Wednesday, July 19, 2017

WOYWW #424

Good Wednesday morning all my crafty friends! It has been quite some time since I participated in the WOYWW's over at Julia's blog!!!! I'm so excited to be back participating! As I shared on Monday, I have been off grid for a bit with much needed personal time. I am a FIRM believer in Genesis 50:20 "As for you, you meant evil against me, BUT God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive."
The enemy of this world would have us all lost and out on our ear, but God desires His VERY BEST for His beloved creation! Sometimes we are taken "off track," BUT His word clearly tells us that for those who believe, He will make our paths straight. We just have to stay the course and stay locked into the strength and wisdom that the Spirit provides through the Son. That being said, it's not always easy and sometimes we have our own "agenda," but I believe God will wait patiently for us to hear His voice and heed His call. He's NEVER pushy, but I'm so, so thankful that He NEVER leaves us nor forsakes us until we get it together! What a mighty, awesome God we serve! My heart overflows! 

Well, I cleaned up my dusty desk and have several projects in the works! I'm so excited! Art makes me "all mushy" inside! LOLOL Today, I will show you one of the projects I am working on, but haven't quite finished. I will definitely share when I'm done!

Our local discount store "Ollie's," not sure if that's a nationwide store but we have them in the South and I love them, often has goodies that I pick up for crafting. This past time I struck gold! I am a HUGE Faber-Castell fan and I was stoked when I came across not one, but three Design Memory Craft kits (similar to this one) on the shelf for like $6 a piece! What??? Naturally (hee hee) I snapped them up! Two of the kits had Gelatos in them and then one of the kits had the Paper Crafter Crayons in them. All three had some sort of project in there with them, with papers and embellishments and even mediums to play with! Woop woop! So I couldn't wait to get home and start one of the projects that had a mini journal in it with Gelatos. I already have some wonderful Gelatos, but there were some different colors in this pack and I hadn't played with my Gelatos in awhile, so I was ready!
The journal pages were all different. Some chipboard, some canvas, some water color paper, etc.... pretty cool. Then this pack had some fun cardboard stencils in them that add to my little stash, some great Faber Castell mediums in little tubes, some collage papers and then this cute foam stamp. I thought for $6, it was great!
Of course, I don't take great photos with my phone (my only source) so this doesn't do all those fabulous Gelato colors justice, but I was having fun. Hopefully my end photos will be better! LOL I always gesso my surfaces first for smoother movement. I started with the canvas page and the Gelatos did fabulous! The watercolor page I decided to use the collage papers and then did a lot of "smooshing" with the Gelatos and then some dripping. The third one I started on was one of the chipboard pages. I found some cool paints in the bargain bin at our local Hobby Lobby and I had not used them yet (you know how that is.....you buy them because you just know you have to have them.....after all, they are on sale....and then they sit for a bit. LOL) Pebeo Prisme and Moon Paints! They are really cool guys. You can tell from this, but hope you can see at the finish. So, I put the pink through one of the stencils and when it dries, it will have this cool "puffy, opalescent" texture to it that is just yummy!

It's still a work in progress guys, but hope to finish soon. I have monthly journal and tag projects that I wanted to start back up on my desk as well. So plenty to share! :) I was also snooping around on Pinterest and YouTube the other day for some DIY projects, like we all do, and came across one that I thought was pretty cool and CHEAP!! Yay for me! I have my paints all crammed into two drawers and any time I want to look for one, I pretty much have to take the ALLL out to find ONE! What a snoozer to be sure! So I wanted some sort of rack to put them in, so I could see them. Well this one was EASY, FUN and CHEAP! It has it's flaws......my paints are heavy in the little racks, but probably if you don't put as many it would be better. Or.....had the space for a couple of these guys....which I don't. At least I can see them now and for $6, I think it's ok! LOL                                                                                                                It didn't fit all of my paints (imagine that), but I filled it with the ones I use most or my "go to" paints. So, until I have my "real craft room," um...er.....who knows when that will be, I will settle for the "Dollar Store" DIY's! Watch Janet's video to see how easy it was to make. I'm sure there are other ways, but this was fun and quick and if I can do it, ANYBODY can! LOLOL
I can't wait to get around to everyone's blogs and check out what has been going on with the weekly WOYWW's since I have been gone! I love looking at everyone's amazing gifts and talents! I'm so thankful to be a part and to be able to craft with all you guys! I pray you all have a beautiful, blessed Wednesday and that your upcoming weekend will be filled with fun!

Blessings

30 comments:

  1. Love your storage ideas :)
    Have a great day! :)
    Bubbles #5
    https://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/woyww-424.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not perfect, but like you said, get's the job done! LOLOL Thanks so much for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  2. Hi Felicia!! Great to see you back and enjoying the art of arting and shopping, of course. hehehe We have an Ollies close to here, but I haven't been to it yet. It's been open about 3 or 4 months. I can't wait to check it out now!!!! Can't wait to see your projects when completed. And yes, we serve an awesome God!!! His LOVE grows sweeter every day. Happy to see you back! hugs my friend, Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Patty, thank you so much! You made my day! :) Just a warning.....I love Ollies! I haven't gotten some great books there as well.....Dina Wakely books even for like $3!!! What????? Enjoy shopping yourself!! LOLOL Thanks for dropping in and many blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  3. the gelatos are fab, aren't they! thanks for visiting and your lovely comment. Helen #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as well Helen! :) I do like Gelatos. I am sure I don't use them in all many awesome ways you can, but dragging them out again will help me to explore! LOL Thanks again and blessings

      Delete
  4. Oh I love Faber Castell products too - am lucky enough to have a huge tin of pencils that was a present once. I can stare at them for ages and if used, they have to go back in the right colour order! Sad but true :-D
    Hugs LLH 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you are too funny! I think we crafters are all a little OCD!! I tend to do that with a lot of my product! LOL It's funny because when we have them out, they are a mess everywhere, so where's the logic?? LOL thanks for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  5. I am a FC fan also and I love the Gelatos - what a find you had. I cannot believe you got such a bargain - nothing like that here in the UK - I just enjoy my visits to America so I can visit your stores and spend spend spend.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny Neet. What's even funnier about that is that I am the one that usually DOESN'T find the cool deals.....that's my sisters department! LOLOL I usually come swooping in after the deal is over! LOL But yes, we are fortunate to have a lot of discount houses where we can get really great craft products for the cheap if you are willing to look! Good ole USA! :) Thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  6. Hi Felicia. Good to see you. Sorry things have not been easy - how precious when things aren't good to remember that God tells us He knows the plans He has for us - plans to prosper us, plans for good and not for evil. I know how hard I found it when my dear John was so desperately ill. I hardly went out of the door for nearly two years as I was his 24hour carer. I felt I was doing and being nothing for God - but that wasn't true. I was obeying His word in caring for my hubby. I don't know how that will bear fruit in the future - in me or in others - but I simply hang on to His words. Sometimes it's all we can do!! Don't know why I said all that... but there it is. Trusting things ease for you all.
    Thanks fore your visit and your comments.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret what a treasure! You said ALL that because the Lord knew that I needed that share from you today, so thank you so much for obeying His Word once again! It sounds as if you've had your own hard times and I'm sorry for that season for you, but the fruit of that, as you said, was to share with others and your "hanging on to His Word," helped you to do that! Thank you so much! It's always good to see that we aren't "islands" on this great planet, but that others go through tough times as well and our testimony to one another of the blessing on the other side, makes the trial all worth it! We serve an amazing, amazing God! Thank goodness we don't have to figure it all out on our own! Thank you so much for stopping in and many blessings to you in this next season of life! Blessins

      Delete
  7. Love seeing your organised craft stuff and your gorgeous crafting - thanks for sharing. Hazel WOYWW 12 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Hazel, for coming by! One day I will "truly" have it all organized with a proper craft room, but until then it will be the best it can be! LOLOLOL Thank you again, and blessings

      Delete
  8. Two blog posts in two days - yay, Felicia is back! I'm so glad that you're finding your way back on track, no doubt supported by your strong faith. We all go through ups and downs - it's just part of life. That is a lucky find - it looks like a very useful kit with those stencils, mediums and substrates - not to mention the gelatos! I haven't used mine in ages even though I adore them! Remember, they're not eating, right? Can't wait to see where those projects take you! I was so happy to see your comment on my blog and I'm so happy that you're creating and posting again :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm on a roll girl, on a roll!! Yes ma'am, I don't know where I would be without my Father in Heaven.....wait, yes I do, LOST!!! LOL So grateful for my relationship with Him. Yes, those finds were awesome! Like I said, I NEVER find the good finds, but it was my time! Especially with all those FABO Gelatos.....that I can't EAT! LOLOL You are so funny! Like you, I had a stash that had sat for so long, so I was glad to drag them back out again with the "newbies!" Thanks for the encouragement, my friend! Checking out all the blogs (especially yours....I'm kinda partial, hee hee) makes my heart smile again! Hopefully I will get a post out today as well...bam, what????? I know, we better check the weather outside! LOLOL Have a great day my friend! Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  9. Welcome back! Love the beginning of your post! Looks like some great goodies!! And thanks for the visit! Have a great week!
    Carol N #26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Carol! I'm enjoying getting back into the swing of things! Have a great rest of the week! :) Blessings

      Delete
  10. So enjoyed a snoop round, loving everything on your desk. Hoping you have a great WOYWW, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela and thanks for coming by! Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  11. Great desk, projects and pix

    Belated Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, belated or not....thank so much for stopping in! Have a great day Kathy! :) Blessings

      Delete
  12. Great storage ideas. And thanks for the reminder that I shouldn't be concentrating on my agenda but on His.

    Have a great day!
    Diane #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Diane! I have to remind myself of that DAILY! Things are right as rain when I do! :) Thank you for coming by! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  13. Great deals! I love your paint holder. All mine are in a large tin and it's not the best storage option. Thanks for visiting me earlier. Have a great week! Dorlene #31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Dorlene, I love visiting everyone's pages! The paint holder is pretty cool, but again the little trays are a little flimsy, so I am on a hunt for sturdier trays. Thank goodness they are zip tied on, I can just cut them off and zip tie new ones on! Tada! LOL Thanks for coming by Dorelene!

      Delete
  14. The paint holder looks really interesting. I have a major job ahead of straightening out and getting organized. Luckily I'll have plenty of time on my hands to get it done!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay (28)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holder is interesting and it was easy and fun to make. As I was telling Dorlene, above you, the trays are a little flimsy, but I'm on a search for sturdier trays. You should really comb Pinterest and YouTube for great organizing tips! Have fun! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  15. Great storage idea find and what a bargain for the Faber Castell products, I wouldn't have resisted either. Happy belated WOYWW Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It doesn't take much for me to say OK!!! LOLOL Thanks for stopping by! :) Blessings

      Delete