Wednesday, January 10, 2018

WOYWW #449

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! Happy New Year! I haven't posted since last year....hee hee hee! Honestly though, it seems like forever! It was a wonderful Christmas season for me and my family and a needed break from ALL things! It was extremely busy as well, so I got NO crafting done over the holidays! And as I took several weeks during the holidays for vacation, I have been extremely busy catching back up on all things at work and at home! BUT, alas, it is a new year and I have big plans for my art crafting!!!! Notice I didn't say "resolutions" in there anywhere!! My experience when I use that word is that it turns south not too long after I make any statements! LOLOL Therefore, I will just say "big plans," and see how that all turns out! LOL I'm super excited however for the things in my head to come out on paper, canvas, tags, ATC's, journals.....whatever comes my way! Yay 2018!!!

So it is another Wednesday and the FIRST in the wonderful WOYWW fun! Happy New Year to all my "desker" friends! LOL If you want to get in on the fun for 2018 with all of us "deskers," just jump on over to Julia's blog at Stamping Ground and play along this year! It will be fun and you will meet all sorts of LOVELY crafters just like YOU! :)

So as I mentioned, I haven't been crafting much so I will show you what is on my desk from my holiday blessings, either to me or for me! As some of you will remember the Raskog Cart was my big gift to myself, but I did get a little extra money from Santa and managed to purchase a few things that I had been wanting for myself. And it was a "yippee fest" for me as it came in the mail!
So first off on my yumminess to myself is the AMAZING "Create Your Life Book" book! I couldn't wait to get my hands on that guy!!! I have been wanting to do the Life Book Class for years and simply have not been able to for financial reasons. It's always right after Christmas when we are ALL sacked out on the money train, right??? I love Tam and her amazing talent and truly want to do the Life Book stint some time! Maybe next year? So since I couldn't manage it yet again, I vowed to get her book. And I got a great price on it! Let me just say it is a lovely, lovely book and I recommend anyone getting this book as a great addition to your art book stash! She is such an inspiration not only art wise, but also spiritually....no matter what your faith! Her words ring true across spiritual realms! I think she is somebody I could TOTALLY pal around with! LOL

The next thing I will point out is the Tachikawa dip pen holder and then you will see some nibs that I bought to go with it! I have so been wanting this holder and I made it happen at also a great price. I long loved dip pens and the amazing art you can do with them and so I haven taken on another art adventure lately that absolutely FORCED me to get this guy....hee hee hee! I will be posting some new crafting in the near future to show off this fancy guy! Additionally I have longggggg wanted that Pentel Graphgear 1000 mechanical Pencil!!! That guy is the bomb!! I have other cheapo mechanical pens, but I wanted the "daddy!" LOL I am so stoked about that! I also got some lead to go with

The other treasure on my desk is the Da Vinci Squirrel brush! It is a size 0 for the "small" watercolor painting that I have been doing lately! My intent is to get a whole set of squirrel brushes, but hey, I have to start somewhere! LOL I am so excited to break this brush in! Woop!

The other wonderful item on my desk is that Cloth Paper Scissors magazine! What makes that magazine so special is that a true Christmas Angel gifted me that subscription this year! This person, and you know who you are, is one of the most precious people I know! She is a true "angel" who continuously expresses the Father's love for His people through her art and service to others! "Thank You" simply doesn't seem enough, but I'm am grateful for her and to her for her act of kindness to me! I look forward to a year of inspiration out of this magazine! Yay me!!! :)
The other menagerie on my "still clean desk," ha ha is my yummy watercolor palette, some gorgeous india ink for dipping and some Altoid tins that I plan to do some mixed media crafting with. A small one holds my nibs and I want to "craft it up," LOL and others I want to do for gifts! Also there are a couple of packs of Faber Castell pens in grays and sepia for shading. 

That's pretty much it for me today guys! I hope to share some of finished craft goodies next week. I pray you all had a beautiful Christmas and I also pray for peace, joy and prosperity for your coming year! And, OF COURSE, lots of CRAFTY GOODNESS!!! :))))

Many blessings to you all! 

9 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your Life Book and other goodies. Happy New Year! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felicia. What an amazing collection of things for and after Christmas. Hope you enjoyed your good long break and now feel ready to tackle your Big Plans!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stuff, Felicia - and happy new year to you too! Sounds like you guys had a lovely time over Christmas. I've got Tam's book on my wish list too - it came out in the US sooner than here! Since I'm not doing LifeBook, the course this year, I'm going to buy the book instead. It will be great to see some of Tam's beautiful art in print for the first time. You're so right about her spirituality and I'm so glad you think that way because that's exactly how I see it too! Enjoy your goodies, Felicia - I hope all your plans and dreams come true in 2018! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Felicia - may it be full of fun, good health and adventures! I don't make resolutions either and for much the same reasons. Instead I'd rather think about directions I'd like to head towards. There is a difference!
    You got some wonderful presents and new stash - the pens especially caught my eye, you'll have to show the results when you use them.
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Feliciaa, happy new year. Thank you so much for the visit to mine. I am just managing to get round as the internet has been very slow this week. I had no idea there was a 'Life Book' must look for it. Hope you enjoy all your new goodies. Happy belated woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Felicia, I look forward to seeing what you create with your new crafting goodies. I haven't made any resolutions either for the same reasons as you, but I have chosen my creative word for the year. Last year was create, which I did in spades and this year it is dare! Have a great week. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing this post I want/need/must have that book too,think I am going to order it through her website,you receive a signed copy then,never done the online course and as I will be doing wanderlust already this year. Happy WOYWW vicky#15

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, your first WOYWW of the year is certainly full of enthusiasm! so glad you’ve managed to put nw and very happy stash into your collection, I just know it will all feature here soon...exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Beautiful!!! What a joyful post and fun stuff!! I look forward to seeing the fabulous things you will make!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete