Wednesday, August 16, 2017

WOYWW #428

Good morning all my crafty friends! It's Wednesday and most of you that would come here, know what that means! It's WOYWW!  And if you are here and don't know what that means, then go on over to Julia's blog, "Stamping Ground," and you can find out all about it and maybe join in! :)

Like Julia, I haven't done much at my desk lately due to all the mayhem that has been going on in my life! I did manage to get a little free time in the other day and just piddle around and that's what's still on my desk. Because of my "crazy life" lately, I haven't been able to really participate in all my wonderful challenges because I can't seem to meet the deadlines for some occurrence cropping up and putting a wrench in it! LOLOL But just as well, sometimes I like to just go to my art desk and pull out stuff with nothing in mind and just go to it and have fun!

One of my all time fave things to do are tags. I could do them all day long (time permitting...hee hee) so I just decided to pull a few out just do some backgrounds. I wanted to try to do both tags with two different tools just to see how they would turn out. So I grabbed this art sponge I had to do one tag and then grabbed the brayer to do another. I just wanted to see how the two differed in the end. I had fun because I wasn't worried about the colors I used, the theme, or anything! I just grabbed some of my favorite paints and went to town!

End results were great! I really love how both applications look. Using the sponge and just "smooshing" here and there as I layered the colors was a really cool effect to me. I finished the edges off with my fave Tim Holtz distress colors and then the brayer also has great effects when you just layer and layer colors as well. I did add some stenciling at the finish of the brayered tag along with distress colors on the edges. Just good ole "assling" around, as my father-in-law says....excuse the french! LOLOL

Don't know if I will use them for anything or not, but I just enjoyed playing! Another thing I wanted to show you that was on my desk was this FABULOUS WIN where I had entered and won from guest designer "Kreative Kymona" and her StencilGirl craft and giveaway! I NEVER win anything, so I was so stoked to win on her blog!

When you get the chance, go on over to her blog and check her amazing "kreativity" out! Kymona is the sweetest girl and she is a very talented crafter. Her first love is cards but she just creative all the way around! Kymona did a guest spot on StencilGirl Talk using their fabulous stencils for a few projects and as a part of her guest spot she gave away the projects she created! I was one of the winners and got to choose the project I wanted and I wanted her fabulous journal creation! Woop, woop!

Isn't it the cutest??? I love it and I was lucky enough to get one of her beautiful cards to boot! She wrote the sweetest note inside and I feel like a kid in a candy store! Thank you so much Kymona for your fabulous journal, I can't wait to do some of my own creations inside!

On another note......look who I got a "selfie" with!!!! Aren't they the CUTEST?????????


Yep, that's two of my favorite folks in the world, my parents!! LOLOL I go to the facility that they are both at every weekend and spend all day with them, playing games and get them out in the fresh air taking walks. We were going around the block in this selfie shot! Doesn't my dad look fabulous!!! He still has a little black and blue left (you may remember in an earlier post where I told you guys that he fell face first), but he is healing so nicely! He got the stitches out of his nose last week and it's doing good! Remain to keep him in your prayers as we are dealing NOW with pneumonia. Bless his heart, he just can't catch a break! I sure do love my parents!

Well guys, that's it for me today. I am going to try to post another day this week. It's killing me that I'm not posting as much as I'd like to, but in time.....all in time....

Have an AWESOME Wednesday and blessings to you!

29 comments:

  1. Hi Felicia. What a lovely post. Sometimes it is just so important to simply cre4ate! No purpose in mind, just have fun. Great photo of your mum and dad. Golly, that takes me back, to see your dad with the oxygen tubes. John was on oxygen on and off for a couple of years, as his health gradually deteriorated - and continuously for the last two weeks of his life. But, oh, how much easier it made life for him!
    Take care, girl. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I agree.....create, create!!!! I love getting my hands messy and just having fun! Sometimes I forget that it's that simple when I'm in a flurry to get a post, but really, that's what I got into it all for, just to CREATE!!! I'm sorry about John, I remember you talking about that before. It's so hard to see the deterioration, but I'm thankful for every moment not matter what! And yes, that oxygen makes it all more possible, especially to get him out and about! Thanks so much for stopping in and your kind words! Bless, bless you!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that picture of you and your mum and dad is just the best! I so wish I had more pics taken before both of mine passed, it's a huge regret. Give them a hug from this crazy crafter over in Wales, they won't know who I am but I'm sending you all love, prayers and a great big smooch :-D
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you are so sweet! Yes, I love that pix as well! I'm trying to get more and more as he is 90 and not sure how much longer the Lord will allow him to remain with us! And....I SURE WILL give them HUGE HUGS from Lunch Lady Jan! They will be tickled pink! Thank you so much from dropping in! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your win. I'm with you on tags (as you'll see if you visit); love the brayered one in particular. Great selfie with your parents. Happy WOYWW Sarah #25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I will DEFINITELY make it by your spot! I love visiting! Thanks for the encouragement! Thanks for the shout out on my win....isn't it great! :) The selfie will be in selfie history! LOL Thanks for stopping in Sarah, many blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. Hello Felicia! I love your tags. I have just been getting back to playing in my craft room too. I haven't participated in WOYWW for years and so I was pleasantly surprised it's still going so I can snoop and make new friends. I never win anything either. Kymona is very talented. I follow her on Instagram. So it's wonderful to win one of her creations. Looks like fun time with your parents. I am glad to hear your dad is recovering. I haven't read your earlier post but parents are gems we must treasure and it sounds like you are doing just that. Have a blessed day and if you have time to snoop on my desk my URL is:
    http://www.belindascrafts.com/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-429/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Belinda, thank you so much for your kind words and stopping by! I will DEFINITELY be making it over to your work desk!!! I love WOYWW and can't wait to see all your crafting because I love making new pals as well! Also, I love to glean from the very talents and creativity of you other crafters, what a blessing! Snoop around on my earlier posts. I'm just getting back into the swing of things after being out for a couple of months, but I just loving supplying to WOYWW and have met some wonderful folks as a result! Bless you again for stopping in and have a FABULOUS Wednesday! :)

      Delete
  5. I like the cover of that Hello journal! Very dynamic and unusual. The selfie is priceless.
    Happy WOYWW!
    ~Rose of rose's Art Garden #36

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping in Rose! Yes, I love that journal cover too, which was why I was so excited to win it! Selfie's are great aren't they? Blessings to you!

