Wednesday, November 1, 2017

WOYWW #439

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends!! Wednesdays seem to come around quicker than you think these days! LOL This year, Wednesdays have brought a sad face for me because I haven't been able to post as much as I have wanted, but yay to me....I get to post AGAIN this week! Back to back Wednesdays is a HUGE feat for me! LOL I hope to check out all my crafty pals Wednesday goodies over at Julia's blog on Stamping Ground! Come join in with us!

This week, I am going to share an "actual" picture from my work desk! LOL I might share a project too! LOL I have had a little time on my hands and have been just messing around with some scraps and things on my desk to see the outcome. I see ideas online and think to try them every now and then. MOST of the time, it's a bust, but the fact that I like getting messy and playing is enough to pull me on through! LOL
A few things on my desk today. The card in the middle is from a pad that was gifted me as part of a RAK from a dear friend. I was so happy to get it because I haven't ever really worked on black card stock before and have always wanted to mess around with it. I also STILL want to get Dyan Reaveley's square black creative journal that has been on my "wish list" for some time. Maybe a Christmas gift to myself...who knows? hee hee Anywho....I had versamark stamped a butterfly and some background stamps on there to see how it would turn out. The butterfly didn't turn out so well, but the background stamps did ok. I always forget to use my white embossing power and love the affect it has, so not sure why I don't use it more often?

So the plan, since I didn't get such a good impression with the butterfly, is to use my Koi watercolors, in that stinking cute travel box and my Caran d'Ache Neocolors along with my Jacquard Pearl Ex Mica Powder Pigments to bring it all out for a crafty little background for something? Maybe a card? who knows! Such is the art of "playing!" LOL


Since I wanted to share a project as well, don't shoot me Julia, I thought I would share this quick tag I did as a part of my 'au revoir' to summer! I wasn't necessarily feeling blue, but was feeling like showing the vibrant yellow's falling into the warm pink of fall.....and then one last yellow at the end! Corny, I know, but, it's what I was feeling! LOL

This really was a quick and fun tag whereby I started with Tim Holtz tissue paper in the background followed by a layer of gesso and then as I had pulled out my Caran d'Ache, used them to apply color to the background. I round off the corners with Distress ink, set with a fixative and then used some flower stamps from Unity Stamps with Archival Ink in black and then painted them using my Caran d'Ache crayons. I then highlighted the flowers using some really fabulous pearlescent paints that  I have in my stash and then finished them off by embellishing with glass beads from Finnabair! Voila!

Well, that's it for me guys! I hope you all have an AWESOME Wednesday, and don't forget to go visit all the other talented folks over on Julia's blog!

Blessings

38 comments:

  1. Afternoon Felicia. What a delightful tag. Well done. Apart from wanting to portray summer falling into Autumn, do you have a use for it? Or will you hang it on your wall? Sorry, being nosy! But these things intrigue me...
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret! That was a fun tag for me! Sometimes with my tags, I will embellish them and give them away to people.....my favorite thing to do. If I don't at that moment I have a "tag bin" and I will put it in there until I do have a need for a gift and then I have a ready made one! In addition, I do a lot of "tag swaps" whereby we will swap a tag with another crafter somewhere and that is also a lot of fun! I have met so many wonderful people that way! And....you AREN'T nosy...ha ha ha, I like knowing what folks do with their crafts as well! Thank you for stopping by and your curiosity! Have a blessed day! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Felicia, nice to see you again. I love the tag and quite often use book text in the background to work over too. Thanks for the step by step description. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I love using the book text in the background! Ready made texture, right? So easy! Thank you for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  3. It's all in those pretty details. Nice!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Rose #31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Rose! So sweet! THanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Felicia, love the tags. Very beautiful. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shaz! So very encouraging! You have a great week as well and blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  5. That's the great thing about WOYWW, it doesn't matter if you post every week or intermittently. Your desk looks very busy and I love your tag!
    Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I guess you are right....but you know how we crafters are...we like posting our goodies. Not just posting but we want to be in there crafting every chance we get, so that's the part that bothers me! Thanks for your encouragement and stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  6. I love working on black with bright zingy colours. great tag! Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Helen, thanks so much! I hope I can get the hang of working with colors on black. I think it's going to take MORE practice! LOL Thanks for stopping in!: )

      Delete
  7. Love it....Voila! As if it took about 20 seconds! love youR sultry Summer tag, and the fact that you're taking time to play. I thoroughly recommend that you do treat yourself to the journal...leaving it to non crafters to get the right stuff for your gift can be a bit tricky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Julia! Sometimes it does literally take 20! HA HA HA When it does, that's when it all comes together! It's the ones that take hours on end, because I can't make up my mind....or I want it to be perfect.....that you have to worry about! LOLOL Yes, that's the plan...that journal for sure! Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the tag - the way you have done the flowers is gorgeous. Bet it is even more of a stunner in real life.
    Whilst waiting for Dyan's black journal why not paint a black page in what you have. I tend to do that a lot of the time. You can probably gather I am a bit of a Dylusion fan from my blog. I really must get some other things made before too long - oops, did I hear someone say it was coming up to Christmas?
    Hugs, Neet 12 xx
    ps thanks for the visit, glad you can resist sweets by not buying them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Neet. Don't know why I didn't just think about that, but I must confess, part of that is just wanting her gorgeous journal! I love those guys! LOLOL But until then, yes, that is a wonderful idea! I love Dyan's goodies as well. I don't have as much as I'd like. Some day I will get those gorgeous paints! LOL Thanks for stopping and by and the great idea! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  9. Great tag! great way to end the summer season! I also have techniques I realize that I really like, and why don't I do them more? I think it's because there are so many! Like the tiny beads you used - at one point I was using those all the time, now, never (although I may now!)! It's fun to get idea, or even old, ideas from this group! Thanks for your earlier visit, have a great week! Lindart #36 (also a gypsy at heart!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Linda! That's part of the fun in our group is going to see what everyone is doing and getting some wonderful ideas! Although, when I do it, it never seems as clever as when one of you guys do it, but I give it a go anyway! LOLOL I love Finnabair's products and those little beads are some of my fave! They make for great texture! Thanks for stopping in! Make it great rest of the week! :)

      Delete
  10. So love those gorgeous tags. Great choice of colours, love them. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, you are too sweet! You have a wonderful rest of the week and thank you so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Felicia. I love the colours on your tags. The Flower stamps are pretty! Thanks for stopping by earlier, I'd love to see the northern lights too, it's on my bucket list! Have a lovely week Heather #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! Northern Lights are one of God's many creations that I intend to ask Him about one day! LOL My bucket list is chocked full, maybe I'll get to at least one or two of them! LOL Thank you for stopping by and you have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Felicia, Love the tags.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW.
    Sue #15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. You are so very welcome! I love visiting all the talent and creativity! Have a blessed rest of the week! :)

      Delete
  13. Looks like you are having loads of fun 'playing' and I've had a closer look and really like the butterfly stamp on the black! I love the tag, such pretty colours and the Unity flower stamps are gorgeous.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana x #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! I really liked how the butterfly stamp looked as well......at certain angles!!! LOL You couldn't really see it head on, which was a bummer, so I will back up and punt on that one! I love Unity Stamps and that butterfly one is one of my faves! Thanks so much for stopping by with your encouragement! Have a blessed day! :)

      Delete
  14. Lovely little tag - so pretty. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jo! Thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  15. Pretty tag!! Lovely to meet you Felicia, have a great week.
    Ellie #35

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Ellie! Nice to meet you as well and thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  16. Fabulous creations, great desk. Take care Zo xx 26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,wow, thank you so much!!! Thanks so much for stopping in! Blesings

      Delete
  17. We both used 'voila' in our blog posts today LOL! Loving that colourful little tag - the glass beads are such a nice touch! Great experiments on the black cardstock - I've been wanting that journal you mentioned ever since I saw Nika in Wonderland use it - she always achieves such amazing results on black backgrounds! Happy experimenting and happy November! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT!! I love Nika's stuff! I look for her goodies all the time!!! We just got to give ourselves a little love for Christmas Zsuzsa!!! We deserve it! LOL Happy November to you my sweet friend! Many hugs and blessings!

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Thank you so much BJ and thank you for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  19. Gorgeous tag, Felicia. Working on black is fun. I think something could be made of the butterfly - sometimes partial stamping can be really cool!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shoshi! I haven't spoken to you in awhile!!! I hope your health is good! I need to run over to your blog and check out what you have been doing lately! It's been awhile! I tried to save that blasted butterfly, but I ended up doing something else with it...reveal to come! LOL Thanks so much for stopping in and again, I hope all is well with you! Hugs and blessings! :)

      Delete