Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Be Brave, Be Happy!

Another post today crafty friends! I have a lot of catching up to do!! LOL I was able to play a little bit on my craft table before I left on holiday, so I wanted to share one of my projects. You will recall at the end of March I shared some happy mail I had received from the Kraaft Shaak and from Sheri Whitfield at her Etsy Shop. You know how that goes, you just can't wait to get to your table and start using all that crafty goodness! So it went with me!!

In my Mixed Media Kit from the Kraaft Shaak, I opted to receive the 5x7 canvas. I knew that I wanted to try some steampunk style on canvas but wanted to start on a small scale. With that in mind, I also ordered some extra embellishments from Sheri at her Etsy Store to enhance my project.

I had an idea of where I wanted to end up with the project, but sometimes you aren't sure about the beginning!! LOL So I started by laying down pieces of Tim Holtz's tissue tape here and there. I then put a think layer of gesso over top. Then I just started spraying with Lindy's Stamp Gang in Red Hot Poker Orange and Cattail Copper Brown, some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Candy Apple Red and Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold until I got the look I was going for, which was a "rustic look."


The main thing I wanted to get to was the Gold Crackle Paste from Finnabair. I had used it on a project a couple of weeks ago, but wanted a thicker look. So I took a Tattered Angels gear stencil/mask and put a thick layer over top. I had to let this dry over night because I wanted to get the "full" effect of the crackle. I was so delighted by the outcome! That product is soooooo yummy and you just have to try it!!

I then just began to lay down all of my elements. All of the elements were gesso'd and then distressed with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and then sprayed with the same combination as the canvas. I do hot glue my elements down as I am too impatient to wait for anything else to dry. I did add my homemade flowers that I did out of bookpage, some Maya Road embellishments and other, what I call "lost things" (can you tell I am a Tinker Bell fan...hee hee), besides the goodies from Heather and Sheri. I finished the project by using Finnabair's awesome Art Ingredients Glass Glitter in copper and one of my favorite products Inka Gold Metallic Rub in Gold.

I had so much fun doing this canvas and I will be exploring more of this kind of creativity. I don't want to get into a same old, same old style, so I will have to be doing my homework. I would love to take one of Fin's classes and noted that to her by asking her to come to the states!! LOL I think that's in her plan at some point and time this year, so we shall see if somehow I can make that plan happen!!! You never know, sometimes wishes do come true! LOL

So what are you guys working on? Hope you are having as much fun as I am!! :))))

Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Peg! I did and I can't wait to see what else I can come up with! LOL Thanks again and blessings to you! :)

      Delete