Monday, July 7, 2014

Freedom!

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Holiday! It was very quite for my family and I did some much needed yard work with my time off!  I love getting in my yard and getting that polished look!  It makes you feel so renewed when you step back and have a look at it!

I wanted to do a "4th of July" spread in my journal, but I wanted it to convey so much more than the "4th of July!"  For me, it's ALL ABOUT freedom and liberty!  Most certainly from our nations point of view, BUT it is so much more than that!  I am SO, SO blessed to live in a nation where I have the liberty and freedom afforded to me by those AMAZING men and women who put their lives on the line for me DAILY!! That is NO SMALL thing in my mind that they are willing to serve!!  Most, never get so much as a "thank you!" I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the current and past service men and women who made my freedom possible!!  May you ALL be tremendously blessed for your selfless places of service!!

Living in a nation where "Let Freedom Ring" resounds from the lips of patriotic dwellers, I am MOST THANKFUL for the ability to have the freedom to worship our Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ!  While our service men and women continually fight for the right of freedom in this country, my brother and joint heir Jesus Christ died on the cross for my ETERNAL freedom, liberty and salvation!!  While our freedom in this nation comes at the daily sacrifices of men and women who serve this nation, my spiritual freedom came at the FINAL sacrifice of Jesus on the cross!  That amazing love for me and you gives us the power of freedom and liberty through the truth of His Word!  That truth equips and enables us to walk in true freedom and liberty not only here on this earth but for eternity in the Kingdom of God!

Galatians 5:1 says "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery!" We are free in this nation because so many men and women have taken a stand for us, but for believers, we are spiritually free because we take the stand that Christ has set us free!  So THANK YOU men and women who sacrificed so much that we have the freedom to share the message and gift of Christ with others in this country and THANK YOU JESUS who was the ultimate sacrifice for my ETERNAL FREEDOM!

Blessings

2 comments: