicest way.... LOL you are not yet in receipt of all your UK ATCs - I finally managed to get to the post office on Saturday, so there is at least one still in transit to you.... heheheh

    A lovely collection indeed though! And I have one of Jo's - or her daughter's - felted pieces on the wall in my bathroom. A lovely little beach scene, nicely framed. I must remember to take a photo of it some time!

    Happy WOYWW
    Morti x
    #27

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Felicia please do not leave it any longer my Hubby has suffered from pleurisy many times has he has emphysema and has been hospitalised twice when it turned to pneumonia, extremely painful, do not leave it for one more second, get the help you need so you are fighting fit again.
    What beautiful happy mail you received from across the miles, all such talented ladies. I'm sure they made you feel much better when your eyes first came to see them.
    Wishing you sunshine & a very happy WoywW Hugs Tracey 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it has arrived! I always have irrational fears like the address label has fallen off or the ink on it has smudged in the rain and it can not be delivered - that sort of thing. Mind you, I was just delivered an order in a bubble envelope which somehow must have got ripped along the way and everything fell out of it - the postman delivered me an empty envelope with only the packing list inside! So perhaps my fears are not so irrational! Lovely goodies received from everyone and I LOVE what's going on on your desk! Laughed at your "contraption" remark - that's exactly how I think of bras - I only wear them when absolute necessary - which is why I love working from home! Seriously though, you need to go see a doctor! You might need antibiotics. Hope it gets better soon - it doesn't sound much fun! Enjoy your week (once you get that checked out!) Hugs xx zsuzsa #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. That desk is a bit of a hot mess, but it has a ton of great products on it. I would LOVE to come craft with you one day. I love the butterfly paperclips and the stamps on your desk. It was great to see the ATCs and postcards, and also up close and personal. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleurisy isn’t fun, I should know as I’ve had it, it’s very painful, hopefully you’ve got some meds by now that will kick in soon. I’m so glad the ATC got there ok, I’m very pleased that something I’ve made is now in Georgia! The desk wins you Messiest of the Week, but a5 least you’ve been having fun!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry you are not well and hope that you get help and recover soon! Good to see you received some gorgeous atcs. Have a very happy week - once you are better!! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds nasty and hope you're feeling better soon. Great collection of ATCs which should make you feel a bit better. Messy desk? love it! Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope and pray that you are feeling better soon Felicia and that all those ATCs manage to get finished. You have received some beauties! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness I hope you get some good and fast treatment for your chest - I've heard how nasty pleurisy can be. Lots of lovely ATCs this week and I'm especially jealous of your tea bag!! Bye for now, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you are not well, I do hope you are better soon. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Felicia - the ATC's are all just lovely arent they :) I am just popping by - hope you have a fabulous week - Cheers Maurs xxx #35

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear you are under the weather, and hope the DR has sorted you out as I am very late posing this week,

    what lovely post you had, Take care and stay safe, Lilian B #10

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely lot of happy mail, Felicia. I am so sorry to hear you've been so poorly - very wise to go to the doctor in the end. I hope you are now on the mend. I had pleurisy once and it was some of the worst pain I'd ever experienced - literally took my breath away!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #9

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Felicia, slowly getting round this week - nearly there! Thanks for your earlier visit and your best wishes for mum - she is now home and we are trying to get her 'fit' for surgery. Quite how we are supposed to do that I don't know! Hope your dr's visit got you some relief, pleurisy sounds horrible (I am so with you n the bra - best of theday is when that bad boy comes off). Szusza's work is so lovely, and she is sooo productive too! Hope you get all your other ATCs done, I am hopeless with deadlines, always right up to the line however many times I tell myself that ain't gonna happen. Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindy xx #18

    ReplyDelete