Friday, June 20, 2014

Summertime!

Well, it really hasn't hit full summer here yet in good ole Georgia, but we already have balmy, humid 90+ days here!  This in fact is typical Georgia weather and you would think one would get used to it, but it still makes me crazy after all these years! LOL!!  It's times like these that that dream cabin in the mountains screams to become a reality!!

This is a typical picture of my free spirited daughter and my hubby!  
They are like two peas in a pod!  She's such a sweet girl and just happens to be my "art buddy!"  When I started doing art journals, she was so inquisitive!  She got me to buy her a journal and she would sit with me on the couch and play.  As my hobby progressed so did her inquisitions!!!  As we ALL know....our hobby can get real expensive, so I just sat back to see how far she wanted to go with it before I sowed a lot into it for her! Kids often quit things right in the middle of "I just have to do this!" LOL!!  But, she has been steady and earnest with her interest.  So this past Christmas she got art supplies galore!!  We also bought her a drafters desk, and my husband being a talented cabinet builder, is going to build her some shelving to go over top for all her crafty goodness!
This page out of one of my journals today is inspired by her!  I did this to show her how easy it all could be starting with just a simple stencil!  I took a few of her stencils that I bought her, with a little free hand, and came up with a real summery little page.  I Zentangled in the patterns and then finished off with my Derwent Water Color pencils.  I had fun and she gave me a lot of ideas for my patterns!  She's quite crafty herself and I will put one of her pieces on here in the near future!

Creativity can start with the smallest of things!  Just start, and things can go from there!  Hope your summer is starting off well and maybe not as hot as ours here in Georgia! 

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Precioso zentangle!! Y Felicidades por su familia! Aquí en Barcelona hace también mucho calor y mucha humedad! Aún así, lo prefiero al invierno. Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, Isabel...I would love, love to go to Barcelona! My family is from Benavente! Some day I will do a family trip! Thank you as always for your sweet comments! Happy Summer and stay cool! LOL!!

      Delete