Thursday, June 5, 2014

Special Delivery!

I think just about everybody loves getting special prizes in the mail!  Nothing makes me more giddy than receiving some crafty goodness in the mail after I have ordered it and waited with baited breath for it!  Funny how it doesn't take the bills any time to come in the mail, but order some goodies, and it takes FOREVER!!

All that said, I had seen some vids from CHA in January of Rebekah Meier and all her wonderful new stencils and knew I just had to have them!  I love stencils and all the nifty things you can do with them.  Well it seemed like FOREVER, (there's that word again), before Crafter's Workshop had them available for stencil hounds like me to get a hold of them.  But once they were, you can betcha that I ordered them!!  I love Rebekah's style and her wonderful stencils reflect that.

One  of my favorite things to do is tags because I love to give them away for gifts or "just because!"  On this tag, I used Rebekah's stencils and had fun doing so.  I used some Calypso Teal and Pure Sunshine Dylusions ink sprays through some random background stencils and then mixed Lumin Arte's Pink Azalea Silks acrylic glaze (which I love, love) with Faber Castell's Glass Bead Glitter Gel through Rebekah's Gothic stencil.  I ended up spraying some Crushed Grape Dylusions over top of them just to give them a little more zing.  I used some more Silks through another one of Rebekeah's stencils for further texture and did a little doodle stamp on the edges.  Had to add some Tim Holtz emphemera and of course EVERYTHING finishes off better with Tim's Walnut Stain Distress Ink pads!

So glad I got her stencils.  It made for yummy fun and future fun for sure!  Now I think I have to find a "just because" friend to give it to!  I love bringing a smile!

6 comments:

  1. I love your tag, and you are right those stencils from Rebekah are great, I had to have all of them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's terrible isn't it Ruth!! At least we all have the same sickness!!! LOL!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preciosa etiqueta!! Ese color verde es sensacional!! Y hasta la cinta es muy bonita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Isabel! Funny thing is that I didn't used to like green! As I have gotten older I have fallen in love with it and tend to use it a lot!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete