Friday, March 27, 2015

Nothing But The Blood!

Good Friday all my crafty friends! I hope you all are having a lovely day!! I have a lot to do this weekend! Spring has come to our area, however we are expecting a little cold snap tonight and tomorrow night. That being said, if it will be on the cooler side (It's been in the mid 80's already here) then tomorrow will be perfect to do some good old yard work to prepare for the upcoming grass cutting season! I love working in the yard as I am a VERY outdoorsy kind of person.

All that said, I also am going to get as much as I can done this weekend because next weekend I will be preparing and packing our camper for our upcoming camping trip! I am so excited! It has been awhile since we have been camping because my husband was between jobs and promotions and his schedule changed so much that we were not able to make any plans to go anywhere! But last month he got the promotion we were looking for which took him to 4 ten hour days a week and EVERY weekend off!! Woooo hooooo!! Now the camping can resume!! My girls are so excited as am I! My brother and sister-in-law also have a camper and they go with and it makes for great family fun! Plus my daughter's usually bring pals along so we just make it a big fun brew ha ha! I CAN'T WAIT! :)

Today, I am going to share with you a VERY QUICK journal page that I did as part of my Take Me Deeper Journal Challenge over on His Kingdom Come community. Today I am submitting Week 3's journal prompt which ended yesterday. I am a little behind, as a matter of fact I still haven't shared Week 2....oy vey!! LOL  This past week's prompt was Nothing But The Blood of Jesus. As I have quite a few unfinished things on my desk, this one was done quickly, but not without deep though, so that I could get some of those other things rolling and done.

I wasn't really sure where I was going with this page, so I began by adhering some of Tim Holtz's tissue paper with Mod Podge. I then did a white wash of gesso over that. I then sprayed a couple of layers of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists over top of that heat setting in between each layer. I am not sure of the colors, but the first was a light reddish color and the second was darker red. I then simply took one of my favorite Christy Tomlinson background stamps from Unity Stamps and stamped with Distress ink in Barn Door in various spots. I then took this great border stamp from January's Layers of Life kit from Unity stamps and stamped on all sides. Then I just sketched out the title on the page and then went back over with Faber Castell Black Pitt Pens and a black Big Brush Pen. I hightlighted with my white gel pen from Sakura and added the blood drops with my red Big Brush Pen and then outlined and shadowed with gifted Stabilo Pencil from sweet Heather over on Google+ Kraafter's Kommunity.  Voila!

As I said, this was a very quick page for me, but again, NOT without a LOT of thought! As a Christian, this thought resonates through my very being! NOTHING but the blood of Jesus covers all!! Many of you are familiar with the old hymn that is titled this. It is a beloved hymn whose words embodies who we are as Christians and why! Because of Jesus and His shed blood on the cross were were made right with, restored, or reconciled back to the Father! Instead of receiving the just consequences for our sins, our Father in Heaven sacrificed His only Son who shed His blood as the LAST pure sacrifice to cover ALL our sins! Glory! What an Amazing and Loving God! What's even more amazing is that His Son Jesus went willingly to the cross on our behalf! Willingly!! The magnitude of that sacrifice is beyond most of our comprehension!

One of my favorite line from that old hymn is "No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus!" That fountain of living water will NEVER run dry for those whom believe!! That living water that the Holy Spirit offers dwells in those whom have received and believe and seals them for salvation through the mighty, powerful blood of Jesus! NOTHING but His blood could do that for YOU! Nothing but the blood could reconcile YOU, nothing but the blood could redeem YOU, nothing but the blood could offer you ETERNAL LIFE!! His shed blood allows you to be seen by our Heavenly Father as white as snow, holy and righteous! What GREATER love could there be than this ULTIMATE sacrifice from a Father and Son??? And it's all for YOU!

As we are coming upon the Easter Season, I pray your thoughts and heart are reflecting on the work at the cross! What an amazing love that brings life and light to this world!

Blessings

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a very fitting page... not a lot of excess because it's "Nothing" but the blood. Love it!!! And the sacrifice Jesus willing made for us and our loving Father that made a way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wanda! I feel the same way! It holds its own weight doesn't it! Thank the Lord!! I'm so, so thankful for that amazing, incomprehensible sacrifice for you and I!! Where would we be my friend? Where would we be but for grace! I pray you have a wonderful Easter planned with loved ones celebrating His victory! Many blessings to you! :) Happy Easter

      Delete