Sheri's requirement this month was for us to use the Pantone color "Green Flash." Well, I got as close to that color as I possibly could and hopefully, I will be okeedokes! LOL
Many moons ago, I really didn't like the color green. I don't think it was the "green" necessarily as it was the shade of green. I still only like shades of "hunter" or "sage" green. I'm not a kelly green fan or bright green. That's my daughters' favorite color! But never the less, I had a great time making this tag. It was actually a quick tag because I already had a green tag as it were that I had gotten in a RAK. So I really didn't have to do too much to it!
I did take my liquitex clear gesso and give it a good coat because I wasn't sure what I was going to put on top, but I didn't want to lose the green color of the tag. I then took a vintage beige acrylic paint and scraped over here and there. After that I took my luscious Daler Rowney Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic Ink in Waterfall Green and placed it on my craft mat and dipped my old credit card in it and gave some markings to my tag. I then took my toilet paper roll and dipped it in that same ink and placed all around the tag as well. I also grabbed a couple of different bottle tops and dredged in the ink and beige acrylic and dotted around the tag.
I didn't really have anything that was "clover" looking for the St. Patrick's feel, so I thought I would use one of my favorite Julie Fei-Fan Balzer stencils (TCW281) Mini Lotus Blossom and some Silks Acrylic Glaze in Sunflower and have a "suddo" clover look! LOLOL Not really, but you get it! LOL And then I edged the tag out with the Pearlescent and some Distress Ink in Peeled Paint. I found this digital on one of the freebie vintage sites I follow and thought it was perfect. I wanted the clover behind the Saints head to stand out, so I printed the digital twice and cut the clover out of one and glued it to some manila paper and then I took my archival ink pad from Wendy Vecchi in Fern Green and patted it all over the clover and then covered it with Fern Green embossing powder and heat set it. I lost the veins in the clover when I did that, so I just took my Micro pen and drew them back on the clover. I then took the second digital and cut around the top part of the saint and his staff and slipped the embossed clover in and glued it down using Aleene's. Not really sure how effective it is to the reader, but up close you can see it good. I just wanted the saint to pop off a little.
I Mod Podged the Saint down and then shaded using my favorite Faber Castell Big Brush Pen in Nougat and then added a little zip and bling using Finnabair's Art Ingredients Glass Glitter in Copper and glitter from the Abloom set. I added a little jewel and ribbon and voila!
Even though this month's green is not necessarily the shade of green I like, I look forward to seeing more and more of it reveal itself in our community as it paves the way for a beautiful summer! I hope you all are having a happy spring wherever you are and that you are expecting a fabulous weekend full of family and friends!