Friday, June 13, 2014

Growth

Today's tag was so much fun!  I love doing tags, but I always use the manila tags.  So to break from the "norm," when I did my Hobby Lobby trip this time, I decided to buy the darker tags.  I had mixed some Silks acrylic glaze with some Faber Castell Glass Bead Gel for another project and because I don't like to waste anything, I took the excess and put it through some stencils on several tags for future projects.  I continued with some Broken China Distress Ink through another stencil to finish the background.

I'm a huge Unity Stamp fan and am a Layers of Life member, so I wait with baited breath each month for my new stamps!  I call it my little gift to myself!!  The flowers are from this past months kit, which I love.  As I haven't gotten on the Copic bandwagon, quite simply because I can't afford it, I colored them with my Bic Markers, which color and blend just fine for me. I then added some of my beloved emphemera stash!  I have a whole drawer dedicated to that stuff!  Probably won't use it all in my life time, but it's like a sickness...can't stop buying it!!  And who can live without Washi tape?? LOL!!

My heart was geared towards the summer scenery!  Georgia has been blessed with lots of rain this year, which I am happy about, we are usually brown by now because of the lack of it.  But this year has brought out the beautiful flowers.  Makes for a nice afternoon drive!  I was reminded of how as believers, if we aren't properly "watered," we won't grow either! How does that happen?  Well, it's all about relationship!  God's Word calls us to "grow" in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18).  But in order to do that you have to have a relationship with the Father!  God's word is "living water" to our body and spirit!  It requires us to get into that Word, read it and let it be life to our bodies and grace and knowledge to our heart, mind and spirit!

I want to grow and be ALL I can be in Christ.  I am so thankful that I am FULL of life, the life of Christ.  And just like a flower that God formed as a bud to bloom, when properly watered, it can turn to the Sun of Righteousness that His bright beams can aid in perfecting its beauty and symmetry!!  I pray that Heaven's light may shine upon YOU today that you too can grow and be all YOU can be in Christ! 

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment