Wednesday, December 13, 2017

WOYWW #445

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! It's FINALLY chilly here!!! I feel like it may beginning to look a lot like Christmas! LOLOL I'm not too excited......it's just a cold front that has gone through our side of the country, so we will see if it stays or not! Others have received lots of snow around my state, but alas, we did not! I love snow and miss it greatly! There's still time.....maybe Mother Nature will come through! LOLOL

Well as it's Wednesday, it's time for WOYWW over on Julia's blog Stamping Ground! Each week is time for wonderful goodies on fellow crafters desks!! I love playing along, making friends and gleaning from their inspiration! Won't you join along??? Hop on over to her blog and show your goodies as well!

I am going to show the finished product of what was on my desk last week! I have my tag challenge over on Tag It Tuesday on the Facebook page by the same name! I have enjoyed playing along with these taggers since it started and really enjoy each month's fun! This month the theme was Sparkle and Shine! Love it! Christmas has always been sparkle and shine, so an easy tag to do!

As usual, my phone camera NEVER shows the true color or in this case the "sparkle and shine" that was required for this month.....but I tell you, it's sparkle and shine all over!
What I had in my mind this month when I was making this tag was "sparkly" balls when you look through a "frosty" window! I love Christmas balls except the fact that they are EXTREMELY easy to break....I'm an expert!!! LOL

On this tag, I basically started with gesso on this tag which was red. I didn't do a heavy coat because I didn't mind that some of the red peaked through. Then I just got out some acrylics applying with my trusty brayer and some of my Caran d' ache crayons and applied directly on the tag and then activated with water. After that, wherever it looked like natural balls or ornaments, I just enhanced with paint to form the balls. Once I got the balls like I wanted, I then applied glitter modge podge all over. 
I then just embellished the balls with a little stamping and stickles. On the "joy" ball, the centerpiece is a wooden snowflake that I painted and then embellished further with glitter from Ranger that I love, love. I then shaded with my wonderful Faber Castell Big Brush Pens, put twine through to look like they were hanging, added ribbon and "poofs!" Voila!  Simple enough and as I said, you really can't see all the glitter and shine, but its there! One day, I will become a "real" blogger and have proper equipment! LOL

I hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday and getting all of your Christmas shopping done! I haven't bought the FIRST gift yet......what????? Yep....I don't know what I am waiting on, but I better get to cracking! LOL I hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend!

Blessings

25 comments:

  1. Your tag looks great! I hate it when pictures don't show up the true colours or shimmers we take so long over! Have a great week Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet Helen, thank you so much!! I feel the same way though! I do it for me firstly, but still, especially when you are happy with the outcome, you want to showcase it! But in the end, it only ends up on my wall, soooo, LOLOL Thanks so much for stopping! :) Blessings

      Delete
  2. Yay, I caught you this week, Felicia! That tag is full of fun and cheerfulness and I'm sure it looks magical too with all the glittery shimmer that's so hard to photograph. A touch of sparkle adds so much to a project, especially at this time of year! I hope you'll get some snow this Christmas - I'm hoping for some more too as ours is now practically gone! The rain came in today and washed it all away, snow family and snow cat and all. Although daddy snowman had lost his head even before that LOL - we were going to rebuild him, but never got around to it and now it's too late! Happy present buying - psst, do it online - so much easier! Hope to see you next week again before Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tag!
    The snow here was beautiful while it lasted but it's good to get back to the rain ... can't believe I just said that!!!!
    Enjoy your week
    Christine #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, would have LOVED to see that snow! Sorry about the rain however......not a big fan of that! LOL Thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  4. So love tags and this is a great Christmas piece. Happy creative woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Angela! I love tags and crafting them are so much fun! Thanks for stopping in and have a blessed weekend!: )

      Delete
  5. Hi Felicia.... I only just bought my first gifts, so you are not alone. That is a greaf tag. I wonder if I gave time to make my own gift tags ... Have a lovely week,Heather #6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I'm not the ONLY procrastinator out there! LOLOL Thanks for stopping in and your comment on my tag! Give tags a go! They are so much! Have a blessed weekend!: )

      Delete
  6. It looks gorgeously sparkly to me :)
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bubbles
    #3
    https://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/woyww-445.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for dropping by my blog! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Felicia, I know the feeling about sparkle not showing up well on photos and I have a light box now to help improve mine LOL. Love your tag; thanks for the step by step. Happy WOYWW Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I have soooooo been wanting to look into that light box ever since you posted it! Was it a DIY or did you purchase it? I have to check into it either way!! Thank you for your comment on my tag and for always stopping by with encouragement! Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely tag and what a lovely idea behind it. Well done.
    You could have had some of our snow as I don't like it as much as you apparently do. Nice to look at but I do not like driving in it, not here anyhow.
    Hugs & thanks for visiting me - Neet xx 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neet, you are too funny! Driving in snow is DEFINITELY the downside! Snow is like anything....it's great at first, but too much of it and you're done! LOL Thank you for your sweet comment and for stopping by! Blessings

      Delete
  9. Your tag does look very sparkly! I love the pom pom balls! I too am very good at breaking ornaments - I just broke my favourite one last week :-( by banging my head into it! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! I hope others can see that, but when I look at the photo....I see blah!! LOLOL I had those pom pom balls in my stash and found them by accident! They were fun! :) Between me and our cats the ornaments are at risk EVERY year! LOL I've done good so far this year.....I better be quiet! LOL Thanks for stopping in! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  10. I think your creations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laurie! You are so sweet and it made my day! Have a blessed weekend and thank you for coming by!: )

      Delete
  11. Sparkly effects are really hard to capture in photos, aren't they? Infuriating as that's the best bit for me - I'm such a magpie, there's no such thing as too much bling, in my opinion! We managed to miss the snow that swept over the UK as well, I live right on the coast and the salty air definitely makes it milder. Hope you get some so you can have fun!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, glad to know that it's NOT just me!!! LOL And it is VERY infuriating, especially since you spend all that wonderful time on a project only for it not to show it's "true colors!" Sounds lovely where you live! We may get a mist where we are but that would be it! Mostly just cold and wet! Lethal combinations! LOL Thanks for stopping in! Blessings

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous tag, Felicia. Love the sparkly balls and they definitely give joy!
    Its been ages since I visited but lovely to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful tag, Felicia, with the glitter easily imagined. We don't have any snow either. There have been a couple dusting this winter but nothing that stayed. Looks like it will be cold for Christmas though. A very Merry Christmas to you and your family, friend. May your day be blanketed in our God's amazing love!!! Love and Hugs to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Wanda! You always bring a smile to my face and a huge one in my heart when I read your emails! Thank you so much for you kind words, AS ALWAYS! I can't believe you haven't had snow! I totally would have thought you would have been inundated by now! Its so beautiful to me, I love and miss snow! It has been a little cool here and there, but been high 60's for over a week! YUK!!! I want cold for Christmas! LOLOL Enjoy your beautiful seasonal weather! A VERY blessed and Merry Christmas to you my wonderful friend! God has blessed me with meeting so many wonderful people online since I have started arting years ago, and by far, His true treasure was in meeting your beautiful spirit! I'm very praiseworthy to Him for that! He has showed me His amazing love through your friendship! I pray your new year will also be filled with His love, joy, increase and health! Enjoy your wonderful family over the holiday! And cant wait to see new and amazing craftiness from your desk next year! Love and hugs right back to you! :)

      Delete