Monday, June 2, 2014

Our Help

My heart is grieving today due to the passing of my brother-in-law yesterday evening.  Yesterday, something stirred in me to do this journal page and I believe, now, that it was a "God thing."  Yes, it came from a heart that most certainly believes and knows that I know from whence my help comes, but I believe it was God preparing me with His precious Word for the call I got this morning from my sister.

The author writes this Psalm out of a heart confident that his help comes from the Lord for any trial, any circumstance.  In His Word, God time and time again assures us that as believers who are joined in covenant with a loving Heavenly Father, we able to draw upon Him for comfort, security, guidance and care.  Grief is a human response that I believe God considers for His precious children and out of His enormous love for us, offered His Son on the cross to take on that yoke so that we could focus on eternity and the peace that it brings.


I'm so thankful that God ministered this to my heart yesterday, that His Word would quicken my spirit today and that I could minister that encouraging Word back out to my sister.  I'm so thankful that I have a Heavenly Father that is always one step ahead of me preparing the way and my rear guard to protect me and lift me up when I fall!

My prayer is that YOU would come to know the amazing love of the Creator of the Universe whose arms are open wide, who wants to keep you from all harm, who watches over your life, and who will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Blessings to you today!

2 comments:

  1. Felicia, I'm so sorry for your loss!! Your pages are wonderful and an excellent reminder that God is always there and is our help!!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Wanda! I don't know what I what do without the comfort of my Father in Heaven! You are so very kind!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete