Wednesday, April 28, 2021

WOYWW #621

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends!!! Here's hoping that you all are experiencing some beautiful spring action!!! As I mentioned before, we don't get spring here, only straight into summer for us Georgians, but this past Saturday it stormed like you wouldn't believe and Sunday was the day out of some National Geographic magazine! It was an absolutely picture perfect, blue sky, cool spring day outside and I lapped it up! I stayed on that back porch practically all day!!  It was a joy!! But as always, it passed, and rather quickly! Yesterday it was a rocking 85 and more around the corner!! LOL  But I will be thankful for that one beautiful spring day! LOLOL  

It's time to share what's going on our desks, so hop on over to our voyage maiden, Julia's Stamping Ground, and see what she's turning out and then share what's on yours!! As always, I will do my best to visit as many as I can!!

 So what's happening on my little workstation?  Well, right now I am in the midst of starting one of my commissions.  I had a friend that liked my watercolor flowers on book page so she asked would I do her some. OF COURSE!!!!! LOLOL Ask and ye shall receive!! The fact that someone would like it is astounding and then to ask for one is even more astounding, so YES, all day long! Of course, then.....you have to figure out what you are going to do!! LOLOL There's always something isn't there??? LOL  So I am going to do here a pair. One flower and one page leaves because she said she also likes leaves. So today, I will share the beginning stages of the flower. It's kind of a "tropically," so I will find some tropical leaves to go with it for the other one. Hopefully, things will turn out.

It's a start.....yayyy!!

I wanted to share the finished cross that I got in the mail yesterday to my sweet, sweet friend.  A couple of people have asked to I charge for my crosses and the answer is no. I love what I do and I do things for others as a blessing.  I would never know where to start with charging, so I choose not to. I figure God has blessed me with the provision to play at art, so I will bless someone with the outcome! Also, some have asked about the creating of the crosses. I use acrylic paint, specifically DecoArt because of the consistency of their paint and I use dotting tools to apply. I have several different kinds of dotting tools that I use. I decide on a pattern and then lightly draw the pattern on with a white charcoal pencil and then dot paint following the pattern. The leftover bits wipe right off with water so you don't see the lines. Lastly, I use a spray finish on it to seal and make it all glossy pretty!! LOL I think the hardest part is coining up with a pattern!! I'm sure I use a lot of the same patterns but I do try to mix it up so they don't all look alike! It's lots of fun. Time-consuming, but so worth it in the end!

Finished! More sparkle than can be seen, sadly!

Angled so as to see the dots!

I can now also share the second set of ATC's for another swap that I am involved in. Again, this swap doesn't have a theme, but I was still feeling the "spring theme" and went with that on this one as well. Can I just say again that my phone camera sucks wind (excuse my french) and these photos really don't show the amazing color on these guys. I was so pleased at how the color turned out. The pinks and blues were super rich and shiny, but you'd never know it by these photos!! Ugggh! Well, pretend that's what you are looking at!! LOLOL  I do love happy mistakes however and they were fun!!

Spring, with an awful camera dull color!! LOLOL

Well, I will leave you with this last photo. My sweet Abby strikes again...........

Isn't she lovely!!! XOXO

She is such a beautiful, thoughtful child and she never ceases to amaze and surprise me!! She's always bringing me a little something and these flowers were simply gorgeous!! She knows that my favorite flower is a stargazer lily and she always tries to find me some, She couldn't find any this time but there was some sort of "lilies" in this bouquet, so she was satisfied! LOL She has finished up her first semester of college on the Dean's List and I am so proud of her! She has decided to go through the summer to knock down her time quicker. Smart kid, and very much unlike me who barely made it through college!! LOLOL I think her smarts came from her Grammy (my mom) who went back to school as an adult and had a 4.0 all the way through. They say it skips a generation! LOLOL

Happy hump day to all you art lot and I hope your rest of the week is as brilliant as you all are!!

Blessings

12 comments:

  1. I hadn't realised that the crosses were composed of so many dots. Yes, on the patterny bits but the whole cross seems to be covered in them. What a work of art that is. Must take ages to make one. Well done to you.
    Love the atc's also and the painting. How thrilled you must have been to be commissioned to do a painting for someone. Congratulations,
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to receive a commission, that’s nice to hear - I’m not surprised, you’re very talented at lots of things. I hadn’t seen the dots pattern on crosses until you shared them, usually they’re pebbles or stones, but it works well. You obviously have a lot of patience to do all the dots, I know I’d end up throwing the paint etc out the window.
    Btw, ‘sucks wind’ is now my new favourite saying, lol!!!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your watercolour painting, and I'm not surprised your friend commissioned one, they are gorgeous. Your cross is fabulous, I've never heard of a dotting tool before but I guess they keep the dots a uniform size - I must Google that!
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana xx #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great atcs, Felicia. the cross is just beautiful, no wonder your friend wanted one too, how mice of you to not charge for a commission. Have a great week (next week's enabling arrived today!!) Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun post. In love the watercolor flower on the book page. AND that cross is simply Beautiful, Spring in Iowa has not arrived yet. 3 wks ago it was in the 70/80's that took a turn to 30/40's and we are missing rainfall and sunshine. Froze off my rhubarb and fern peony, DH covered his garden and it seems to be ok so far. the little Wrens came back today so maybe it will warm up. Have a great week #24

    ReplyDelete
  6. What absolutely gorgeous art work, Felicia - all of it. You are so talented! The crosses are beautiful - it must take ages to do all those dots. I love how they remain raised once dry - it's a great finish. Your ATCs are stunning too.

    Thank you for your sweet comment. The kitties are a constant source of amusement, aren't they! I was very amused at your comment - you are right - they will be getting a reputation! Lily is the worst - she's always been like that, spending about the same time on her back as she does on her feet. Our old Beatrice used to be like that, too. I'm glad you enjoyed my bit of fun with the ginger animals, too.

    Have a great week, and happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art work looks gorgeous and the flowers too. The ATCs look very impressive, lots of detail. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you lovely gal. Busy crazy as ever, I’m glad you’ve had a single spring day, you deserve it! It doesn’t matter if the cross painting patterns is the same because they aren’t really, and with a limited surface area there’s not a lot to play with IFYSWIM. Bet your friend was thrilled with your gifting one to her. I think your ATCs are tremendous and it makes me nervous for our anniversary swap to be honest, all that art on one teeny bit of card! Your daughter is a clever gal, impressed by her decision to keep going this summer. And of course her sweetness and kindness..it’s a learned behaviour, usually absorbed via the mama’s actions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful art work Felicia and the cross you sent to your friend is particularly beautiful. Well done Abby on such a successful first semester at college! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I know where to come for advice on ATCs! I've never done one before but I really want to take part in the swap for WOYWW and I always really love how much interest you have on yours. Good to see the cross from a slight tilt to see the glossy finish etc too. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that little watercolour flower on a book page - it just sets it off beautifully. Lovely roses - lovely gal! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such a good idea to do the watercolours on book paper! I am sure your friend will love both pieces!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #17

    ReplyDelete