Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Tagging it for December!

Happy Wednesday all my crafty friends! :) I am a little late because yesterday was Tuesday to which I am showing my tag today for the Tag it Tuesday Challenge over on Sheri Whitfield's blog, Cards and More by Sheri! Nothing like being a day late!! My mother used to tell me, when I was a kid, that I would be late to my own funeral!!! LOLOL Uh oh! Of course I think that had to do with a little problem I had with ever doing ANYTHING on time when I was a kiddo, however small traits of that little problem appear from time to time in my adulthood! LOLOL Come to think of it, so does the "I forgot" problem!!! LOLOL Or maybe that's age? Oh well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOLOL
Christmas or Winter was the theme this month, OF COURSE, hee hee, but that didn't bother me because I LOVE Christmas!!! Christmas means different things to many people, but it means ONLY ONE THING to me, the day my personal Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ was born! So I chose to do my tag this month using the wonderful scripture from Isaiah describing the amazing gift of the Prince of Peace to all nations!

This truly was a quick tag project. I have been so busy with working on Christmas gifts that I needed a quick one. That's not to say that it is any less meaningful, but the ease of it's production is a testimony to the scripture and subject. I began by applying gesso to the tag, first off because the original tag was green and I needed to cover it up, but also because I knew I would be using sprays and wanted them to run. I pulled out several of my Tattered Angels sprays in various colors of blue hue and just sprayed here and there following up with water spritzes, drying and repeating until I got the effect I wanted. I then simply downloaded some free digitals online and fussy cut them out, distressed with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and Distress Ink in Vintage photo. I applied the holly leaves with Aleene's and then popped up the angel with pop dots. Voila! Easy enough, right!

Holidays are hard for so many in the world. Maybe you are missing a loved one recently lost, maybe you have no means for providing Christmas to a loved one or maybe you are simply alone for the holiday. I encourage you today, if you are hurting and searching, seek no more! Jesus is the answer! He is the reason for the season! He carried your load to the cross with Him and wants you to be free! Free from pain and free from loneliness and wants you to replace it with hope and love! God offers that to you through His Son, Jesus Christ who came to earth in the form of a baby in a manger whose name is called wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

God fulfilled the laws through His Son, that you and I would have hope, grace and mercy and be free, not just here on earth but for eternity! Let that hope, grace and mercy fill you today and heal your heart for a joy like you have never  known! You are loved more than you could ever know! May you have a Merry Christmas and a blessed new year as you receive!

Blessings to you all today! :)

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Peg! I pray you have the Merriest of Christmas's with friends and family! Many blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  2. That is really beautiful. So rich and full of details. You're hard - the holidays can be very hard for some folks. HE is always the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheri! Look forward to tagging it in 2016!!! Yes, I am so glad that we do have an answer in Jesus Christ! The thought of where I'd be without Him is daunting! Thanks again! Many blessings to you and a Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely blue in the background and stunning imagery! Such a beautiful composition, Felicia! Wishing you peace and happiness over the holiday period and all through 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet friend! I liked how the blue colors turned out as well! I just kept spraying with so many I can't remember which ones or how many!! LOLOLOL! For a quick tag, it turned out, right? I am wishing YOU, my dear friend, and VERY Merry Christmas and a VERY Happy New Year!! I look forward to 2016 and ALL of your AMAZING projects! Blessings all around! :)))

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love the contrast of the blue background with the other colors. That holly looks like it is growing off the tag. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Shel! That holly took longer than ANY of it...ha ha ha I guess there is something to be said about fussy cutting! LOLOL Merry Christmas to you my friend! :)

      Delete
  5. Felicia, I hope your Christmas was blessed and touched by many answered prayers. Thank you for bring so much love and art to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, you are just the sweetest my friend!! I did have a most wonderful holidays and I pray you did as well! You made my day! I haven't been able to start back "art playing" as of yet, but hopefully this weekend I will be able to do so and get back on my blog next week. Many blessings to you in 2016 and THANK YOU as well for blessing us with your wonderful talents! :)

      Delete