      Delete
  6. love the pic with your parents, sounds like you make the most of your time together. love your distress smooshing, too! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Felicia, nice to meet you. I love the tags. Nothing better than playing around and seeing what the end result becomes. I'm learning techniques all the time (which are probably beginner stuff to the rest of you) and I save the end result until I think what to do with it. Nice photo of you and your parents. Have a lovely week, Heather #30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heather how sweet and nice to meet you! I will be stopping by your blog to check out your goodies! And hey, I will ALWAYS feel like a "beginner!" In this crazy art world, there is so much to learn from so many talented folks! I love it! Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the colourful background on these tags!
    Happy WOYWW!
    SusanLotus nr 41

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan! Have a great weekend! Blessings

      Delete
  9. I adore those sponged backgrounds, Felicia and you're so right: sometimes you have to follow your muse and do whatever your heart desires. Challenges are great fun and inspiration but you need time to listen to your own creative voice too. I feel the same way about my classes as well - it's been ages since I did any lessons because I feel I need to follow my own creative path at present. Whether you make anything with those backgrounds or not doesn't matter - the main thing is that you had fun making them! I'm sure one day they will jump out at you and you will make something amazing with them when the inspiration strikes! Love that selfie with your parents - that is sure a precious photo! And you've got a cool tattoo I've never seen before! Glad to see that your dad's face has healed remarkably well and I hope he will conquer that nasty case of pneumonia. Very best wishes to all of you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my wonderful friend! I always love your words of encouragement and positive reinforcement on life! Sure would be great to have you next door for those days that I fall considerably short of positivity....but then you'd REALLY want to be moving! LOLOL I think life is a creative path and we make of it what we will just like a canvas, journal or tag! I think that's why I love creating so much! The two go hand in hand. Sometimes we lose our way, but God has a way of ALWAYS bringing me back round to make those crooked roads straight. Now, if I could just get my crazy mind out of the way! LOLOL I love my tattoo and it's really a symbolism of what I just talked about. For me to be "rooted and grounded," and in particular for me in Christ, keeps me gravitating back to those straight roads. So I got it for a "visual" reminder to myself! Thank you so much for your thoughts on my dad. He is the toughest guy I know!! He'll probably outlive us all! LOLOL Both my parents are my heart! Thanks for stopping in my friend and I hope you have an AWESOME weekend! :)

      Delete
  10. Ohh love all your craft goodies. Have a great week xx Jan (42)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan! Crafting goodies are the BEST! LOLOL You have a great weekend as well and thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  11. Hi Felicia, love your post. So wonderful to see someone so clearly loving her parents. Gorgeous tattoo! The tags are so cool, really gorgeous colours.Well done on the win too. Have a lovely day, Hugs, Shaz #4 Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shaz!! My parents, as well for my siblings, are first and foremost! I have a soft spot in my heart for the elderly and its dastardly how they get treated in this country! We OWE them our respect and care! Hey, thanks about my tat! I love it as well! I got it a couple of years ago! Never had the courage to do it early in life, so the way I figured it now, is anyone over 50 can do whatever they want! LOLOL It has a lot of meaning to me however! Thank you as well for your kind words on my tags! I love doing them! Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend! :) Blessings

      Delete
  12. How much fun is playing and experimenting on tags - LOTS!!! I love the tags, especially the yellow-y one. Your parents look like lovely people, so sorry that your dad was injured, but he looks to be healing nicely. I hope the pneumonia goes away fast! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww Linda, thank you SO much! He is healing nicely! For 90 he is doing great! :) Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting and I hope you have an AWESOME weekend! Blessings

      Delete
  13. Look forward to seeing what you are going to do with some peg board when you get around to it.
    Love the photo of you with your parents. Hope dad is soon feeling much better and that his face has healed so much is great news.
    Creating should be fun and as long as you are enjoying yourself what does it matter if there is no end product.
    A friend recently said to me that she didn't understand my journalling so much as I had nothing to show for my time. I simply replied - "Enjoyment" is what matters. I am past all the "have to make this and that's" now and in it to enjoy life. My Life!
    Congrats on your win - lucky girl.
    Hugs, Neet xx 13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Neet, SOOOOOO TRUE! Thank you for that I really needed it! Thank you so much for your thought on my dear Papa, he is coming along so good! Thanks for stopping by with your encouragement! Blessings

      Delete
  14. Life is crazy all the time..I've learned to just squash what i want to do in with all the stuff i have to do. If you wait till you've got time, it won't happen! Fab pic of your parents, truly hope you're beloved Dad is stronger every day after his wrestling match with the floor and now a bout of pneumonia, he could do with a break, huh!
    Love your prize journal and the card that came with, will follow your advice and click on the link very soon, I'm glad that you won, it's a little payback for being so busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, you are sooo sweet and too right! Thank you for your kind words about my parents and dad! He DOES deserve a break! He's back in the hospital this week. It just never ends! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings

      Delete
  15. Those backgrounds are great. Your cards are cute but not as cute as your parents!!!! Great pic!!

    Have a great day!
    Diane #26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL, thanks so much Diane! Blessings to you and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete