Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Happy Dance Mail! :)

Good Tuesday all my crafty friends! I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things around here! It's a one day at a time slow process for sure! I am up for the challenge however!! LOL

Today I am going to share some AMAZING happy mail that I got from my FABULOUS friend Becky Wentworth! Becky and I met on the online art community on Google+!! Becky and I just seemed to hit it off immediately, to which I have been extremely blessed ever since! She is not only a neat gal, she is a very talented and creative artist! You can go over to Google+ and check out all of her wonderful creativity!

Becky and I were swap partners for the month of May on the "Creating and Sharing Mixed Media Art" group challenge, to which the theme was "Growing!" Becky, as usual is on top and ahead of things this month and I had mine by the 1st of the month!! Woo hoo, go Becky! :) LOL Well, to say that Becky did me up right, is an understatement!! Not only did she send me quite a few tags, she sent along some great RAK to a VERY HAPPY recipient!! LOL
IMMEDIATELY upon opening my package I was blessed with ALL THESE yummy papers! One of the things I love about Becky's art is that she has an eye for color! Not only that, but though she is very versatile with her colors, she uses a lot of "me colors!" So, yippee for me, right! :) These papers were no exception! I believe a good portion of these were done with gelli printing, but I do know that some were done on papers that were crumpled, sprayed and I believe ironed, which is such a cool effect!! I love it! The one at the top is a card that she made which I simply love!!

Each tag offered something catchy and creative and a different style, which I love and shows her versatility at creating! I always ask her about her techniques and she's always so quick to share! She spreads the love, I tell you! :) The tag with flowers in the pot has a background of hand painted paper scrunched up and glued on and I also know that she experimented with 3-D Gloss Gel through a stencil, which looks like the one with those amazing colorful flower on it! I loved how that turned out Becky! The "growing" tag had yummy color and cute emphemera - love that butterfly!


If that wasn't enough, that sweet gal made two other smaller tags that I just loved! The orange and yellow "Let Your Spirit Soar" tag was so yummy with that great feather which was embossed and the edges were also dredged and embossed! I love how that looks on projects! Then there was the cutest bird on that fabulously colored green/blue tag! I just loved the creativity of that tag and how it wasn't the "norm!" She also outlined that tag with what looked like stickles for another cool effect!

Becky also gifted me with an amazing bag of stone pieces and bits and bobbles that could be used in jewelry or to do those lovely pieces like she had hanging from the tags she made me! What a clever idea! I am working on a new project whereby I already have an idea of how to incorporate some of those pieces in! I can't wait!
Needless to say I did a happy mail dance for sure...grinning from ear to ear and itching to get into my closet with my new goodies! I shared with Becky that my daughter always goes to the mailbox with me in great anticipation as to what my crafty buddies are sending me and then she and I sit down on couch and open the packages together and eeeewwwwhhh and awwwhhhhh till our hearts are content! It's fun mommy/daughter time for sure!

Becky, I can't thank you enough for such a special blessing my friend! You are so creative and I love your projects and always learn something new with your creativity! If you have never visited Becky's Google+ site, you must go visit! She is hot and heavy making some gorgeous projects for an upcoming Festival! They will be blessed for sure! :)
Hey, share your talent with someone today! God gave us all gifts to share with another! In His word He says "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms." (1 Peter 4:10) It was a free gift to you, so freely share it with another.

God placed a gift inside of you to share with another. Whether it's art, crafting, baking, sewing, planting, shopping for another, taking someone somewhere, it doesn't matter, "whatever you do for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of the Lord's, you do for Him!" (Matt 25:40) I guarantee that you will put a smile on their face and in their heart! Gift a blessing today! :)
Blessings

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I wish I had the time to go with how much this post and Becky's tags on inspired me! I need to get some stuff in the mail! Thank you for sharing your goodies and your enthusiasm with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right Dana! She's the bees knees! I loved, loved my prizes! Glad you came around to visit my friend! :))) Blessings to you! :))))

      Delete
  2. Hi Felicia, that is some gorgeous happy mail for sure!! Those tags are stunning. I just love the colors of each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh HI Penny!!! I have been off line for a bit and soooooo need to go visit your blog!! I have had to take a little break to sort out my priorities...LOL!! But it was needed!! Yes, I love my tags!!! Becky ALWAYS sends me lovely, lovely treasures! :) I hope you are well my friend! Blessings to you! :)

      Delete