Wednesday, January 17, 2018

WOYWW #450

Happy COLD, brrhhhh..... Wednesday all my crafty friends!! I love it!! It's FINALLY cold here in the south! LOL And guess what????? It's SNOWING!! Yep! A cold front has moved across the southeast and our little ole town has gotten some snow! You guys above the Mason Dixon Line will laugh at that because, of course, it's not really snow....it's flurries! LOL Regardless, in the south, the danger for us is not so much the snow, but the freezing. We aren't equipped here in the south to drive in that kind of element, so, we pretty much shut down! Funny, but folks in the south already CAN'T drive, can you imagine on ice!! LOLOL  If any of my crafty friends are in it like I am...stay warm and safe!

Well, It's another WOYWW and I can't wait to show the goods on my desk today! You can always get on the band wagon by going on over to Julia's blog Stamping Ground and play along! You will love to see what EVERYONE around the world is mashing around on their desks!

So last week, you will remember that I shared some of my "Santa goodies" and how stoked I was? Well today, I will show you the results of what I was waiting on some of those goodies for! I have been in love with watercolor / pen and ink for some time and have been playing around with what I had on hand. But now that I have half of what I wanted Santa to bring me to achieve some craftiness, I have been able to do more. I still have one more thing that Santa is to bring me that will be arriving hopefully by next WOYWW and I will reveal it then. But that last little treasure will COMPLETE my newest "art addiction!" LOL

Many of you crafty friends are very familiar with Cee Cee over on Cee Cee's Creations and I just love her! She is an amazing artist who I love to follow! She had been doing some awesome watercolor line art that I fell in love with and because I have been fascinated with watercolor lately, I knew this was something that would fall right in line with what I had been doing and so the share's from my desk today are attributed to her creative share with us all! Thanks Cee Cee for your inspiration!


I did these bookmarks for some friends of mine and I just had a ball! I took some 140lb cold press paper and stretched onto a board that I bought over the holidays that my wonderful husband finished out for me so that I could get wet mediums and what not on it without its warping.....thanks hubs! :) Then I simply washed over with watercolor in colors that I just happened to be feeling at that moment. After letting dry, I cut down to the size of bookmarks that I wanted and then the rest of the joy began!

Now let me just say that I have always loved drawing even at a young age, but have never had lessons as far as painting my drawings....it has always been intimidating to me....therefore that is why this style is so yummy to me because the wash is in the background and I'm not actually painting the flowers! LOL I know, I know, easy way out huh? Going to have to face that fear eventually! LOL I used my brand new dip pen and my new nibs and I was like a kid in a ca
ndy store! I had so much fun! This is something I think I will be doing on a regular basis to have on hand for gifts on the quick! Much like I do my crosses! But, that being said, I am hoping I will grow in this and the plan is to take a watercolor class at some point in time this year and flourish further in this art medium!

After finishing, I went to a local print shop and had them laminated and will send them out to my sweet pals for a new year blessing! Hopefully the lamination will preserve the art and not have a reverse effect on it!! YIKES! LOL All three of these pals that I am sending these to are avid readers so even if they have these bookmarks through a couple of book readings, at least they will know I was thinking of them! What do you think? 

My last treasure, that should come in this week, will help me continue in this newest love and I am sooooo looking forward to it's arrival! I want to try all sorts of new things in 2018....for me....the sky is the limit!! How about you?

Well, happy WOWWW guys and I look forward to seeing what you all are sharing today!

Blessings

29 comments:

  1. Hi Felicia. Those bookmarks are lovely - well done - a great technique. I tend to use watercolour pencils, then just add a tiny bit of water to make the magic work... it works for me as I'm not too good at colouring.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret,you are so sweet! Thank you so much! :) I do have watercolor pencils as well and that is really how I started out! So I wanted to grow with actual pans or tubes (a little sneek for next week!) and got them for the very reason you were saying....I don't color good! LOL But it's all about growing and I want to press on my friend! Thank you so much for stopping in! Blessings for the rest of your week! :)

      Delete
  2. Those are fab bookmarks - I love the watercolour backgrounds and the ink drawing on the front. I used to draw all the time but don't seem to get around to it these days. I should make time shouldn't I? You can never have too many bookmarks so I'm sure your friends will love them!
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Jan! I love to draw! The challenge for me this time was that I usually pencil first and then go over with ink, but this time I went directly to paper with the dip pen! It was so intimidating, but I wanted to challenge myself and I think it went rather well! Thanks for the visit Jan and the encouragement! Blessings for your week! :)

      Delete
  3. The bookmarks are beautiful Felicia. So glad you enjoyed playing with your new stash. Great idea to do a wash background first and draw flowers over to fit. Have a good week. Sarah #6/26.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so kind Sarah! Thank you so much! Having fun with the "stash" is what its all about right????? Yes, I love the "wash" technique...its loads of fun to see what comes out of it all! :) Thanks so much as always for stopping in! Blessings for your week! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Felicia, these are lovely. Great idea for a gift too. Have a great woyww and thanks for the visit to mine, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! I love gifting so hope they receive with a smile! :) Thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  5. Hi Felicia, love the bookmarks. My co-Mother in law-(her daughter is married to my son), had often said she was told at school she was useless at art,and that put her off. Last year she started going to a watercolour class, and has since been doing some beautiful watercolours- mainly landscapes- which she says is down to finding a good, patient tutor, and that she has learned so much. So you find yourself a good teacher, and you will do amazing things! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaz, that is so terrible for your co-Mother in law! Who would do that to a child????? Good on her for giving it another go as an adult and givings matters of the heart wings of strength! I hope she blossoms vibrantly.....she deserves it!!!! Yes, I think I have found a good teacher, we just have to make it happen! Thanks so much for sharing and stopping in! Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful bookmarks Felicia - they will be adored I am sure. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jo and as always for stopping in! Blessings! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, the bookmarks are gorgeous. I love the watercolour backgrounds and especially your beautiful pen and ink drawings - such special gifts for your friends.
    Have a great week and stay warm and safe in those flurries,
    Diana x #20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh, thank you so much Diana! Such a lovely comment coming from the master of all things beautiful!  The flurries didn't stay long.....it is the south after all! LOL My kids would have loved for them to stay a little longer! Its still quite cold, but I love it! Thanks so much again and for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  8. what gorgeous bookmarks! Have a good week and take care in your flurries! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Helen! Those flurries are gone, much to the sadness of my kiddos! We are still having the cold snap, but I love wearing my coats and scarfs, so its lovely! Thanks for stopping in! :) Blessings

      Delete
  9. Fabulous bookmarks - love the crisp look of black on colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Winn! And thanks for dropping by my blog! :) Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  10. You drew these, Felicia? I honestly thought they were stamps! Wow, you've got some real talent, girl! They all look fabulous and I will have to look into the watercolour line art as I've never heard of it before! It sure is very impressive! I hope your pressie arrives quickly - I thought Santa has retired to the South Pole until next year LOL - but it seems he's still out and about distributing presents! Poor old guy, you sure keep him busy! And now I really want to know what you're getting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey my friend! You doubt my mod skills?????? LOL Yes, can you believe it? The part that is so great about it for me is that I really challenged myself with this project because usually I sketch things out with pencil first then go over with ink or paint, whatever I am using at the time and this time, since I got the new dip pen from Santa (hee hee hee), I decided I was going to challenge myself and do no sketching first, but go straight away to paper! I feel like I did pretty good. It was all in an attempt to get past my fear! I had a great time! I look forward to doing more! Now back to Santa......that guys is doing me this huge favor....I hope I don't run out for next year!! LOLOL I actually ordered this last gift to myself from your way across the pond and do it is taking it's precious time getting to me...EEEK! I am so ready for it to come in and I can't wait to show you all! I just hope I will do it justice! :) Thanks for coming by my friend! I hope that job is going well! And I hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend! :) Blessings

      Delete
  11. These are beautiful, Felicia!!!! Beautiful washes and beautiful drawings of flowers!! You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda, I am just trying to keep up with you my friend! :) You are such a wonderful encourager and I thank you for that! :) I've been checking out your 2018 goodies! You are on a roll! Thank you as always for stopping by! :) Many, many blessings to you my friend! :)

      Delete
  12. Fantastic fo start the year with all new good intentions, isnt it? I wish you a year full of craftiness and especially watercolors, have a lovely weekend, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Vickie, thank you so much! And Yes it is! I wish those right back on you as well! Blessings

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous bopkmarks. Yes I heard the GASP when my heat gun gave up the ghost! Thanks for the visit, sorry I take so long to reply, life just has a way of taking over. Always appreciate my comments, Thank you BJ#10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, too funny! :) Thank you for your sweet words and thanks for stopping in BJ! Blessings to you!: )

      Delete
  14. The bookmarks are gorgeous! Anybody would love to receive these especially if they are avid readers. Wonderful! Happy late WOYWW. Dorlene #33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorlene,you are the sweetest! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! And, thank you so much for dropping by my blog!: ) Blessings!

      Delete
  15. Felicia, what simply BEAUTIFUL bookmarks! Simply amazing flowers, and you drew them. Wow! is all I can say. You should get them made into stamps and sell them... I would be buying them. Thanks so much for your lovely visit to my blog which I've just replied to. Bless you, my friend. Hope to be much more in blogland again this year so see you soon.

    ReplyDelete