Monday, May 2, 2016

We'll Go Round In Circles!

Good Monday all my crafty friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I had a much needed CLEAN weekend! My house was so dirty I wouldn't have even invited the neighborhood canines in for a visit! LOLOL But, all is well, we are back squeeeeeky clean!

It seems there a lot of crafters doing "circle" challenges here lately and I posted my tag challenge for last month that involved circles, but I wasn't through yet, no sireeee. I had to do just a bit more! I did a quick little crafty session to keep me in the art loop with some left over panels from that oatmeal box that I did a post on here not too long ago. I have this Donna Downey stencil that I was able to get last year when I went to her studio that I just love, love to use. So I pulled it out again and used it on one of my panel cards with my homemade texture paste. Circles are happy and fun aren't they?

The other panel I used another favorite stencil of mine from the Crafters Workshop   for great texture, and again with my texture paste.  I then just simply pulled out my spray stash using everything from Lindy's to Dylusions to Tattered Angels. At this point, I really can't remember! LOLOL I also spritzed a little water to move the sprays to get the effect I was looking for. They were fun to make to have in my stash for a background for something something sometime. Who knows, right?


Tomorrow I will share some pieces that I have been working on, when I had time, for my step mother whom I will be visiting in a couple of weeks! I made them for her for Mother's Day, but since I will be flying out to see
her, I won't be giving them to her until then (that way I won't have to pay the inflated shipping costs!). I had made her an initial piece of art a couple of years ago and she commissioned me to make three more, but I never got around to it.....hard to believe huh? Anyway, I thought now would be a good time to do that since I will be going to see her, so I have been busting something trying to get them done before I fly out on the 20th. 

I have also got to get started on the big canvas that I was commissioned for by a friend at work for her son and soon to be daughter-in-law's wedding. Maybe I can show snippets on Wednesday for WOYWW! We will see! I always have these lofty ideas, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way! LOLOL

Hey, is your heart hurting today? Do you feel all alone? I pray for you today my friend that someone will come across your path to show you the amazing love of Jesus Christ! In God's Word it tells us that Jesus will stick closer than a brother and not only that, but he will never leave or forsake you! He loves you and wants to heal you in ways you never thought possible! Father God is in the restoration business and wants to restore you from top to bottom that through His Son, Jesus Christ, that you be reconciled back to Him whereby you would have one of the most wonderful, loving relationships you could ever ask for! There is always hope, my friend!

Bless you as you seek the Most High God today! :)



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic textures, Felicia! Love the colour variation! I do look forward to seeing snippets of your big canvas! I must say, I would feel a tiny bit intimidated by the commission, but you go girl! I'm sure it will be nothing short of amazing! Will try to make WOYWW this week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy colors and textures for sure. I have 3 commissioned pieces to work on as well. It seems when you 'have to' work on something then you don't feel inspired to do it. I look forward to seeing yours and then maybe I will do mine lol

    ReplyDelete