Wednesday, November 18, 2020

WOYWW #598

Well, good Wednesday all my crafty friends!!  This is coming to you late today, which is a saying something since I didn't participate AT ALL last week!!! LOL  Needless to say, it has been a very busy two weeks for me. Working in government, as I do, it gets testy at times and sometimes a bit of a frenzy.  Fortunately for me, I didn't really have anything to share last week, so I didn't feel too bad! LOL

This week, I don't really have any finished products to share, but I will share the embarrassment of my messy desk! I didn't take a "close up" shot because there are things on there that I am in the midst of that I don't want to reveal as of yet, but of course, zoom has its advantages! LOL

What a nightmare!!!!!!

At the front of my desk, I am working on my December ATC's for my International Art Alchemy Swap over on Instagram.  To the left of those, you will see the stack of "Project Christmas" goodies.  You will also see one at the back of the desk.  I am working here and there on those. It has turned out to be a slow go because, as usual, I choose to do something that tends to be a little challenging!! It's never anything simple!!! LOL  Mind you, it's all great ideas, but I just get a little over-ambitious sometimes! LOL  Good thing is, I usually plug away until I skid in, in the ninth hour!! I thought we were supposed to get wiser as we got older?????? LOLOL  It's all in great fun and I wouldn't have it any other way if truth be told!

Again, working in local government as I do, we have seen so much devastation lately, on a public level as well as a personal level. Unfortunately, I have seen quite a few close personal losses to this terrible pandemic! I am literally quite fed up with it all! I know that we all are globally, but when it hits home, it even more frustrating.  I think the most frustrating part of it all is that there is no sense in it all! No sense and no need for all these beautiful people to have their lives cut short to something like this!!  Sadly, family and friends don't even get to see their loved one before they pass, which is the thorn in the flesh as Paul says in the Bible!

I know there are so many hurting people around the world and you, reader, may be one of them.  I want to encourage you all, that God's Word strengthens us and helps us keep our peace and joy in times like these.  It's hard NOT to see the things going on around us in these perilous times, but if we keep ourselves focused on God's Word and His promises therein, it pays off spiritually.

Too often people focus on their problems or the problems of this world instead of meditating on God's promises. As they do, their problems seem to get bigger, and God's power diminishes. I encourage you today to NOT let the enemy control your thoughts and steal your joy! Listen, no matter what is going on around us, albeit disease, crazy weather conditions, voting in elected officials, or the loss of dear loved ones, God is STILL God and He still sits high on His throne!! It doesn't make Him any less powerful or loving, BUT our response to those circumstances do!! 

God blessed me with these two verses this morning to keep close to my heart and I pray they will bless you as well:

I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is FULLNESS of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

I pray you all have a fantastic Wednesday and hopefully join us over on Julia's blog with your own desking. I hope to get around to you all today!  Blessings for the rest of your week!!!

Happy Crafting!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Felicia, missed you last week! Love your crafty messiness - don't worry, no judgement here! Mine's even worse! I think we're all tired of the pandemic and the restrictions, although I must say I quite enjoy working from home, so if I could keep just one thing that would be it. Love that picture with the heart - so symbolic! Wouldn't it be fun to meet on Zoom? I'll just have to find something to do that's not too messy. But everything I do is messy LOL! Take care my faraway friend - sending you virtual hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend!! Thanks for the love! LOL I think our desks reflect our crafty minds!!! LOL Let's just let that be our story anyway! LOL I am so glad you get to work from home! Initially, in the first wave of the pandemic, I was able to work from home as well, but we eventually came back to the physical building. The building is still closed to the public, which quite frankly, I am glad of due to my health issues, but I was glad to come back to work. Home time was good, but I kind of got sick of myself after awhile! LOLOL I need interaction and a sense of purpose and a schedule. I do better in that arena!!! I'm like a kid.....got to have order or I get a little out of hand. And when I say out of hand, I mean LAZY!!!! LOL I hope to make the zoom meeting, but we shall see. My schedule, even on the weekends, these days seems to be chaotic. My girls keep me running! Fingers crossed!!!! I am sending virtual hugs right back to you as well my friend!! Many blessings to you today and the rest of the week! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Loving your busy desk today. I can't believe how some people are carrying on as though everything is normal but I think until you loose someone from your own family it's maybe difficult to relate to it. Having lost my father in April and having a mother who is 92 you can imagine that we are more than aware of what's going on. When we walk in the park we always move over to let people pass but rarely get a thank you and at least half the people we pass are never willing to move over for us even though we are often much older than them. All this makes me feel quite sad so I absolutely understand how you must feel in your job. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sooooooo agree! Things are definitely NOT normal and not sure if and when they will be again?? I am so sorry for your recent loss of your father. I recently lost mine as well and I miss him daily. My mother is in a nursing home and we have not been really able to see her since March save for a few "15 minute" sessions at the home. We miss her and I know she misses us. I went weekly to visit, so its been difficult!! I really hate the situations you have found yourself in from time to time. It's almost like everyone has lost a sense of morals, respect, values and purpose!! When did we forget how to be human beings and love our fellow man?? All I can do for my part is pray for this whole world to come to its senses!! Angela, thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your heart!! Many blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. It must be very hard at times working in the government during the pandemic, it’s affecting so many people. Crafting is a good way of coping with the stress xx
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too right Jan!! It's hard also at times because even working in the local government, we feel like our hands are being tied from the top!! People want answers and unfortunately we don't always have them. Lord help us all! Thank goodness for our love of crafting....you are right....it helps in so many ways! Thanks for stopping in! Many blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  4. Great desk, very busy! I am very messy... well I spread out a lot... hopefully work will settle some time (we can dream!) take care stay safe and thanks for visiting. helen #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen!! Yes, I am VERY messy and often have things spread OUT ALL OVER THE ROOM!!! LOLOL Thank you so much for stopping in and you stay safe and healthy as well!!! Many Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see a busy desk,
    It is funny that today I had a phone call from an old friend someone I was at school with, not spoken to her in a while. She informed me she had had Covid and then said about her brother having it and being hospitalised. She then asked if i knew anyone who had had it - my answer was "just you". Thankfully at the moment I don't know of anyone who has had it apart from this friend and her family members. So glad about that and hope it never changes.
    Hugs, Neet 10 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neet, you are so very lucky!! It seems like I hate to start another day because I wonder whos next? It's really such a sad situation and my heart reaches out to all those who have lost someone!! I hope that never changes for you as well!! Thank you for stopping in and MANY blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for reminding us of God's promises, Felicia. Such encouraging verses. It's all too easy to get over-anxious about what's going on in the world and we need to remind ourselves that God is always in charge, and all things are working according to His greater purpose and that good will prevail in the end.

    You've got a busy desk there! I hope you are not finding work too much of a strain at the moment, and are able to unwind and relax with a bit of creativity at home.

    Thank you for your lovely comment, and I'm thrilled that you want to join in the giveaway. Who knows, my needle book may be winging its way to the USA before too long! Funny that you've just got new glasses, too. Unfortunately our frames and lenses are not paid for at all by the NHS (OK, I think you can still get cheap grotty ones on the NHS) but the eye test itself is free, which is good. New glasses are sooo expensive these days! I'm determined to make these new ones last at least as long as the old ones!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed my bit of family kitty history! I must dig out some old photos and scan them because I haven't covered all the kitties we've had over the years. I don't have so many pictures of the earlier ones which were in the pre-digital era. Each one of them was much loved and they all had their own individual little personalities and funny little ways!

    Happy WOYWW and God bless,
    Shoshi x #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoshi, I soooo agree!! I thank you for reminding me as well that His greater purpose and will prevail in the end! That is something we should remind ourselves daily!! :)

      Yes ma'am, I hope it finds its way to the US, but whomever receives that beauty is the one its designated for!! If I've learned anything in life, its that things happen as they should and that person needed that blessing at just that right time!! So we are to be blessed that others are blessed! But...I still have my fingers crossed! Hee Hee

      I TOTALLY get you on the glasses! My insurance helps pay for both the exam and the frames (every other year) even with that, it still runs no less than $400 for what I get! It's absurd what we have to pay to be healthy these days!! And I didn't even get fancy frames!!! LOLOL Like you however, these guys better last me!!! LOL

      I love furry babies and love seeing yours! Hugs and scratches to them both!! Thanks for stopping in Shoshi, it's ALWAYS a pleasure to hear from you! Many blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  7. Your desk sure does look busy, and I love the picture of the heart with the figure

    Take care and stay safe,

    Lilian B # 15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in Lillian!! That picture shows just how I feel about my Lord!!! I hope that busyness on my desk equates productivity! LOLOL Thanks again for stopping by and many blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  8. Better late than never Felicia. Love the long distance shot this week. I see you are another trolley fan! Hugs and best wishes to you as you go about your work. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel with good news about more than one vaccine trial. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fantastic verses to be given - uplifting indeed! I also love the photo you shared! Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#13)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It certainly is a trying time Felicia, your space looks busy and productive, thank goodness we have our crafting to escape to.
    Sorry the visit is so late, I'm a bit like the cow's tail this week... all behind!
    Chrissie #6

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m very late Felicia, sorry! You can’t scare me with that desk shot. I also think there’s a big difference between plain messy and a desk that’s getting on with it...you seem to have quite a few irons in the fire! I recognise the skidding in at the ninth hour too, and I don’t have to work any more, go figure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your busy desk!
    Sorry I am late again...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan Renshaw #23
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete