Thursday, July 24, 2014

Becoming!

Happy Thursday!  Speaking of all things "happy,"....happy mail came yesterday in the form of my monthly Unity Stamps!!  To say that I look forward to this time of the month with a giddy heart is probably an understatement!  First of all, who doesn't like getting mail and second of all, I'm just completely 12 on the inside and love getting prizes, especially when it feeds my ever growing hobby!!!  When my package arrives, I can't wait to rip into it, pull those puppies apart, get into my art closet and start inking away!!!  Hey....who wants a clean stamp right??? LOL!!  But seriously, I just can't wait to create some newness!!

As I had already seen what the stamps were going to be this month, I had already been pondering what I wanted to do with them.  Of course, it doesn't all come together until it's all in front of me, but I get a general idea.  Part of who I am as a person, is the glorified person I am becoming In Christ!  The foundation for who I am as a person stands on the cornerstone of Jesus Christ.  When I received Christ into my heart, the Word assured me that it was an "immediate" indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, which is in us because we are bought with a price. Everyone who has been purchased (redeemed) by the blood of Christ also has the Spirit of God dwelling in him - 1 Cor 6:19), however I was but a wee babe in Christ, I had so much to learn about God's heart for me and almost 25 years later, I am still learning!  I haven't arrived, I am still becoming ALL that God has called me to be!

As Christians, we are to be transformed into the image of Christ.  It's a daily dyeing to self and daily encounter with the Lord through His Word!  In 2 Corinthians 3:18 God's Word reminds us that because of Jesus, we now have the authority to tread on holy ground, in other words, we can enter into the very throne room of our Father with thanksgiving, praises and seeking hearts (the veil has been torn) and on that very ground God will begin a work in us that activates that transformation through the Holy Spirit, into the very likeness of His precious Son!  I believe the fullness of that activation will be manifested when our Savior returns for us that we may go before our Heavenly Father complete!  I can't wait!!

I did today's tag on a brown tag (can't remember the correct terminology there...LOL!) and wet it to buckle it up a little bit.  I wanted it to look old?  I then covered it with some Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and then painted over with Silks Glaze Peridot and Sunflower and then added Nutmeg on the outer edges.  I then stamped the edges with the new leaves and flowers stamp from the kit.  I had some old packing paper that I stamped on the book page stamp with and then distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  I had some emphemera in my stash that I loved that I also distressed and adhered them both to the tag with good old Tacky glue.  I then embossed the sentiment from the kit with Colorbox Ink and clear embossing powder.  That didn't turn out so fantastic because the bottom part of the sentiment was so small that it kind of got lost on the tag so I outlined with my favorite all time journal pen the Koh-I-Noor Rapido (thank you Kelly Kilmer for taking the time to talk with me about this awesome pen) to try to make it stand out a little more.  I think it helped.  All in all, I achieved what I was looking for and I think this one I'll be keeping in my Bible!

Have you looked in the mirror today?  Who do you look like?  Like me, I'm sure your traits came down from your earthly mom and dad, but my desire is to look more and more like Jesus!  It's a daily work and sometimes I miss the boat, but thank God for His amazing grace!!  Seek Him out today that you may also become ALL that God has called you to be!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment