Wednesday, October 28, 2020

WOYWW #595

 Good Wednesday all my crafty friends!!! It's time to share our creativity over on Julia's blog!! Sharing is caring after all!!! LOL  I hope you all had a great rest of last week and had some crafty fun!

This will be a short quick post this week.  I have a 1/2 day at work as I have to go to see my Radiologist today!!  It's about an hour's drive away, which always gives one time to reflect on the way!  We all need that time to reflect from time to time, don't we!!  The BEST thing about going to those appointments is that it gives me the opportunity to go to my FAVE big box hobby store!!! Yay me!!! Hey, you have to see the silver lining in every cloud!!!! LOL  The town I live in is small and we really don't have any crafty shops to buy goodies from, so when I do make the drive out of town I hit that store FOR SURE!! I need goodies to aid in finishing my "Project Christmas!"  Look out hobby store! LOL

So, what's on my desk today?? A few finished pieces and a "sneak peek" of my "Project Christmas" going on.  So you recall last week I shared that I made a new friend out of the International ATC Swap Group over on Instagram that I am involved in and she asked if I wanted to swap with her because I really liked a group of ATC's that she had made, and of course, I DID!!! So I got her ATC's off just in a timely manner and wanted to show what I sent her and what she sent me!! She asked for something Halloween or Animal, so I thought I would combine them! LOL I had loads of fun doing the "Halloween" theme! You can check my new friend out over on Instagram at Juliasartcards!

ATC's for Julia!!

I received Julia's trade card yesterday in the mail!! I love "owls" and she did some fabulous ones that I saw and commented about on her page and so she wanted to trade one!! I love it!!! Great colors and he is sooooooo cute!! Thanks so much Julia!!!

Cutest owl EVER!!!

So, what else is on the desk?  Well, if you take a look at the picture above, you get a "sneak peek" of my "Project Christmas!"  I am working fast and furious on those guys!  I want to get them done, so that I can focus on other projects and feel good that my gifts are made!! LOL  I will definitely show some finished product for you guys!!


Lastly, I will show another finished piece that I had shared the beginnings of in another recent post.  If you will remember, I noted that this one, I will be keeping ALL FOR ME! LOL  I think it turned out pretty good or at least how I had imagined it in my mind.  I will be framing it for my wall.  I wish that I was tech/computer/camera/video savvy because I never can capture a sense of what the true colors are in some of my crafts.  This piece, I used my Schmincke watercolor palette as well as my amazing Finetec Artist Mica Watercolors!! I coveted those guys for so long and FINALLY got them for myself last Christmas! I love them!! They are so rich and creamy and full of mica shimmers, which you can't see in this photo! But it was loads of fun to do!

Well guys, that's it for me today! I hope to get around to everyone today, but it will be a quick morning before I get on the road and not sure if I will have the time. I'll at least try to troll your pages, but may not be able to comment! 

Here's hoping your rest of the week is EXTREMELY BLESSED!


11 comments:

  1. I’m not surprised that you’re keeping that last piece for yourself, it’s beautiful! I’ve never heard of Mica paints but anything that shimmers or sparkles is ok in my book, lol! Hope the radiologist appt wasn’t too bad, at least you got to treat yourself afterwards, I would have done too!
    HUgs LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Halloween ATCs Felicia and the ones you got in return. I don't blame you for keeping the last piece. It is lush! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Felicia! Hope the appointment went well - and the craft store visit is definitely a silverlining! We must grab every opportunity to treat ourselves! My goodness, your ATCs are fabulous - and how clever that you combined both preferences! The black cat looks not unlike Oreo staring through the window LOL and the little monster is so cute - up to some mischief, I expect! The little owl you received is very cute too and what a lovely card that came with it! The zentangled sunflower looks amazing! I can imagine the shimmery bits - it's very hard to show off the simmer in photos - the light has to hit it from the right angles - it's always a hit and miss. Have a wonderful week and Happy Halloween! xx zsuzsa #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Felicia. Trusting the appointment went well. An open craft shop - oh bliss... Ours are all closed at the moment as here in Wales we are in a total national lockdown. Stay at home. Don't go out. All but essential shops shut... Maybe it will mean I can see my family for Christmas!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Felicia, love the ATC's, they're fab! Your art piece is gorgeous too, so rich and vibrant. I find it hard sometimes to get cameras to show accurate colours- mine for instance always shows purples as blue! Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope the appointment went well and you visited the store! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the projects and hope the appointment went well. Have a happy and creative woyww, Angela x18x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing to see how different everyone's work is, but great that we all share a similar passion!
    Take care and stay safe
    Chrissie #21

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your appointment turns out well, I would love a trip out to a craft place, not that I need anything, but I am sure I would come home with something :). Have a great week Angela #26

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry i am a bit late. Hope the appointment went well and you got to shop. Love all your project . Have a great week. Soojay#26

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, sorry I'm a bit late! I've been away from blogland for a few years and just getting back into it is harder than I thought! Nothing is the same, can't do the things we use to do, anyway!!! I'm here now. I love ATC's I used to do a swap on the old Cardmaking and Paercrafts forum, so if you ever want to swap just let me know!
    Happy WIYWW
    ((Lyn)) #8

    ReplyDelete