Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Made New!

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! It's mid week and I hope everyone is feeling blessed! My girls are counting the hours and minutes.......tomorrow is the LAST day of school!!! Yippeee!! I am excited, but the reality check for me is my oldest starts high school this coming up year and then my youngest will be in middle school! I just can't believe it! I've shared that we are older parents, so many of you are past this stage in life, but it really does bring to light that time really does fly! When I look at them, I see young ladies, but in my heart I see my babies! *Sigh!* Hope everyone has great summer plans!!

Today I am going to share a journal spread that I so enjoyed doing! Well, I enjoy them ALL, but this is in typical "me" colors! I am really excited to share this spread today because my good friend Wanda Hentges over on Art by Wanda did a journal page yesterday using the same scripture I used on my spread!! I LOVE IT!! Neither of us knew the other's thoughts, but GOD DID!! I love to see God move on like minded individuals to confirm His word! NOTHING in His Kingdom is ever coincidence! :)
I began this page with a coat of gesso and then using a baby wipe applied Distress Paint in Antique Linen and then some cheapo acrylics in various browns until I got the effect I was looking for. I then applied some Prima-Art Extravagance-Texture Paste in Copper Crackle through one of my favorite stencils for The Crafter's Workshop - Specimens, in various places. I also took a stamp from one of my newest favorite to use stamp sets from Unity and applied here and there using Archival black ink. I then just edges my pages with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.

I always pull out pages from magazines that I like or rip scraps here and there and keep in a box to use at a later time. I had ripped some pages from a magazine featuring some really neat rug patterns that I liked so I just took pieces of those and some emphemera, along with a piece of corrugated cardboard and distressed their edges and applied down using gel medium. I also brought out my gears, some Tim Holtz and some from Sheri Whitfield's Etsy Shop to use and applied them with Aleene's. If you haven't checked out Sheri's shop, you should head on over, she has some fabulous deals! :) I also added some brads to the corner of my "who" emphemera card and popped it up with pop dots.

The letters I used were from Paper Studio and there is also a heart on the gear (that you can barely see) that I used from the same set to which I applied Versa Mark to and then covered with a glittery black embossing powder to and then simply heat embossed. You can't tell it from these photos, but it really was a neat effect. And then I used some of Tim Holtz's chit chat stickers to add a further sentiments. Voila!

You know, as believers, we are not to allow our past dictate who we are "NOW," which is, if you have received Christ, "a new creature in Him!" In 2 Corinthians 5:17 of God's Word, it says "Therefore, if ANYONE is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!" We are no longer our former self when we are seen through Christ! Therefore, you should no longer allow the enemy to bring your past back up to you! God's Word also says that we are to "forget those things which are behind and reach forward to those things which are ahead, PRESS toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Jesus Christ.!" (Phil 3:13-14) When you receive Christ, God ONLY sees you through His Son's blood! He doesn't keep a tally sheet up in Heaven to throw up in your face, that's what the enemy does! You have been REDEEMED by the blood of the Lamb! Holy, righteous, without spot or wrinkle!!! Nothing you have done made it so, only the blood!

We are new creatures and we can certainly use who we formally were as a learning tool to be a part of who we will become! We haven't arrived (or at least I haven't) but I am about BECOMING ALL God has called me to be! So I don't look back for a brow beating, I use it as a step to "press on toward the goal to win the prize..ETERNITY with my Savior! Oh how He loves me and YOU! :) Aren't you glad He takes you as you are, cleans you up and remembers NO MORE!! What manner of love is this? Unconditional, amazing love from a Father and Son! :)

Today, won't you choose to forget those things which are behind and press towards eternity! I, for one, would love to see you there! :)

Blessings

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful quote, and a fabulous spread, Felicia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Win, my friend! That blesses me EVERY TIME I read it! :) I am thankful that I can live with that promise! :) Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Felicia, I love your journal page. It is so beautiful. I just bought a journal recently, but I have only done one page so far. Do you remember when I told you, you inspired me to do a canvas. I wanted to leave you a link to it. I just want to show you what looking at all of those gorgeous tags inspired me to do. Huggs and blessings my friend. http://pennyskrafts.blogspot.com/2015/04/april-21-2015-hc-canvas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you sweet, sweet Penny! You ALWAYS bring a smile to my face and this really started off my week!! I don't have the internet at home, so I am just seeing this today and I FINALLY went over and checked out your AMAZING canvas and left you a comment! I don't think there is anything you put your hand to that isn't gorgeous! You are such a craft, creative talent! So, get out that journal girlfriend, you will be awesome at it! I find I do best with canvas and journal when I don't think about it too much and just let it flow. Of course mostly when I do either it is based on scripture, so that is so helpful because then it is God inspired, but when I put my two cents worth in, I have to just not think about it too much or it gets to taxing!! LOL I can't wait to see your next canvas and journal spread!! Many blessings to you my friend and thank you so much, for stopping in and leaving such lovely comments !:))))

      Delete