Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Rooted and Grounded!

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! It's another AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL day in Georgia! I tell you, we don't usually have an "identified" spring here in Georgia....it usually goes from winter straight to summer (uggghhhh!), but we really are having some beautiful springtime weather right now! I hope Mother Nature is blessing you where ever you reside! 

Today I am going to share a quick tag with you that I just love! The symbolism for this tag has a deep rooted meaning for me as a believer in Christ! Trees are amazing structures and hold so much meaning to me. I love the out of doors and nothing is more soothing to me than to go on a big hike and where I can gaze upon beautiful trees and hear the wind as it rustles through them. Hiking always gives me the opportunity to convene with the Creator of those amazing structures, Father God!  The Tree of Life is beautiful reminder to me that I am "rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." (Colossians 2:7) The Tree of Life has been my mantra resonating in my spirit for about two years now. I LOVE it! :)
I was so excited to do this tag that I zoomed through it! I really love when that happens though because I know, for me, that it was a "God thing!" I was stoked when I got my January Unity Stamp Layers of Life Kit in because the stamp, once again, confirmed what had been resonating in me. I stamped the beautiful tree with VersaMark and then heat embossed using black embossing powder. I then simply sprayed Tattered Angels in various colors and then flicked water here in there for some textured look. I did some "faux" stitching around the edges with my Micron Pen and used it as well for my sentiment. I highlighted with my white Signo Pen. I edged the tag with black ink and voila! :)

The core of who I am is in Christ and I want to always be reminded that my roots run deep enabling me to be all that God has called me to be! As I grow in Christ allowing the proper pruning where He sees it's needed, and then being obedient to His call on my life, I know that the fruit will be evident in my walk. I want to honor Him in all I say and do!

Have a blessed day! :)


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tag and powerful message, Felicia! That stamp was just perfect for this. I believe we always get what we need when we need it. That's true for little things like this stamp, as well as for more important things in life. No wonder you sailed through with this project - it was meant to be! Love the multicoloured background and the highlighted lettering! The white really pops the letters off the background! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet friend! :) It definitely was a perfect stamp and probably one of my favorite to date in my stash!! Thank you again, AS ALWAYS, for your gracious affirming comments!! I can always count on you to lift my day Zsuzsa! :) Happy, happy Spring to you too!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely tag!
    Awesome stamp. Very strong message.

    Have a great week!
    Sussie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan! I am so thankful you stopped in! Blessings to you today! :)

      Delete
  3. Amen!!!!!!! And it's a wonderful tag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just the sweetest Wanda! I love to see Father God work don't you? Thank you so much for the "Wanda love!" Have an AWESOME day! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the colours on your tag. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin! I love those colors too! I have to push myself not to make EVERYTHING with those colors and climb out of the box once in awhile, ha ha, but I just had to use them on this tag! Thank you for stopping in and visit again! :) Blessings to you!

      Delete