Wednesday, February 18, 2015

He Loves Me!

Good Wednesday all my crafty friends! Valentines Day is over, but "LOVE" continues to be in the air! Love is a word that embodies SO MUCH, so we should be about expressing "love" DAILY not just on Valentines Day! That being said, I am continuing this week, with projects of "love." It has been so fun!

Well, as I mentioned yesterday, I am about playing "catch up" on all my many projects! So today, I want to share Week 1 of February's "Love Theme" over on His Kingdom Come's Take Me Deeper Challenge. Week 1 was based on the scripture for John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." That is a scripture that most everyone knows by heart and it is a HUGE scripture to be sure for believers, But that scripture is HUGE on SO MANY LEVELS! Many things quickly come to mind when I think upon that scripture, but the first thing is that it speaks on the ENORMITY of God's heart and LOVE for us! He sacrificed His ONE and ONLY SON that we be saved and live eternally, that is an AMAZING LOVE!!! Think about that, would you sacrifice your son or daughter for another?

The scripture that kept coming to me out of Jhn 3:16 was John 3:34 that tells us that "God does not give the Spirit by measure!" What does that mean to you and I? To me that says, there is NO END to His INFINITE love poured out to us by the Holy Spirit! You can have as MUCH OF GOD or as little of God as you want!! But from His end, there is NO END! It is limitless!! All you or I have to do is receive it! Christ was the FULLNESS of that INFINITE LOVE and when we receive Him, we receive that same power packed love to live on the inside of us, to guide, encourage, comfort, empower and equip us that we walk daily in that love for His glory!
Week 1's journal page was a quick one, but one that really spoke to and encourage me. I began this page by spraying Maya Mist Bubblegum Metallic, some Lindy's Stamp Gang Autumn Maple and some Dylusions Postbox Red. I then just simply distressed the edges with Distress inks in Fired Brick and Vintage Photo. I stamped a border on each side using Unity Stamp January Layers of Life Collection and the heart with Unity Stamp December Layers of Life Collection. I then drew and fussy cut out a measuring cup and adhered down with Mod Podge and then shaded with Faber Castell Gelatos and Big Brush Pen.

I knew the thoughts behind my measuring cup was the "Spirit" poured out, so I filled it with fruits of the spirit and then as the cup is poured out, it flows "Christ the Fullness!" I added some of Finnabair's Gold Rush Glass Glitter at the top because the "Spirit" is like gold to me and then I finished with stamping the scripture at the top. Voila!

God does not give us 2oz., 4oz., 6oz., or even 8oz. of His love! He give us FULL MEASURE, pressed down, shaken together and RUNNING OVER!!!! As my daughter would say, "that's just how he rolls!" LOL There is NOTHING short with our God, least of all His amazing love!

I encourage you today to seek His amazing love that will FILL YOU TO THE BRIM!:)

Blessings

6 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful spread Felicia, love the mixture of reds, your heart is great, the measuring cup that pours is fantastic idea, the lettering is perfect, it is just an amazing composition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Ruth. I liked how the reds turned out as well. Wasn't sure how they all would mix, but it worked! LOL I give the measuring cup idea to the Lord because as soon as I read that scripture that image came into my head with the other scripture I mentioned! I'm not quick enough to think of stuff like that! LOL So thank you Lord! LOL Blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous!!!! It is such a blessing to read your blog as the words flow from God through you to us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda, it is a joy to me that you visit and encourage me with your uplifting words! I am so happy to share what He so lovingly and freely gives to me and am so happy that others enjoy what I share! He has to get the glory for inspiring me, but I love that I have made such wonderful friends through it all! Thank you so much! Blessings to you!:)

      Delete
  3. I love how you illustrated this Bible verse, Felicia! So creative and imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Zsuzsa! This was an easy one to do and I TOTALLY enjoyed it! Blessings

      Delete