Wednesday, February 21, 2018

WOYWW #455

So Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! I'm glad to be posting this week, and actually earlier than I usually do, because I didn't get to post last week! Work got in the way!! Can you believe that????? Wonders never cease! :) LOL I'm thankful to have a job that DOES get in the way! And let me assure you that I thank my Father in Heaven for that every day as well! :)

So some of the photos that I show you today are actually what was on my work desk LAST week that I didn't get to post as a part of WOYWW!! I assure you there is WAY MORE menagerie on my desk this week.....and not in a good way! So much for keeping my work space clean and void of clutter! LOLOL Anywho.....if you want to play along with us, step on over to Julia's blog Stamping Ground and see what crafters around the world are up to on their own desks! :)

So I believe the last time I posted I mentioned that I did have a few more lovely items coming in the mail to me, BUT IT IS THE LAST for awhile! It was all still part of using the last bits of Santa funds! LOL As I have been soooooo into my watercolor painting and journaling lately, I simply HAD (hee hee) to get this set of Dr. Ph Martin's Bombay India Inks!! I have been lusting after those puppies for quite some time! There are actually two or maybe three sets of them and I knew I wanted this set because the tone of the colors is more to my liking. I'm not a real "flashy or bright" color person, which is the first set, so these were perfect! I actually have some others, that I have bought individually, which are the pearlescents. They are fabulous as well!
So when these guys came in the mail, and I opened them up, I think I heard choirs of angels in the background!! LOL LOL I think I ewwwhheed and awwhheed for a good 5 minutes! LOL These guys are luscious and I really have been wanting them to use in tandem with my GORGEOUS Schmincke watercolor paints. The aim is to use with my dip pen, but I'm know I can use them in all sorts of mixed media projects as well!

So the other items that came in the mail with the puppies are this lovely Pentalic Aqua Watercolor Journal and this Blu Tack adhesive. I did not have a proper watercolor art journal and also really wanted to have one to start down my watercolor/sketch journaling road! I had other journals, but not with proper quality paper. So far, I am really loving this guy!

The Blu Tack, I bought after much research online to stick to the bottom of my watercolor pans in my Schmincke palette because they kept sliding around everywhere and I couldn't figure out how to make them stay put. Well, funny story, just before this came in the mail, I came across a YouTube video where the person actually showed me just what to do that REALLY worked (unlike other YouTube videos I had watched!) So now, I have this adhesive that I guess I will put to use elsewhere! LOL Story of my life! LOL

So push ahead to this week, I will show you the first journal pages that I couldn't wait to get started on! My hope is to continue this right on as long as I'm on this earth and leave something for my girls and their children. You know, kind of like diaries, but in a different way! So they will see who I was through my journals. What I saw and how it made me feel or respond to life around me! That's something tangible that I can leave!
So, on these first two pages I really just wanted to spell out, if for nothing but in my mind, what I would be using in this journal. Because I only want to use my watercolors, sketch pencil, dip pens and ink in these journals, I wanted to show those. So I simply sketched out my tools and my watercolor box with the pencil then went over with my dip pens and then washed with my watercolors. I then noted that it was Journal #1 (of many, I hope) and that it signified "Beginnings" for me. A little elementary, I know, but for me, this is an all new journey and it put it right in my mind!

So, just a few close-ups of those pages! The lines on the page with my watercolor box are nib lines. I just wanted to clarify the nibs for myself and see which I could use for various projects. I love the outdoors and am constantly taking photos of trees, plants and landscape. Especially when I am hiking and those are the things that speak to me, express "me," and where I feel like I can express my love for God's creations in my journal. I can be driving down the road and see something and stop to take a photo! I get honked at A LOT, but I don't want to miss the "moment," so to speak! LOL So I have years of photos from my phone that I can use to start me off on my memory road!

Well that's it for me today folks! What's on your work desk today? I'll go have a look see and share in your moments as well! Have a great Wednesday and blessed rest of the week!

Blessings


20 comments:

  1. Morning Felicia, what a fabulous idea for your journal; far better than a diary. I like that you tried out the nibs as part of the first page and drew your tools. I look forward to seeing more projects. Those Bombay inks look luscious! Have a good week. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning to you too Sarah!!! Thank you so much! I hope it goes over like I want it to. They may not appreciate it now, but maybe after I'm gone! LOLOL Those Bombay inks are so, so yummy! You should give them a go if you haven't! Not to mention that they are soooooo fun to play with! :) Thanks as always for stopping in Sarah! Got to get around to everyone this morning! :) Blessings for the rest of your week! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, those new colours are gorgeous, I can see why you were so delighted with them! Your journal is fab too, the painting of the nibs made me smile :-)
    Hugs LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Jan! Got to try them for sure! Thanks for your words on my journal as well! Thank you for stopping in Jan! :) Blessings

      Delete
  3. Hi Felicia, what a wonderful project. And so much more 'alive' than a diary, if you follow me? Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Shaz! Yes, I totally get what you are saying which is on the lines of why I wanted to do it! I hope they ALL get it one day! Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  4. Love,love LOVE your new journal!! I am very jealous,AND inspired, as this is just what I want to do as well, and I had started one, in October, but didn't keep it up. I MUST get back to it! I really like how you are making it as a way for your children and grandchildren and beyond can know who you are/were. I love how you are so excited about your new inks! Have a wonderful week! Lindart #29

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, thank you so much Linda! Yes.....get back to it! Then we can take the journey together! LOLOL I hope they are as excited as I am about it one day! If nothing else, they and their children, will think I was a crazy lady! LOLOL Great inks, by the way......just saying! LOL Thanks for stopping in Linda...you gave me a smile! :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely couple of journal pages you are sharing with us today. I must look up that watercolour journal - sounds interesting and something I might need.
    Enjoy your ew inks - look forward to seeing them in action.
    Hugs, Neet 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely journal Neet. Check it out for sure! I am sure there are others out there. I did my research to find the one I thought would be best fit for me. Don't we all NEED something new! LOLOL Thanks for stopping in Neet! :)

      Delete
  6. What a lovely thought to want to leave something for your children, it will be very special. I have an autograph book of my Mother-In-Laws. It has little watercolour paintings in it and is very special to me. Thanks for the visit BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I bet it is special to you! See, I hope my kids feel the same way one day! :) Thanks for stopping in BJ! :)

      Delete
  7. Looks like you are going to be busy - enjoy every minute. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Felicia, that's a lovely idea to pass on your journals to your daughters and future generations and they will truly know who you are and what you were about. I love how you have started journal one. Thanks for stopping by earlier. I know I am lucky to have Mr M kitting out my craft room, he is patient and supportive. Have a lovely week Heather x #28

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sketch of your art tools. I do something similar at the beginning of every new sketch book. Love those Bombay inks and can't wait to see how you are going to use them. Blue tack is so useful i seem to use it everywhere and it will certainly do the trick for your paint pans. Have a great week.
    sandra de @19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Felicia, I think your idea for the journal is great and I so love those luscious inks, bet they would mix well with gels and stuff too. I cannot imagine any home without a packet of Blu Tack Lol! Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW In the first photo, I was wondering what that piece of plastic was you left on your journal while photographing! Then I moved closer and saw it was your watercolor- Bravo Felicia!!You are totally off to an excellent start my friend! Beautiful work!
    Watch for an email, I have a link for you to check out...
    Lots of love,Jackiexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. We seem to be missing each other on WOYWW, Felicia! Love the direction your art is going - I've seen those inks around - they look beautiful and what you've accomplished them is just amazing! I love that type of journalling and have even tried it but you know what? - I kept tearing out pages from my expensive watercolour journal because I didn't like what I produced - but that was at the beginning of my art journey so perhaps I should try it again later. I really love the idea of nature journalling this way (leaves, flowers, pebbles, feathers) and travel journalling (buildings, bridges, landscapes) but I'm just afraid that I may not have the talent to do a good job. I LOVE what you have done - and looking forward to seeing more! Perhaps one day soon we'll bump into each other on WOYWW as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, nice pictures. Thanks for your post. Please follow me back at công ty in quà tặng InLogo

    ReplyDelete